Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

Sweetheart

I drove home from the Halvorsen house, in a car that smelled like pine, feeling like shit. I know I shouldn't have yelled at her, but since the accident I just got super paranoid about driving.

I should have told her. I know it's early but it's getting harder to hold it in everyday. It's just three words.

I. Love. You.

I've said them tons of times.

But whenever I want to tell her she looks so pretty and innocent and my throat gets dry and my palms get sweaty. It's just never the right time.

I walked into my house and went straight to my room with little interruption from my parents.

I collapsed on my bed and kept thinking.

If she weren't so cute, this wouldn't be so hard.

I pulled out my phone and started typing.

To: Kay

I'm sorry baby


I sat back and waited for a reply. I waited for twenty minutes until my phone rang.

From: Kay

I'll call you later sweetheart.


My heart starting beating faster when I read the last word. Never have I ever heard Kimmy call someone 'sweetheart'. A smile spread across my face and I sent a quick reply.

To: Kay

I'll be waiting xoxo


She loved xoxo for some reason, so I thought it would be nice to suck up to her and I'm not a fan of the heart <3.

I kept my phone on my chest and rested my hand on top of it to secure its place. It started getting later and later and eventually I dozed off.

I woke up hours later to the sound of my phone ringing. It was dark outside and my alarm clock said 3:28.

I quickly answered the phone.

"Kimmy?" I asked.

There was a short pause before she spoke.

"Are you thinking about me?"

"Of course I am." I whispered. "Are you thinking about me?"

"Yeah." She answered shortly.

I knew she hadn't stayed up all night thinking about me. She valued sleep too much. She probably went to sleep and then woke up and decided to call just to catch me off guard. It was fun for her.

"Kay? I need you." I told her softly.

"I need you too." She replied. "I forgive you."

"I'm still sorry."

She paused again for a long time.

"John, I'm trying to figure this out. Why did we start? We were perfectly happy being friends before." She stated.

"I don't wanna do this over the phone." I said "If I come pick you up, will you come with me?"

"Yes."

That was all I needed to hear before I grabbed my keys and ran to my car.

Her voice was like a beautiful melody and her saying "Yes" was my favorite song.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weird ending:/
Please please please check out my new Andrew Cook story! Subscribe if you like it. I don't know whether or not I'm going to keep it, but if people like it then I will. Thank you!
Subscribe and comment!