Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

47

It's been about a week since John got out of the hospital. He's been staying home from school though. Not because of the injuries, but because he can. Typical John.

Anyway, I'm currently getting my books from my locker. It's been kind of a bummer without John, but I'll live. As he always says "Some people have real problems".

Word about us has been getting around school and I've gotten even more glares from the senior girls than usual.

I was looking through my books when I felt two arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Morning babe,"

I whipped around and came face to face with my lovely boyfriend.

"John! You're back!" I squealed as I crushed him in a hug.

"Yeah." He said in a pained voice.

I quickly let go of him and frowned.

"Did I hurt you?" I asked.

"No, no. My back's just sore." He shrugged as if it was no big deal.

Before he could stop me, I walked around him and lifted the back of his shirt up. What I saw made my chest hurt in realization.

"Holy shit," I muttered as I let the fabric of his t-shirt cover his back again.

"It's not as bad as it looks, Kimmy." He sighed.

"You have a bruise the size of my body!" I shrieked. "If you didn't protect me this wouldn't have happened."

"It was worth it then." He murmured into my ear before turning my head and placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

"You amaze me." I whispered as we pulled away.

"Your pretty face is just one of the things that amazes me about you." He told me before kissing my cheek.

I blushed and shut my locker before turning back to him.

"So, did your dad take you car shopping yet?" I asked as we walked towards my first class of the day.

"Yeah, I got a black BMW!" He grinned.

"Really? That's awesome!"

"It's a '96 but still. It's got a CD player." He told me.

"Finally! No more top 20 on car rides." I chuckled.

"I know. It was killing me too." He laughed. "So, it's Friday. Wanna do something tonight?"

"Only if you let me take your new car for a little test drive." I wagered.

"Fine." He groaned. "So that's a yes?"

"That's an absolutely!" I nodded.

"Good." He laughed as he gave me another kiss on the cheek as we got to my class room. "See ya later."

"Bye." I waved as he walked off.

We got through the day slowly. John got an 100 on his Latin quiz. I asked if he made me tutor him just because he liked me and swore he didn't. I'm still pretty sure he did. The rest of the day flew by and he offered to give me a ride home in his new car.

"Can I just chill at your house while you get ready?" He asked, not wanting to drive the whole way back to his house.

"Sure." I shrugged as we stepped inside.

"Is your mom working?" He asked.

"Yep." I answered shortly.

He frowned, knowing that Eric and I hated how much our mother worked over the holidays but that's when restaurants are the busiest.

"We should go get you guys a tree!" He offered.

"Do you really want to?" I asked.

"Yeah!" He nodded happily.

"Okay, just let me get a jacket." I grinned.

We hadn't had a tree for years. We always talked about getting one, but never did.

I pulled on my coat and a hat because I got cold very easily. My dad used to joke that I was cold blooded, even though that didn't make sense it still made me smile.

"Ready?" John asked as I walked down the stairs.

I nodded and we got into his car. First, we stopped at In'N'Out burger to get dinner and then we got back in the car. After a short car ride we pulled into a small tree farm.

"John?" I asked as he got out.

"Hm?"

"How are we gonna fit a tree in your car?" I wondered.

"Don't you worry, baby. I'll get it in there." He laughed as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"If you say so..." I chuckled.

We walked around the farm looking at all the different trees.

"This one?" John asked for the millionth time.

"Hmm, no. It's got a bare spot." I said shaking my head.

He groaned and we walked further into the farm.

I looked at John, who didn't appear to be having much fun and took off running.

"Where are you going?" He laughed as he came after me.

"You'll have to catch me to find out!" I grinned back at him.

I ran in and out of the rows of trees before he caught me and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"I caught you." He smirked.

"Y-" I stopped and gasped.

"What?" He asked, following my gaze.

"That's it. I want this one!" I said eagerly.

"This one it is!" He agreed.

