Status: Updates when possible... ^__^

To Cross the New Divide

I See You

So for the past couple of days Charlie has been acting weird. And what really has me weird is that my uncle hasn’t called for a few days. He calls at least three times a week, but none at all this week. I guess after our fight, he decided to back off a bit. Not that I minded, but I still missed him. And college, don’t even get me started on that. I found out that I have to fly back to Atlanta for a week, take my finals and then wait another week, so I can graduate, wtf?

Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I sat in my usual spot and looked at Edward. I laid my head on his arm and he leaned down to kiss my forehead. We had become unofficial brother and sister and we were so close, it was scary.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, would you want to come over to our house after school?" He asked.

"Sure. Why?” They all seemed to stop and look at me.

"We think it's time you knew the truth," Emmett said softly. I narrowed my eyes.

"What that your vampires?” I asked whispering the last part. Their jaws dropped to the ground in shock and continued to look at me. I looked at them innocently.

"Why would you make that assumption?” Jasper asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"I’ve heard all the legends; shape shifters, cold ones. I know all about them, what really surprises me is how you manage to stay in one place from time to time?”

I told them I’d be over tonight and talk to them but I had to go home for a little while. As I drove home, I was so tired so I decided to go upstairs and take a nap. I would make dinner later but right now I was exhausted. This town has some magical powers, because I’m sleeping more then I’m use to.

As I was walking up the stairs I guess my boots were wet from the rain, I slipped and landed on my wrist. I held back a scream and stared at my wrist. I felt tears weld up, but quickly pushed them back. I stood up slowly and walked back into the kitchen. I sat at able and looked my wrist that hung at weird angle and was shooting pain. When in doubt…

I wrote a note to Charlie that I went out for a bit and grabbed my purse and locked the door behind me. I held my wrist against me as I drove to the hospital.

_________________________________________

I sat in the ER after having get my X-Rays. I knew it was a fracture, I just didn’t know how bad. I watched as the nurses rushed by and the doctors doing the same. I brought back memories when Mom and Dad did the same.

“Sophia?” I looked at the doctor to my left and nearly died. When did they start hiring gods at hospitals?

“Yes?” He smiled. Oh, god that smile.

“I’m Dr. Cullen, I’m sorry to keep you waiting,” I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from drooling.

“Don’t worry about, your not the first, nor do I doubt you will be the last” I said waving it off with good hand. I looked in his golden eyes and shook my head. Just another vegetarian…

“Nor? Never heard that word come from a teenagers mouth” He asked in a soft, yet so tender. I laughed at myself and shook my head. “What happened?”

“I fell going up the stairs,” He looked at me with a small smile. He continued to look over my wrist, his touch was really gentle, like a feather. “Yea, I’m a klutz.”

“Well from your X-ray, it‘s only an hairline fracture, so all we are going to do is put it in a brace,” He said reaching behind him and grabbing the said object. He put it on my wrist and fastened it.

“So your Edward and Rosalie’s adoptive father?” He looked over at me and then back at his chart.

“I take it you’re the Sophia they speak so highly of,” I felt my cheeks heat up a bit. So they talk about me

“Unless they have another friend named Sophia I didn’t know about,” I joked. He offered his hand to help me up. I felt a surge of electricity shoot through me. He grasped my hand lightly and helped me off the bed. I grabbed my purse and my car keys and followed him to reception.

“Here,” He handed me a prescription, “Should be strong enough, one every four to six hours,”

Third Person

Carlisle Cullen was just captivated by those beautiful hazel eyes. His children told him that Sophia Swan was beautiful even for a human. And now he saw why. She dressed like an adult, but had the sense of a teenager.

But her sweet French Vanilla smell was enough to last him a life time. The way she looked at him, she had the eyes that seemed full of wisdom, passion, and warmth.

“Thank you Dr. Cullen, I’ll see you soon,” Sophia said in a slightly husky voice. She began to walk away but stopped to face him. “But hopefully in better conditions,” Carlisle bit the inside of his cheek and smirked. She smiled and made her way out to her car.

_____________ Normal ______________

Carlisle Cullen. That name brought shivers down my back. Those eyes, and that smile. Oh god, when did you have a better looking brother? I smirked and grabbed my blue tooth and dialed my best friend Shayne’s number. She had my first friend when I moved to Georgia, now we were practically sisters. I made her sing for me, only if I made her clothes. Far trade. I pouted as it went to voicemail.

‘Hey Shay, give me a call when you can, I need to talk to you babe, love ya.’

I pulled up to the house to find Charlie’s cruiser. I grabbed my purse and walked to the house.

