‹ Prequel: Bedtime
Status: .

Awake

Search.

My face is seared with the cold that lashes out mercilessly.
The light of day has descended quickly and we are left in the dark.
I cling to Ashers' torso and he holds an arm around me.
We try to push ourselves further, but we are lost and the half moon above is all that we have to see by.

My legs ache, my feet are numb and the pain in my side has been becoming more unbearable with each trudge.
We are adrift in a sea of black shadows and glittering snow, hopelessly lost in a maze of trees.

"Asher"
I begin softly, holding back the sudden urge to cry that comes over me.
"Asher we're going to die"

"No we are not, there is a town not far off and we will get there and call for help. I promise"
Although his voice is strong in some regard, an undertone of doubt plagues his words.

I close my eyes, letting a few tears slip away as the entire day hits me in one big emotion.
Asher yelling at me for trying to go outside.
Blake, his warm mouth, me rejecting him.
Finding the blood, seeing Asher collapse at the reality of Penny's fate.
Almost getting killed by Mrs. Cherri.
Getting lost in the woods without food, water or a source of heat in a 3˚ degree climate.....


"If we die no one will know"

"Farrah- "That witch will keep killing kids and get away with it"

"Farrah- "They won't wake up until it's too late- "Farrah!"

My head jerks up at his loud volume.
"What?"

"Look"
He points up ahead and I strain my eyes, trying to see what he sees.
In the shadows appears a shape, the longer I stare, the more it becomes to form.
Two vertical lines about 15 feet apart and two angled lines connecting on at the top.

"A house!"
I cry out running forward, with what little strength I still have, ignoring the pain.

I run my numb fingers along the wooden shell of the building, trying find a door or window, any kind of entrance.

My searching hands suddenly slip off the wall and into a what I can only guess it a doorway.
"I found a door Asher!"

I find a icy handle and twist it while pushing my palm against the door, trying to open it.
It sticks and refuses to budge, I shake the doork violently.
Open, please open..

With one more aggressive shove, it flies open, making me fall inside.
Asher catches me before I hit the floor and stands me upright.

We peer into the darkness for a moment before he starts forward, feeling his way around.
A sudden burst of light makes me immediately shut my eyes.

"Farrah there's a stove!"
I blink hard and finally see a tiny little stove in the corner, a few half rotten pieces of wood next to it.

He runs up to me and takes me by the shoulders, looking me in the eyes.
"We're going to make it Farrah, we're going to to make just like I promised"

Suddenly his mouth comes down mines, one of his hand resting on the back of my head, pressing my face close.

I don't know what to do, I've only been kissed by two people, Blake and...him.

I rip away quickly, bringing my fingers up to touch my lips.

A single thought flashes like an alarm across my mind, one word, one name.

Blake, Blake, Blake, Blake...

Again and again, hitting my with a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Guilty and confused, I stare at Asher.
He looks shocked at my reaction.

"I'm sorry"
He says, looking down.
"I was just excited, I won't do it again"

"Good"
I say without evening thinking, I'm surprised by the strange undertone of indifference.
But a part of me knows exactly why.

Things may have changed with Blake, but he's still the only one, he's still the only one with ability and right to do that.
No one can replace his touch and no one will.
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone asked if Farrah is 'slow', well I going to say to set the record straight, no, she isn't slow.
When I began building her character, I wanted it to be very innocent and unaware of the world really, even for being thirteen, she still is very naive to everything, but not stupid. She hasn't experienced a lot, she's had the ability to just stay more like a child longer.
Let me put it this way, if you were thirteen 60 years ago, that's how you'd act, she's not slow, just innocent.

Hope I cleared that up :]

Thanks to unhealthy obsession, Bubbleloveworld, Yay It's Alex, DaniHollywood, KawaiiCookiiee, rivals are insane, kissmyoops, SmexyPeanutButter, redda, Megsgotnolegs, mickey4684 and Manger Votre Coeur; :)