Status: Slowly Active

Hidden Identity

New School. New Life

So here I am. A new school. A new look. New everything. Even a new baby...

I'm Abigail Monroe, but you can call me Abby. I'm a Sophomore at Bayview High School in Sacramento, California. I recently moved here with my mom so that all my old “friends” wouldn't find out about my current...situation, I guess you can call it. Yeah, I'm 15 years old and I'm 3 months pregnant. Sucks for me, but I'm not giving it up. This baby is my responsibility and I'll just have to deal with it. Let's get back to reality now because I don't really like talking about myself. I'm currently at the entrance to the office so I can get my schedule for the year. Wearing a Black Veil Brides shirt, black skinny jeans, and all black Converse, I think I've done pretty good at the whole “new me” idea.

Walking into the office, I see only one other student in there. A guy, actually. A cute guy at that. Black hair, snakebites, eyeliner, skinny jeans, and guess what kind of shirt? Yeah, that's right. A Black Veil Brides shirt. But his has Andy Sixx's face on it while mine says “Bridesmaid” on the front with all of their tour dates on the back.
Up behind the desk is a lady that reminds me of my grandmother. Friendly and inviting...or that's how she looks.

“Hello, I'm Abigail Monroe. I just transferred here. May I please have my class schedule?” I ask in my most polite way, forgetting that I may have sounded a little too preppy for what I look like.

“Most certainly dear. Just hold on a moment while I find your name.” The lady said as she typed in my last name. A minute later, I was handed my schedule. I was about to leave when the lady came out from behind the desk.

“Aiden, will you please take Abigail to her first class? I don't want her to get lost.”
The boy looked up from what he was reading and nodded at the lady. He stood up, and I noticed that he was taller than me. Even though that it's not hard to be taller than me, it made me feel that much shorter next to him.

He didn't say anything as he motioned me to follow him. Going out of the office and into the hallway, which I assumed would be the main hallway, I handed him my schedule. He nodded after reading it and took out a notebook and a pen. He quickly wrote something, and then handed me the notebook.

[Do you want to go to your locker first or go straight to 1st period?]
I looked up at him in curiosity, but never asked him why he didn't just talk and ask me.
“Oh, well I don't really have anything with me except a notebook and a pen. So we can go to my 1st period if that's alright with you.” I said and handed him back the notebook in case he wanted to tell me something. Apparently he did since he scribbled on the paper and handed the notebook back.
[Alright. That's fine with me because we have the same 1st period...and every other class...weird..]
I laughed at the last part of his note and nodded my head.
“Yeah, that is pretty weird.”

After that, we didn't say anything until we got to the classroom. Typical looking class. Looks like my classrooms back home at Sparks High. Except this school looks rich compared to my old school.
Aiden immediately went to the last row of desks and sat at the one in the far corner. I sat in the one next to him.
“So...how much time do we have until class starts?” I asked, hoping we can still talk.
I got handed the notebook.
[About 10 minutes. I like to get here before everyone gets here so they don't stare at me.]
“Why do people stare at you?”
He silently laughed and then wrote back to me.
[If you haven't noticed, I don't talk. And everyone knows that. So there's a reason to stare apparently.]
“Oh...I didn't think about that. I didn't really want to question why you weren't talking. I assumed you had a sore throat or something...” I said and gave him back his notebook.
I got it back a minute later with a reply.
[Nope. I don't talk. Ever. I never really liked talking in the first place, so I just got used to not talking and now I never talk.]
“Well that's okay. Makes you unique not to talk.” I said and smiled at him.
He smiled back, and it made him look like a little kid.
[Thank you. So can I ask why you moved here? Not a lot of people move here in the middle of the year.]
Now it was my turn to go silent as I thought of what to tell him. Of course I couldn't tell him why I actually did move...so I needed another excuse.
“I moved because of the people at my old school. They were harsh and made fun of me all the time. My mom hated the way they were and moved us out here.”
He nodded his head, understanding how it felt, and then put a hand on my shoulder. Smiling at me, he handed the notebook over.
[Don't worry. Not a lot of people get made fun of here. Most of the people here are either too into themselves to realize other people, or they're chill with everyone. And you have me to help you through whatever they say to you.]
I smiled at that, and thanked him. A minute later, the bell rang, and the teacher and the other students came through the door.

