Status: In Progress-sparatic updates

The Lace Masquerade

October 9, 2010-10:45PM

October 9, 2010
10:45 PM
Location-New house in Toronto
Feeling: Anxious .
Upside: Near major city-can still act if I want to
Downside: Being locked in a house with my momager for three months


Everyones got a past.

I know I do.

Well, that's an understatement. I've got pasts. Plural.

And stepping off a plane from LAX at two o'clock in the afternoon, in a rinky dink little city in Canada, isn't really the direction I would have thought my life would be going in. But that's what happened two days ago. And then yesterday…god I get the feeling that's just going to add drama to my new life.

My new life as a normal, average, teenage girl.

Pshhh. Like that's gonna happen.

But I shouldn't feel anxious.

But I do. I've got two days until I start at my first public school since...well, ever, and I feel like I'm about to barf.

Seriously. I wasn't even this nervous at last year's VMA's, when I was on stage with the freaking Jonas Brothers.

You would think something so stupid as a new school wouldn't freak me out. But it is. Freaking me out, I mean.

Okay, now I'm rambling . I tend to do that when I'm nervous.

Like I did yesterday! When I went to enroll at Degrassi? I was walking in the hallway with my momager (mom/manager...she has no idea I call her that behind her back), when I literally ran into someone. Like, shoulder meet shoulder, paperwork meet ground type of thing.

"Oh, god," I'd said, trying to keep my blush down. Cause, you know, I totally blush all the time. NOT. I never blush. EVER. The last time I'd blushed was, like, four years ago, when Sandra Bullock complimented my dress at the Golden Globe's when I went with my dad. But I blushed because not only had I dropped my paperwork, but when I bent down to pick it all up, I met a pair of ice blue, piercing eyes. Eyes that belonged to, I'd noticed once I finally stopped staring, an incredibly hot, incredibly charming boy.

Let me tell you something. I'm fifteen years old, but I've been in the same room with every Hollywood hunk from Efron to DiCaprio, but this guy...god. This guy was...amazing. He had that perfect side part, with shaggy hair. And he was wearing a skinny tie! A skinny tie! That right there was twenty extra points in my book.

"I'm so sorry," he'd said, trying to gather my transcripts and papers. I just kept on blushing, and grabbed what I could.

"No, it was totally my fault. I'm a klutz. It's been known to happen."

"Klutziness is cute." Oh yeah, that totally helped me not blush. I finally looked up again, and the guy was grinning, holding my paper out to me. I stood out of my crouch, and took them.

"It isn't when you fall off stage on an international awards show." He raised his eyebrows at me, a confused grin still plastered on his face.

"Awards show?" I shook my head.

"Long story."

"I like long stories." His hand went towards me again. "Declan Coyne. And you are?" I smiled as best I could, tucked what I hoped was a frizz free dark curl behind my ear, and shook his hand back.

"Hollie Peterson." Recognition flashed over his face, and then he grinned again. I was worried he was going to flip out, like everyone always did when they recognized me. But luckily, what he said was relatively calm.

"Hollie," he restated. Then, without letting go of my hand, he steps back and gives me a once over. "See, you look like a Hollie. The name better suits you than my ex." I laughed.

"I'll be sure to let my parents know that their choice in names is appreciated finally. I've always thought it sounded a bit porn-star-ish." Now it was his turn to laugh.

"So our new student is not only a celebrity, but an adult film star in the making?" I grinned back.

"Oh yeah. I'll be selling millions by next year." I dripped sarcasm, but he seemed to be okay with it, and quipped back.

"You can sign me up for the first copy." And que, the blush. Again. "And you can sign me up to be your tour guide. You start Monday, right?" He nodded down at the paperwork in my hand.

"Yep. That is, if my mom doesn't send me packing back to LA by then. She's already ready to leave." And as if on cue, I heard the click-clack of my mother's heels on the floor.

"Hollie, come on, dear. We've gotta finish unpacking." I rolled my eyes.

"That's my cue."

"I'll see you around, then?" Declan asked, his eyes seeming to search my face. I smiled as widely as possible.

"You can count on it. Maybe I'll take you up on that offer of a tour." I smiled, winked, and used my signature hair flip, which never, ever fails to dazzle, and finger wave at him before walking out, head held high, sunglasses perched on my nose.

So, apparently I have a tour guide for Monday? Things already look like they're gonna be interesting, and I haven't even started at the school yet.

Two more days, and I'll be a normal, high school student. Well, as normal as an Emmy winning, record producing, fashion designing novelist can be.

Two more days, and I'll be back in the halls of Degrassi, with other Sophmores, just like me.

Two more days, and I'll get to see Declan.

Oh god, I think I'm gonna hurl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! This is my relatively new Degrassi story, the Lace Masquerade. It was originally a mini blog series on DB before it got shut down, and after we moved to DOD, I was encouraged by readers to continue with it as a FF...hence the main character having the same name as me. :P

Hope y'all enjoy it, and be on the lookout for chapter one later this week.

<3