“Charlie, I’m home!” I called out. I walked upstairs after not seeing him and walked to put my stuff in my room. I walked by Bella and…. Wait, Bella?

I backed up and looked at the girl standing in that room and dropped my purse. She looked at me with happy eyes. I jumped on her and hugged her afraid that she would just disappear. I haven’t seen her in twelve years. She wrapped her arms around my waist and squeezed tightly. I pulled away and wiped away the stray tear and laughed.

“What the hell are you doing here Izzy?” She told me how Renee wanted to travel and she came to live with Charlie, which I found sweet.

“I heard about what happened to Aunt Jen, I’m sorry Pia,” I kissed her temple and hugged her.

“Well I see you two found each other, where did you go Sophia?” I grinned sheepishly and told him what happened and he shook his head. Bella was giggling her but off but stopped when we heard a truck pull up.

“That’s Billy,” Charlie walked out and we looked at each other before following. We walked outside to find two familiar faces.

“Bella, Soph, you guys remember Billy Black?” That’s who it was, my older, wiser, father. And no doubt standing next to him was Jacob.

“Yea, your looking good,” Bella said shaking his hand and I gave him a hug. I loved his hugs, they were so warm. I pulled away and gave Jake a hug which I could tell surprised him, but hugged me back none the less.

“Well were glad you’re here, Charlie hasn’t shut up about you since you told him you were coming,” I pouted.

“No one told me you were coming,” I mumbled. I felt a tinge in my wrist and gently massaged it.

“Alright, keep exaggerating or I’ll roll you in the mud,” Bella, Jacob, and I all smiled at their weirdness.

“After I ram you in the ankle,” Billy turned and started going at Charlie.

Jacob, Bella, and I all caught up as Billy and Charlie fought in the middle of the road.

“So what do you think?” Charlie asked coming back over and leaning against the ugly orange truck. I guess this was Bella’s present.

“About what?” Bella asked.

“Your homecoming present?” I asked as if it was the most obvious thing In the world.

After Bella’s mini flip out and Jake explaining everything. I offered to take them home.

“So Sophia, do like being home?” I looked at Billy from the corner of my eye and shrugged.

“It’s nice, I’m back with friends and family,”

________________________________

As I drove home, I remembered I still had to go see the Cullens. I heard my phone beep and I pulled out my blue tooth. I saw that I was Alice calling. ( Sophia/ Alice)

“So I see you forgot about coming over,”

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, I’m so sorry, it’s been a crazy night,” I heard other people in the background. “Alice am I on speaker?”

“Yes, but we all want to know how you know,” I pursed my lips.

“I told you guys, I grew up with all the legends. I know that the cold ones hunt for blood, and that Quileutes descend from wolves,”

“Well we are just curious, I mean Edward can’t read your mind, and for Alice, she says your future is hazy,” My eyes widened.

“Since when in the hell do vampires have powers?” I asked slightly shocked. They had powers?

“Ha, now we shock you!” Emmett yelled. I laughed at his childness.

“Yes Emmett, you did, how do you guys have powers?” I heard the phone shift and I smirked at the voice that replied.

“From my studies, when you are being transformed, you bring something from your human life with you,” I nodded. Sounds legit.

“And this is based off of your studies, Dr. Cullen?”

“Yes Ms. Swan.”

“It’s Sophia, Mr. Cullen and may I talk to Alice please?” I heard Alice giggle as she took the phone.

“Yes?” The little pixie voice asked.

“What are your powers?” I asked as I pulled up to Charlie’s house.

“I have the power to see the future, Edward can read minds, and Jasper can read and manipulate emotions, and what does your cousin look like?”

“My height, same dark hair, she has dark eyes, and is snow white, anything else Pixie?” I asked.

“No, goodnight Sophia,” I smiled.

“Goodnight Alice,” I walked into the nice toasty house and grabbed a slice of pizza that was on the table. I then walked into the living room and threw my legs over Bella’s lap.

“I’m not a foot rest, Pia,” I bit into my pizza and stared at the TV.

“Right now you are,” She rolled her eye and slouched against the couch. Getting bored I decided to go to bed. After mumbling a good night I got changed and crawled under my covers.

The only thing on my mind was Carlisle Cullen.

|?|

He stared at her as she fell asleep. Sweet Sophia. The girl who could make you smile when your sad, could make you laugh with one word and who could give everything in the world and never ask for anything else in return.

He felt his phone vibrate and smirked when he saw the number. He put it to his ear.

“Come sta?” The voice asked.

“Sta dormendo.” He replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey ya'll... rate, comment??? make me happy? XDD