“Hello class. I'm going to take roll, so please work on your writing prompts. Respect the learning environment by not talking for the first 5 minutes of class.” She said, and it felt weird not even knowing who she was. I took out my notebook and looked at the front of the class to see what the writing prompt was. We had to do them in my old English class, so I knew what she was talking about. Reading the board, I thought about the prompt before writing about it. After I was done, I looked around at all the people in my class. I figured out that there weren't many people who looked like what Aiden and I looked like. That was a plus I guess, seeing as usually people that dressed like this were ignored. Most of the people in this class looked like what I used to look like. A prep. Pink everywhere for the girls, and the guys had polo shirts and khakis. I don't think I've ever seen this much pink and prep before. It's weird.
Looking over to Aiden, I get a smile from him and then a piece of paper.
Opening it, I see he's back to talking to me.
[So you noticed that most of the school is preppy, huh? (:]
Smiling at that, I grabbed my pen and replied.
[Yeah, I did notice that. Isn't it a little weird being the only one wearing all black?]
[At least now there's two of us wearing all black.]
[True. But it is a little weird that we're both wearing Black Veil Brides shirts. At least it's not the same shirt. That'd just be awkward. :P]
That got an actual laugh from Aiden, and everyone looked back at us like God himself just talked. Then a hand was raised. The teacher saw it and nodded for the girl to speak.
“Uhmm...Ms. Konrathy, I think we have a new student. She's sitting next to Aiden...” she said and looked back at me.
“Oh you're right Lauren.” she said and looked at me.
“Do you mind introducing yourself?” she asked me, and I was stuck saying yes.
I stood up to face everyone.
“Hi, I'm Abby. I moved here from Nevada.” I said and sat back down.
Everyone said hi to me and then went back to what they were doing before that Lauren chick noticed me.
I turned towards Aiden, who was smirking at me.
“Nice Aiden. Make everyone notice me by laughing and making a sound. Real nice.” I whispered to him and couldn't help but smile.
[That's what I'm here for darling. People should be noticing you. You're fun to talk to.]
Laughing, I rolled my eyes at him and turned away to hide the blush creeping up on my face from what he said.
After I knew I wasn't blushing anymore, I turned back to him and caught him with the same book he had in the office.
“What are you reading?” I asked him quietly.
He gave me the book to examine. The first thing I looked at was the title of the book. “Eclipse” by Stephenie Meyer. Apparently it was a #1 New York Times Bestseller. I opened the book and read the first few pages. By the time I was done with the first...seven pages or so, I was completely confused. I'm guessing that Aiden saw that and took the notebook to tell me something. He handed it over again and I read what he said.
[I can tell that you're confused. You should be. That's the third book in the series, so you'd have to read both Twilight and New Moon to know what they're talking about. You've never read this series before?]
I shook my head at him and laughed.
“I've never been much of a reader before. I'm more of a painter than a reader, but this sounds pretty good if I could understand it.”
[Well I'll let you borrow Twilight and New Moon if you want? You just have to promise not to damage them at all. I love these books more than anything. Oh! And you can borrow the movies to both Twilight and New Moon too. Since Eclipse is coming out on June 30th to theaters.]
I laughed even more at how enthusiastic he was about these books, and I nodded in response.
“Sure Aiden, I'll borrow Twilight and New Moon and watch the movies before Eclipse comes out, and when it does I'll go with you to see it. Okay?” I said, and saw his face light up.
He clapped his hands silently and smiled brightly at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. Hope you guys like it. I know people haven't really been reading my other story Starless Whisper. So maybe this will catch you attention a little more than that story. I'll post all my pre-written chapters so that you guys can get a feel for the story, and we'll see if I'll continue it. (: Ah, and just so you know, the part in [ ] is Aiden's writing to Abby.