Status: Completed

Bird Trapped in a Cage

What Would Others Think?

I tap my pale sky blue painted finger nails on my knee. I cannot take my eyes of her, no matter how much I try, I am too captivated by her. I nibble down on my lip as her laugh fills my ears, oh how her laugh makes me go weak at the knees. So badly I want to go over there and kiss, not caring who sees. Yet, that is the one thing that stops me.

What would others think?

Yeah sure some, mostly guys find girl on girl action hot but I was brought up in a family that loathes same sex relationships. I have been brought up under the intention I will marry a man and start a family. Sadly, being with another girl was not an opinion.

My eyes wonder down to her lips, her silky, soft, plump lips. They are calling my name, begging me to show them the passion and lust pumping through my veins.

“Sally, are you even listening to me?” a deep voice questions annoyed, interrupting my pleasurable thoughts.

Hesitantly looking away from her, I look at Nicholas, who is sitting next to me on the tan leather couch. My light blue eyes look over his face, the annoyance clear as day.

“Sorry I was away with the fairies for a moment,” I say softly, apologising for thinking about my forbidden desire across the room.

Rolling his dark chocolate brown eyes, he snarls, “Yeah I figured that.”

Straightening out my light grey dress with both my hands, I ask him although, not really caring for his answer, “What were you saying?”

He grabs both my hands in his, I cringe mentally at his touch. He does not notice and exclaims arrogantly, “I know you didn’t mean to break up with me babe. We are meant to be, you know this, I know this and our parents know this.”

I take a deep breath in and out, in attempt to calm myself down. My parents brought me up to be polite no matter the situation. and Right now I just want to scream at him, however, I calmly explain, “Look Nic-”

He does not let me finish, like usual. Scuffing loudly, he snaps aggravated, “Look Sally, stop playing these stupid little games and realise we are meant to be. Just stop letting that pretty little head of yours think otherwise.”

I cannot actually begin to describe how much I despise him. He is an arrogant, cocky bastard who only puts himself first. Over the two years we had been together, he had cheated on me many times. I stayed with him because I felt I had to. My parents think the sun shines out of Nicholas’ ass, he can do no wrong in their books and everyone else’s for that matter.

During the nightmare of our so called relationship, he managed to isolate me away from everyone. He made me completely dependent on him for everything. I was like a bird trapped in a cage with my wings trimmed. I could not dream of leaving him until, that is until she saved me.

Her name is Rebe Curtis. She is the most amazing, out spoken, confident, out going woman I know. I met her at work, it was a normal day at work at Starbucks. Nicholas allowed me to get a part time job after countless hours of pleading with him. The sun was shinning brightly without so much of a trace of clouds in the sky. I was taking an order to table ten, a large chocolate mocha frappuccino with trim milk. I was concentrating on not spilling the drink so much, I didn’t notice her till I placed the drink on the table. My light blue eyes to connected with sea green orbs, that was that.

She became a regular, everyday I was blessed with her present. I knew it was wrong to be so captivated by someone, especially a woman but I could not stop myself. I was like a moth to a beautiful, bright flame.

As days went by we got closer, we started hanging outside off work. I would spend every waking minute thinking and day dreaming about seeing her again. Then when we did get together, I would enjoy moment. I would even pray and wish it would never come to an end.

Then the day came where Rebe came straight out and told me how she felt about me, how she had a strong connection and attraction to me. I was over the moon knowing she felt the same as me but I was terrified. I am made to believe these feelings are wrong.

She agreed to keep it on the down low, our secret, forbidden relationship. The way she would kiss me and touch me, made me weak at the knees. The things she did to me still send shivers of pleasure down my spine.

“For fuck sake Sally,” Nicholas hisses through his teeth, instantly grabbing my attention.

“I need a drink,” I say ignoring his rude tone, no longer being able to stand being near him.

