Status: Active :)

God Bless the Broken Road

Chapter Twenty-Three

Pittsburgh. A city that I have grown to love and loved to visit, but could never think about living in. It was too busy for me and everything was in the city unlike in Raleigh where there were things to do outside of the city. What I loved about Pittsburgh though was that you could spend the day downtown and get so much done.

Today, I was spending the day with Heather and Vero, looking for a wedding dress for me while the guys were at practice. Vero was Marc-Andre Fleury’s girlfriend of fifteen years or something like that and one of the sweetest people I‘ve met. The two of us have met once or twice before and got along, so I jumped at the idea of having her tag along.

“So Mackenzie, what kind of dress are you thinking?” Heather asked as she looped her arm around mine.

I thought about it as we walked into the first bridal store. “I’m not really sure. I know I want it to be strapless, I love strapless dresses. As for the style, I’m open for anything.”

Both Heather and Vero nodded before going off in different directions and I went my own way looking at all the dresses. I was overwhelmed by the different styles available for dresses, but at the same time I was excited to be looking.

“Hello, may I help you?” A middle aged woman asked joining me at the rack of dresses I was looking at.

I smiled at her. “Actually yes, I’m obviously looking for a wedding dress, but I am just so overwhelmed.” I admitted, gesturing to the dresses next to me.

The woman nodded her head. “I understand, why don’t you come with me and we can see what exactly it is you are looking for.” She smiled again and lead me to a small office. “My name is Karen, by the way.” She said holding out her hand.

“Mackenzie” I smiled and shook her hand.

She took a seat and directed me to do the same. “Why don’t we start with you and your fiance. Tell me about him.” She smiled.

“Well we’ve been together for about eight months now, engaged for almost three.” I smiled, playing with my engagement ring. “He is a professional hockey player and a few years older than me. He’s one of my best friends.”

“May I ask what team he plays for? And before you start worrying, everything is confidential.”

I nodded, thankful for that. “He plays for the Carolina Hurricanes.”

She nodded and took a few notes. “When is the wedding?”

“July, by the lake at his summer house.”

“So a summer wedding, wonderful. Do you have an idea of what style you want?”

“Strapless for sure, but as for the rest I’m really open for anything.” I said.

“What about a budget?”

That was something we didn’t talk about. I wanted to pay for my own dress but not only was Eric against it, but the rest of the boys were too. There was talk of the three brothers splitting the cost of my dress as a wedding gift, something I was against. “Um, not really sure about that. For now, let’s just say no more than twenty-five hundred.”

She nodded and stood up. “Well I think I may have a few dresses you may like. I will go get them and you can try them on. How does that sound?”

I smiled. “Wonderful” as she was leaving, I stopped her. “If you happen to see a petite blond and a tall brunette walking around could you send them in here? Their names are Heather and Vero.”

She nodded and left me alone to undress and slip on the robe left in the room. As I sat there, there was a knock on the door and Heather stuck her head in.

“Come on in.” I smiled.

She sat down next to me and Vero took the seat that Karen was sitting in. “So,” Heather said looking around the tiny room. “I was told to find out the price of your dress and report back to Jordan. I’m guessing he, Marc, and Jared are indeed splitting the cost of the dress.” She told me.

“They are buying the dress for you? That’s so sweet of them.” Vero smiled.

I rolled my eyes at my new friend and then looked at Heather. “Let me guess, it was supposed to be a secret?” Heather was horrible at keeping secrets when it involved me, she always told me. I often wondered why Jordan keeps telling her things. I laughed when she nodded. “Fine, I didn’t know you are doing this.”

Just then Karen came back with three dresses and helped me into them. They were all beautiful, but just didn’t give me the feeling that it was my wedding dress. So she went on another hunt for the perfect dress. When she returned, she had three more dresses. Much like the first three, the first two in this batch were beautiful, but just not for me. So I tried on thethird one and when I heard both Vero and Heather gasp, I couldn’t wait to look at myself in the mirror. The second I caught my reflection, tears sprang to my eyes. This was it, this was the dress.

“He’s going to love you in this dress, Kenz.” Heather gushed, standing behind me with her hands on my shoulders.

“You look beautiful, Mackenzie.” Vero added, wiping away tears of her own.

Karen smiled at me. “Mackenzie, is this your dress?”

“Yes!” I cheered and hugged my two friends.

“You’ll be happy to know that this dress is actually under the number you gave me.” She smiled again.

Heather looked at me. “You gave her a budget? Jordan told you there was no limit.”

I shrugged, “I wasn’t sure if the three of them were going to do that so I just picked a reasonable number and look.” I gestured to my dress. “I found what I was looking for.”

Heather nodded and hugged me one last time before stepping back and snapping a picture of me because ‘Jordan will want to see what he’s spending his money on’. Once a picture was taken, Vero and Heather left me to get dressed again. Once I was back in my street clothes and I went for my measurements, the three of us began looking for bridesmaid dresses. This time Vero found a style that I really liked and I shoved it at Heather, demanding she tried it on. As soon as I saw her in it, I knew those were the ones I wanted. So I got the information for the dresses to send to the girls. Since we were at the store, Heather got her measurements and placed the order for her dress.

