Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

15.

Elise sat in the Great Hall with the Gryffindors. The choosing of the champions was about to occur. Harry was next to her, with Ron and Hermione. On the other side of Elise were George, then Fred, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, and Lee.

“I swear to God, if it’s Diggory, I’ll cry.” George muttered.

Elise kissed his cheek. “Be nice to him, he is actually very nice.”

George rolled his eyes. “Just because you two are friends, doesn’t mean I have to play nice.”

Elise sighed. She paid attention to the front of the room, where the judges were.

“The first champion-Viktor Krum, representing Durmstrang!” Dumbledore cried.

The whole hall erupted in cheers. Ron snorted. “Eh, we know who’s going to win now.”

Ginny, who was behind him, tapped his shoulder. “Just because you’re in love with him doesn’t mean he’ll win, Ron.”

The Gryffindors laughed as Ron slumped.

“The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!”

Elise’s heart skipped a beat. Remembering to be happy for Fleur, she stood up.

“Félicitations, mon ami!” she cried. Fleur waved to her.

Although, she did feel a little smug; Veronique was crying.

She sat back down. “The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!”

Elise clapped as the Gryffindors moaned. Cedric bounded up there and shook Dumbledore’s hand before disappearing.

As all was clearing up, a tiny paper flew out the goblet of fire. Everyone froze. Was that a fourth name?

“Harry Potter,” Dumbledore muttered. “Harry Potter?”

Harry was frozen next to Elise. Everyone’s jaw dropped.

“No.” Elise murmured, eliciting a death grip on Harry. She had grown so fond of him.

“Harry, go.” Hermione said, loosening Elise’s grip and pushing him. Harry staggered towards Dumbledore as if he was drunk. Ron didn’t look happy at all; he looked pissed. Hermione was just downright terrified like Elise.

“Wicked.” Fred and George murmured.

“He’s underage!” people shouted.

And with that, Harry disappeared into the back room.

*~*~*~*

The Weasleys, the Quidditch team, fourth years, and Elise paced in the common room waiting for Harry to come back up. He came through the portrait as if he was about to cry.

“Good job mate, you did it!” Fred and George congratulated. Elise smacked George’s arm.

“That is bloody well not a good job! Harry, why did you do it?” she shrieked.

“I didn’t!” Harry said.

Ron rolled his eyes. “Come off it! You know you did. Fancy that, Potter being the hero of Hogwarts again.” He muttered, going upstairs.

The excitement died down with Harry’s lack of care in the situation.

“It’s brilliant, that chap did it.” George said.

“It is not. His life is in danger. He doesn’t know enough to compete. I’m surprised they’re even letting him. My father will hear of this. I’ll send him an owl straight away in the morning.” Elise snapped.

George rolled his eyes. “Please, Elise, get off your high horse! I’ve known Harry longer than you have. I seriously don’t know why you care.”

Elise stood up. “Maybe I care about his safety!”

George stood up as well. “I’m as good as his brother; he lives with my family basically!”

Elise. “You’re not the only one who cares! Besides, all you want is the money!”

“Well you wouldn’t know about that, would you Elise?” he yelled in her face. “You don’t think that anyone else has trouble? Well shut it! Because others do!”

Elise’s lip trembled and she ran up the stairs. George sighed and wrapped his arms across his chest.

“Mate, harsh enough on her?” Lee whispered.

George ignored him and went to their room.

*~*~*~*

It was around midnight that Elise snuck down to the common room. She was too embarrassed to be around Alicia, Angelina, or Katie, even though they were sleeping. She thought the sweet smell of the wood burning in the common room would calm her.

She got downstairs to see Harry sitting in front of it, his legs crossed. He was rocking back
and forth. Elise sat next to him.

“The fire comforts you, doesn’t it?” Elise noted.

Harry nodded. “Just being in the common room does, actually. It makes me think of my parents. A long time ago, my dad could’ve been sitting right here at this very moment. My mum could’ve sat in that chair, and my godfather could’ve been over at that table.” He said.

“Are you scared?” Elise asked.

Harry nodded. “Everyone is mad at me. I didn’t do it, Elise. It wasn’t even my handwriting.”

Elise nodded. “I believe you.”

“You will help me? You’re brilliant. You can help me through this.” Harry asked eagerly.

Elise nodded. “I will do my best to help you, Fleur, and Cedric.”

Harry looked into the fire. “I’m sorry I made you and George fight.”

Elise shrugged. “We fight enough as it is. Usually, over stupid little things that shouldn’t even
be looked at.” Harry chuckled and Elise looked at him. “What is it?”

Harry brushed his scar. “Nothing, it’s a joke between me and Ron. Sometimes we think you and Fred make a better couple than you and George.”

Elise laughed. “Fred and I are best friends; that could never happen. Besides, I’m already with George.”

Harry yawned. “I think I’ll head back to bed. Are you?” he asked.

Elise shook her head. “No, go back to sleep. I’ll see you in the morning.”

Harry walked up the stairs, but stopped. “Elise?”

She looked at him. “Yes?”

Harry smiled. “About what George said, saying how you shouldn’t care as much because you haven’t known me as long, don’t listen to him. I already think of you as an older sister. That, plus I appreciate that you care. No one else does.”

*~*~*~*

The next morning, Elise was groggy. It was a Saturday, so no lessons. It was also a Hogsmeade trip, but she would not be going with George. They were still fighting. She had been up late and was hardly touching her breakfast.

“Hey, eat something. You’ll need your strength.” Fred said softly, spooning eggs onto her gold plate. Elise sighed and dug in as George eyed Fred curiously. Angelina didn’t seem to notice.

“You stayed up late. Why?” George asked.

Elise shrugged. “I was with Harry in the common room. I agreed to help him with the tasks. He appreciates that I care.” She said.

George took her hand. “I never said that you didn’t care.”

Elise pulled her hand away. “But you said you were more important.”

George opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but he dropped down, defeated. Elise ate her eggs while George stared at her.

“I never said that I was more important to him than you are.” George argued.

Elise gave him a look. “George, yes you did! You said that by knowing him longer than me, you were more important.” She said angrily.

George shook his head. “My God, you don’t understand at all!” He took her hand again and she pulled away. Her plate slid off the table and egg yolk got all over her shirt.

Elise got up from the table and stormed away.

Fred dropped his fork. “Great, look what you’ve done. You’ve upset her again.” He said angrily.

“What’s it to you? She’s not your girlfriend.” George scoffed.

Fred gave him a look. “She’s my friend, am I not allowed to care?” he asked.

Angelina took both of their arms. “Look at you! Ever since this year started, you two haven’t been the same. You haven’t even pulled any tricks together.” She said. “It’s not right.”

Fred and George looked at each other. It was true, and that was sad.

“What do you say, George?” Fred asked, a look in his eye.

George rubbed his hands together, excited. This is what school was all about.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in a really long time, and I'm sorry. I've been so busy. We've been working so hard at school and my grades are not where they need to be. So I'm taking time to focus on school, dance, and sports. We made it to States, the biggest competition of the year, and I'm literally about to pass out from all this hard work. yeesh.