‹ Prequel: Bedtime
Status: .

Awake

Awkward.

The sound of screeching tires halts and I open my eyes.
The familiar blue car, with a familiar dark haired driver, stopped less the two feet from me.

The drivers door opens quickly and Blake dashes over to me.

"Farrah are you okay? Why did you do jump in front of the car like that? You could of gotten killed, what were you thinking?"
He says in a rush, worry in his eyes, gripping my shoulders.

"I-I guess I wasn't thinking"
I stutter staring up at him.
Without telling my body to do so, I grab his face and pull him into a kiss.
I move my lips against his in a way I've never done before, I need to feel him to believe it, just like before.
Drawing away, I rest my forehead on his shoulder.

He wraps his arms around me tightly, making me scream out and him jump back.

"She cracked her rib!"
Asher says angrily, stomping up to us.

"Farrah what the hell were you thinking? You could have gotten killed?"
He almost shouts.

"Don't yell at her"
Blake commands, before bending down and picking me up bridle style.
"We're going to the hospital"

*X*

The journey in the car, Blake driving, me laying back in the reclined front seat and Asher in the back, is completely silent.
The air between the two males is colder then the ice outside.

I finally cannot take the painful silence, I have too many questions.

"What were you doing on that road?"
It is the first thing that rolls off my tongue.

"I was coming back for you again, I couldn't let you stay there and I was going to take you back if you wanted to leave or not"
Blake mumbles, glancing quickly over at me.

"You were going to kidnap me?"
A spark of something, almost like delight, starts to flicker like a lit match for a moment, but an inner voice blows it out.
The inner voice told me that wasn't normal and I shouldn't be happy to hear of this.
I ignored the voice.

"Do mother and father know about what you were doing?"
He's face contorts into something of a scowl.

"I tried for weeks to convince them to get you back, they never listened. When they left for a business trip a couple days ago, I knew what I had to do"

"Wait, I don't understand something"
Cuts in Asher.
"You talk as if you both have the same parents?"

"We do"
I say after a long pause, looking at his reaction in the rearview mirror.
His face projects shock then confusion as he catches my gaze in the mirror.

"I-I see.."
He looks away, out his window, no emotion his face.

Another awkward hush falls over us, and again I am the one to break it.
"How far are we from a city?"

"About 5 minutes"
He looks over at me.
"How did you crack your rib by the way"

"I'll tell you later"
I answer softly.

*X*

"There's nothing you can do?"
Asher asks, looking in irritation at the doctor.
She sighs and moves her weight from her left leg to her right.
We arrived at the hospital two hours ago, we finally got an exam and X-rays 30 minutes ago.

"Like I've told you before, there's nothing we can do for cracked ribs. Motrin IB and rest, sleep slightly upright to minimize pressure on the rib"
She says, looking down at her clipboard.

"But-"
She cuts Asher off by walking out of the room.
"What a bitch"
He mumbles.

"We better get going, I'll pick up some Motrin from a drugstore and we can start home"
Blake states, kissing the top of my head.

"What about Asher?"
I question, looking over at the irked boy.

"Homeless shelter?"

"Blake!"
I exclaim.
"That's not nice, we have to get him to his family"

He rolls his eyes.
"Fine, I'll work it out on the way home, but for now lets get you some meds"
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you actually think I would be so cliché to have her get hit by a car? Ha, nope, too overused.
Pretty long chapter, but now she's out of there, be ready for romance.
This would have been out earlier, but I was doing research on what the would do for a broken rib, what painkillers etc.

What do you want to happen when Blake and Farrah get home?

Thanks to kissmyoops, xExtraordinary, Bubbleloveworld, Purplegiraffe99, unhealthy obsession, KawaiiCookiiee, This-Time-Imperfect, rivals are insane, SmexyPeanutButter, redda and little white lies.:)