Standing up I make me way towards the kitchen. On the way I walk past her, our eyes connect as I leisurely walk by. I continue on my way, not wanting to tear my eyes away. As I step into the kitchen I sigh in relief seeing it’s empty. I’m not in the mood to party right now, the only reason I came is because it’s a close friend’s birthday.

I almost jump out of my skin as a pair of arms snake around my waist, I instantly know who it is as they place butterfly kisses under my earlobe, my soft spot A moan of pleasure escapes my lips, feeling her lips on my skin.

I allow myself to forget the outside world and just focus on being in her arms for a few moments. This is something I have been constantly thinking about for weeks. Until reality hits me like a bullet. What if someone walks in and sees us?

I quickly get out of her arms. Tilting my eye to the side, I avoid eye contact as I whisper, “We can’t. What if someone walks in?”

Shaking her head causing her short red hair to fly around her face, she replies with a scuff, “Why do you care so much what others think?”

Ashamed I admit, “You know why.”

Rolling her eyes, she exclaims annoyed, “That is stupid. We love each other but can’t be together because you are too chicken shit.”

“You just don’t understand!” I hiss back.

Throwing her hands up in the air, she snarls, “No I don’t understand. I don’t understand how you let others decide what is right and wrong for you. How you can fucking just stand there and act like a mindless zombie? I love you and I know you fucking love me too but you don’t wanna do anything about it because you are scared of what people will think, what your parents will think.”

Shaking her head, she declares, “I will not be your dirty little secret. When you grow some fucking balls come and find me!”

I watch speechlessly as she storms away from me, knowing everything she said is true. She ended our ‘relationship’ because I would not be with her out in the open. She gave me the courage to leave Nicholas.

Taking a deep breath, I blink away the tears which are threatening to fall. I look straight ahead out the window above the kitchen sink, allowing me to see out into the backyard. On the wooden deck I can see Nicholas chatting to a young girl. I roll her eyes as he leans forward and pushes some of her long, wavy hair behind her ear causing her to giggle.

Hitting my hands lightly on the bench, I drum her fingers on the bench. Biting down on my lip I let Rebe’s words sink in. love her with ounce of my being, so why am I so afraid?

Chewing on the inside of my cheek I begin thinking. What do I have to lose? I had nothing before she came along. I was miserable, suck and forced into a relationship that was killing me slowly, I was alone and isolated. Rebe changed all that.

I walk out of the kitchen with my head held high. For once it’s my turn to put me first. All my life I have done anything and everything to make everyone else happy, even if it meant making me miserable.

I am now longer going to be a helpless bird tapped within a cage, I want to be free. I want to spread my wings and only one person allows me to do that. I walk straight towards her, my eyes never leaving her.

Standing in front her, I merely smirk at her. She raises an eyebrow at my actions, probably wondering what is going on with me. Tilting her head to the side she asks me inquisitively, “Sally what are you doing?”

Without so much as a word, I shock her by climbing onto her lap so I am straddling her. I don’t care if people are watching us, if they are disgusted. She opens her mouth to say something, but I have another idea for her lips.

I lean down and hungrily attach her lips to mine, both my hands cupping her cheeks. My lips push and pull against hers hungrily, she immediately responses to my kiss within mere seconds. Her tongue runs along my bottom lip asking for entrance, I am more than happy to allow it.

Moans escape both our lips as our tongues fight for dominance. I pull away needing air, leaving us both panting, our chests rising and falling at a rapid speed. A large grin spreads across her beautiful face, sending the butterflies to go crazy in my stomach.

“I love you and I want the world to know. I would scream it at the top of my lungs, just how crazy I am about you,” I state proudly, a large smile dancing on my lips.

Smirking, she teases playfully, “Finally. You have no idea how long I have been waiting to hear that.”

Laughing I attack her lips again, desperately wanting to feel them. I am now free from my cage. Nothing and no one can fold me back anymore because I Sally, am in love with Rebe and I could not be more fucking proud.

Image