Status: Complete.

We're Writing Our Own Rules

1/5.

Tonight is Nate’s birthday. I don’t particularly want to go, but I know that tonight will be important to both him and Ash, so I should go. After having spoken to Nate about the problems between him and Ashley, I know I helped. I think Nate actually accepts mine and Ash’s friendship now, so that’s a good thing. Ever since they got back together again I’ve been slowly dying inside. I always knew I would never have a real chance with Ash, but there was that small flicking flame of hope inside me. Tonight it’ll get extinguished for good. I can’t do anything about it so I’ve just got to suck it up. Ash deserves to be happy like he is with Nate.

I got a lift to the club with Dylan and Geoff, and the three of us walked inside quickly after showing our VIP passes. We naturally headed straight for the bar. After a shot of tequila each, we ordered three beers.

“You know tonight is what Ash wants,” Dylan murmured in my ear.

I must’ve been frowning.

“Yeah I know. They love each other so much,” I nodded, smiling weakly.

“I don’t know how you can do it,” Dylan sighed.

“Do what?” I asked, confused.

“Stand by and watch the guy you love being loved by someone else,” Dylan said bluntly.

I swallowed heavily and looked down at the beer in my hands.

“I do it because I know that Ash would never be happy with me the way that he is with Nate. He values my friendship so I could never abandon him. It tears me apart, but I don’t have a choice,” I said quietly.

“Fuck, you’re so emo,” Dylan chuckled.

“I take offence at that,” I mused.

“You’ll find someone else, you know. You’re far too kind-hearted not too. Any guy or girl would be lucky to have someone like you,” Dylan smiled.

“You forgot to say how good-looking I was,” I said weakly.

“I mean it, you’ll find someone,” Dylan said seriously.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

“I’ll believe that when it happens,” I replied simply.

Dylan frowned, but took that as his cue to change the conversation topic. Not long after this, we went up to the VIP section, where everyone but Nate and Ash were. Well I don’t know if there’s anyone else missing, I wouldn’t know them, would I? When Nate and Ash finally turned up, with their friend Oscar and Geoff’s brother Josh, I said my hellos before returning to the bar. I got another shot of tequila and another beer, taking the shot before I returned to the VIP section. Here goes a night of nothing.

*

Just under 3 hours later, I was standing up against the wall of the VIP section when I felt someone’s eyes burning into me. I tried to ignore the feeling, but eventually I looked in that direction. I blushed lightly upon seeing the most beautiful man ever. Longish messy blonde hair, tanned skin, fairly muscled, bright white smile and tall. Amazingly gorgeous. Why is he looking at me?! His lips curled into a smirk when he realized I was looking back at him, and he made his way over to me. What the fuck do I say? Should I even stay here and talk to him?!

“Hey, I’m Jeremy,” the man introduced himself.

An American. Good start. Then again, pretty much everyone I’ve ever met here is American.

“Dan,” I replied nervously.

“Ah, you're Scottish. How do you know Nate?” he asked casually, leaning against the wall too.

“I work with his boyfriend Ash,” I replied.

“The photographer?” Jeremy suddenly asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Uh, yeah?” I asked hesitantly.

“I’ve heard a lot of rants about you,” Jeremy mused.

Fuck.

“I work with Nate, at the music store. He’s not your biggest fan,” Jeremy chuckled.

“Yeah, I know,” I sighed.

Well there goes another potentialfuck friend.

“Doesn’t mean I have to think like that though,” Jeremy smirked.

“What makes you think I’m even attracted to men?” I asked calmly.

“One, Nate used to talk about your ‘crush’ on his boyfriend a lot. Two, I can just tell,” Jeremy said with a knowing wink.

Well he had me there.

“I don’t have a crush on Ash. Not anymore,” I replied, shaking my head sadly.

“Good,” Jeremy purred.

I blushed lightly as his eyes ran up my body. Damn, I haven’t been looked at like that in a long time.

“You’re gorgeous,” Jeremy said bluntly.

I blushed a lot harder at that. Someone as beautiful as him thinks I’m gorgeous?

“Not as much as you,” I mumbled.

“Funny, I wouldn’t have placed you as the shy type. Never mind, makes it all more challenging for me,” Jeremy said firmly, his eyes twinkling.

“W-What?” I choked, not expecting him to say that.

“I’m a very blunt person, in case you haven’t realized. I tend to speak my mind, and I’m very honest. I also know what I want. And I want you,” Jeremy said confidently, smirking at me again.

I all but turned to jello at the desire in his eyes.

“I don’t do one night stands,” I blurted.

I don’t do one night stands anymore.

“Then I’ll have to work for it, won’t I?” Jeremy said with a simple shrug.

In such a short time he’s made me speechless. I’ve never met anyone as confident and as forward as him before. Never. Is it wrong that I’m turned on by it?

“Can I have your number?” Jeremy asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah,” I smiled shyly.

He smiled broadly back, handing over his phone as I handed mine to him in return. I typed in my number and saved it, smiling even more when he gave my phone back.

“I’m glad I came to this party now,” I chuckled.

“Me too,” Jeremy said softly.

I froze when he placed his lips gently on mine, but quickly relaxed, replying to the slow kiss. I heard a squeal but ignored it. That can’t be in relation to us. Our kiss stayed innocent, something which surprised me, but something that I was grateful for. When he broke away I found myself smiling as widely as he was. That was the most perfect kiss ever.

“Would everyone please gather round?” Nate called loudly.

Trust him to ruin the moment. Jeremy pecked a final kiss to my lips, smiling as he joined the small crowd. I quickly joined the crowd too, standing where I could see both Jeremy and Ash.

“Okay, I just want to thank everyone for actually turning up…”

I tuned out Nate’s words for now, knowing that what he was about to ask Ash wouldn’t be happening for a minute or so anyway. I caught eyes with Jeremy and he winked at me, my stomach flipping slightly. This could be the start of something good. Something really good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this was basically the last chapter of the sequel but in Dan's POV.
Don'tcha just love Jeremy?
Thanks to Danny Worsnop for giving me the idea for him =]
Next update is a 6 month time jump.

Thank you to everyone that commented already! Please keep your feedback coming!
xo