We cut it down and got it wrapped up with rope before attempting to shove it in his car. Once we got it in he clapped his hands together and laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"I guess I don't need this air freshener now." He joked before throwing the tree shaped cardboard on the ground and climbing into the drivers side.

"Wait!"

"What?" He asked.

"You said I could drive." I pouted.

He looked unsure so I made my sad face.

"Okay, okay. Just don't give me your sad face!" He gave in as he tossed me the keys.

"Ooh, I've never driven a German car." I said as I adjusted the mirrors and seat.

"You're so cute." He laughed.

I just shook my head and drove.

After about a mile, John spoke up.

"You're driving over the speed limit." He pointed out.

"Yeah, by two. It's fine." I shrugged.

"Just slow down." He barked.

"No! I'm driving 47 miles an hour! It's fine!" I yelled.

"If you're not gonna slow down then pull the fuck over!" He screamed.

I immediately pulled over to the side of the road and slammed the car door shut. Instead of getting into the passenger seat, I starting walking down the road.

John didn't notice until he started the car.

"Kimmy, get in the car!" He yelled out the window.

I didn't say anything and just kept walking. I was a good forty feet from the vehicle when he started driving. He matched my brisk pace and drove next to me.

"Get in." He begged in an even tone.

I just looked forward and didn't respond. I hated being yelled at, especially when driving and he of all people should know that.

On my sixteenth birthday he taught me to drive in a parking lot, then when I got my permit I almost started crying because I was such a nervous driver on real roads. He eventually calmed me down and told me I was a great driver. I guess he was lying.

"Kimmy, it's not safe to walk on this road. It's getting dark and it's cold. Please get in." He pleaded.

I still didn't even slow my pace, deciding that I needed to hear those two important words before getting back in his car.

"You're gonna get hit by a fucking car, Kay." He snapped.

"Wouldn't be the first time." I remarked under the breath.

"Bullshit! You know how bad I feel about that." He barked.

I sped up and wrapped my arms around my body to keep my warmth in.

"If you're gonna keep this up then take my jacket." He offered before tossing it to me out the passenger side window.

I just threw it back in the car.

I heard him let out an irritated sigh.

"I'm sorry, Kimmy."

At last, I stopped and he too stopped. I opened up the door and sat in the back seat, refusing to sit next to him.

He groaned and started driving towards my house.

Once we got there, I slammed the car door shut and stomped into my house. I slammed the front door and stomped up the stairs to my room. On the way, I pulled off my coat and hat, tossing them on the staircase.

Once I got there, I took off my jeans opting for leggings and kept my sweatshirt on.

I heard John come inside the house, probably carrying the tree in.

I laid on my bed on my side and tried to fight my tears of anger.

I heard his heavy footsteps come up the stairs and prepared for him to come up and yell at me more.

I heard my door squeak open slowly and didn't look back at it. He walked over to me and my small twin bed sank down on the side he was sitting.

He brought his hand up to my shoulder and I shrugged it off. I heard him sigh and he started to play with my hair. I tensed up and he stopped, only to replace his fingers in my hair with his lips on my neck.

I let out an involuntary sigh, but stopped quickly.

"Stop," I whined "I'm mad at you."

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I know you hate get yelled at when you're driving. I just wanna be extra cautious, I couldn't live with myself if I got you into another accident." He apologized as he pressed his body to mine and held me tightly against him. He started kissing my neck again and I hated how good it felt. "Forgive me?"

"I don't want to. I'm still mad." I pouted.

He gave me gentle kisses all the way to my collar bone until I pushed him away.

"I thought I told you." I mumbled.

"Do you want me to leave?" He asked sadly.

"Mmhmm." I murmured quietly, feeling bad about it.

"If that's what you want." He sighed.

I heard him walk out of my room and then out of my house.

"I love you." I whispered to no one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, number one: I think this is really awkwardly written and I'm sorry
Number two: I'm sorry if you don't celebrate Christmas and this is annoying you
Subscribe and comment!!