Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

The Haze Of A Car Crash

I sat in the hospital waiting room alone. My hands hadn't stopped shaking since the crash. The tears also didn't stop rolling down my cheeks. I received sympathetic looks from people passing by and hospital staff. I kept my eyes on the tiled floor and cried.

"Kimberly!" I heard a woman gasp.

I looked up to see Mrs. O'Callaghan rushing towards me. She approached me carefully and gave me a gentle hug.

"Are you okay? What happened, sweetie?" She asked as she held me.

"We- we were driving and the truck just stopped." I cried.

She sighed. "I should have never let him get that stupid piece of junk. I'm so sorry, honey. Do you need anything? Did someone call your mom?"

I just shook my head and tried to swallow the lump in my throat.

I wondered how she could be so calm and comforting while her sons condition was undetermined. She kept her arm around me and stroked my hair in a matronly manner.

We waited for what seemed like hours before we heard any news about John.

Chad showed up and unfortunately, he took Carols place and sat next to me.

"Do you, uh, need anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"O'Callaghan family?" A doctor asked.

Mrs. O'Callaghan stood up and went to go talk to him. I stood up slowly and my wobbly legs took me to the doctor.

I didn't catch anything except "You can see him now."

I watched as Carol walked to her sons hospital room. She covered her mouth in shock as she walked in and I started to feel light headed.

"Come on, sit down." Chad instructed, pulling on my arm.

"This is my fault. This is all my fault." I whispered desperately, burying my head in my hands.

"It's not your fault, kid." He said as he pulled me into an uncomfortable plastic chair.

"Yes it is! When we were about t-to get hit he took his seatbelt off to shield m-me." I sobbed.

"Really?" He asked, sounding shocked. "My bro did good."

"No! He's hurt because of me." I cried.

"I can guarantee you he doesn't care that he's hurt because you're okay. I know my brother." He told me as he rubbed my back trying to calm me down.

"It's not fair." I cried.

Carol came back out, wiping at her eyes trying to stay composed for her son and I.

"Kimmy, dear. Would you like to go see him?" She asked softly.

I looked up at her and nodded my head.

I stood up and tried to clear my blurry vision by wiping my tears away, but it wasn't working so I just slowly walked back the hallway that seemed like miles.

When I reached the door I slowly turned the knob and peeked in. It was just how I imagined it.

He was still unconscious, but all of his wounds were clean and wrapped up with bandages. There was a needle in his arm, but the infamous oxygen mask was missing thankfully.

My mouth went dry and I took a step closer to his bed. I looked down at his big bony hand and grabbed it. I laced my fingers with his and squeezed.

"John, I'm sorry." I sniffled as I looked at the boy.

"Don't be sorry." He croaked in a gruff voice as his eyelids cracked open.

Seeing him made me so overwhelmed that all I could do was hug him. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and sobbed.

"I'm s-so sorry. I shouldn't have m-made you take me h-home." I cried into him.

"Don't worry, babe. I'm fine." He assured me.

"N-no you're not! It's all my fault. Y-you protected me. Why did you do that?" I asked as I brought my tear stained face to look at his.

"I don't know, Kay." He sighed. "Something just came over me and you became the most important thing in the world."

"Why?" I whispered as I tried to blink away my tears.

"Because I..." He started. "Hey, stop the tears. I don't like seeing your pretty face cry."

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

"Come here." He said, scooting over to the left side of the bed.

I crawled in like a frightened child would after a bad dream and rested on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tightly kissed the top of my head.

"I'm glad you're okay." He said softly.

"How can you think about me when you're the one lying in the hospital bed?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Well to be fair, we're both in the hospital bed." He smirked. "And it's because I-" He stopped.

"You what?" I asked.

He was silent before speaking again.

"Why did you freak out when we kissed?"

"I'm scared." I admitted.

"Of me?" He asked sadly.

"Of my feelings for you. I'm afraid of getting hurt." I confessed quietly.

"Love me faithfully, See how I am faithful, with all my heart and all my soul, I am with you." He whispered.

I smiled and looked down. "I love that poem."

"I know you do." He whispered. "I'm not going to hurt you, Kay. I promise. I just want you to be mine."

Instead of saying anything, I lifted my head from Johns chest. Then I pressed my lips to his. He turned stiff at first but then melted into my body. He brought his hand to the nape of my neck and deepened the kiss. He opened his mouth and slid his tongue into my mouth. I froze at first, not knowing what to do. As if reading my mind, he massaged my tongue with his. I caught on quickly and smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"We just made out in a hospital bed." I panted.

"Is that a yes?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Yes to what?"

"Being my girl." He replied shyly.

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
I'm not a huge fan of this chapter.
Thank you for commenting:
S.H.E.L.B.Y jade

Whilethefirewasout

Berryobsession

Koolaidlover101

CheyenneBLG

Becohhh.

Up in smoke we go.

Omg!askarthlove

Deekayy0x

Rawrpenguins

Charluxlie

Comment again and subscribe!! Let's get to 10 stars!!
Thank you!!!!