When we walked out of the store, I pulled my phone out and sent a text to Eric.

dress is ordered =) I can’t wait for you to see it

Since we still had time before Jordan got done with practice, we decided to grab some lunch. While we ate, I filled the two girls in my downward spiral after the All-Star Games. Both gave me the all too familiar sympathetic looks and I glared at them. I was sick of those looks and I couldn’t take them from my friends. I was better though, I’ve only been in Pittsburgh for three days and already I felt like a better person. I was happier.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I saw the Eric had responded.

Please let me see it? He begged and I laughed.

okay fine…. I sent that and then snapped a picture of myself and sent that to him with the message in five months ;)

“Eric wants to see the dress.” I told Heather and Vero when I put my phone back in my pocket.

“He’s going to have to wait. Don’t cave on him Kenzie.” Heather warned me.

I held up my hands in surrender and laughed. “I won’t, don’t worry.”

Heather was about to say something, but she was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I noticed that it was Marc’s ring tone.

“Marc, how are you?” I asked when I answered.

“I’m doing pretty good, Kenz. How about yourself?”

“I’m great.” I smiled and it was the truth. It was the first time in a long time that I could tell anyone that. “Just finished dress shopping and now I’m at lunch with Heather and Vero.”

“Tell Heather I said hi.” I could hear the smile in his voice. “And I heard you were dress shopping. I also happened to see a picture of you in the dress and can I just say, you looked beautiful. That dress is perfect for you. Eric is going to love it.”

“Don’t let him see a picture of it!” I warned him. “He’ll do anything to see what it looks like. I’m trusting you and your brothers, Cellina too, not to show him.”

Marc chuckled on the other end. “Your secret is safe with me. By the way, I love the dress you chose for the girls.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re just excited to see Cellina in it.”

Cellina and Marc had started seeing each other after my dad’s funeral and they were moving pretty fast. Cellina dropped her life in Thunder Bay to move to New York with him. I was happy for both of them and they were both happy so that was a plus.

Marc laughed again. “You got me there, but seriously they are beautiful and will look great in red.”

“Thanks Marc. Listen, I would love to talk to you some more, but we have to go pick Jordy up at practice.”

“That’s fine, tell my bonehead of a brother I said hey. Love ya Kenz.”

“Love you too Marc. Say hi to Cellina for me.”

“You bet.”

“Thanks”

We hung up and then the three of us piled into Jordan’s car that Heather swiped for the day. We continued to talk about the wedding and the season so far. I told Vero to be keeping an eye out for an invitation to the wedding and she was so happy. When we pulled into the parking lot of the Consol Energy Center there were fans standing around waiting for the guys to come out. If I wasn’t dating Eric, this would surprise me, but it doesn‘t.

The three of us got out of the car and some of the fans cheered and started yelling Heather and Vero’s names while some glared at them. As we walked past one group of girls, one stuck her hand out and grabbed my arm stopping me. I looked at her alarmed and then look at Heather and Vero who both had stopped too.

“You’re dating Eric Staal aren’t you?” She asked.

I hesitated a second before answering. “Yes I am.”

She smiled. “I’m so glad I got to meet you. You are so pretty and I just love you and Eric together.”

I blushed and smiled. “Thank you so much, that means a lot. Especially from a Penguins fan.” I chuckled.

“Don’t mention it at all. Can I get a picture with you?”

I shifted on my feet. “Uh, sure.” She leaned over the barricade and I leaned forward as we looked at her friend who snapped the picture.

“Thank you so much” She beamed.

“You’re welcome.”

I jogged over to Heather and Vero who gave me a weird look. “What did she want?”

I shrugged. “Just a picture and she told me that she loves Eric and I together.” I shook my head. “I didn’t even know people knew we were together, let alone all the way up here.”

Heather laughed and shook her head. “You won’t believe what the female fans know about the players. It’s scary actually.” Vero nodded in agreement.

“You get use to it and learn to ignore it.” Vero added, wrapping her arm around my shoulders as we walked into the arena.

“MACKENZIE!” A French accented voice yelled when I turned a corner.

I looked ahead of me and saw Max standing there with a smile on face. I smiled at him and went to hug him. “Hey there Max, how have you been?”

“Good, missed you.”

“Well I’m here now and we can party.” I laughed when he fist pumped and went back into the locker room. I shook my head laughing.

I waited in the hallway with Vero and Heather until we got the all clear to go into the locker room. While we waited, I checked my phone again and saw that Eric had responded to my message from earlier.

That was just mean. I know that no matter what you’ll look beautiful. Love you and have fun

I blushed and responded.

“You two are so in love it’s sickening.” Jordan said from next to me, causing me to jump.

I looked up at him and glared. “How is it someone your size is so quite? It shouldn’t be possible.”

He smiled. “I’m stealthy.”

I just laughed and shook my head, placing my phone back in my pocket. I reached for Jordan and he instantly wrapped his arms around me. I never get tired of being around the Staals and I really never get tired of being with Jordan. He’s my best friend ever.

I looked over Jordan’s shoulder and spotted another guy that I’ve become close with when I last came to Pittsburgh. I quickly untangled myself from Jordan and went over to him, throwing my arms around his waist from behind.

He spun around to say something to whoever it was, but smiled instead when he saw me hanging on him. “Mackenzie, it’s good to see you again.” He said, hugging me.

I beamed up at him. “You too Sid. Has Jordan been driving you crazy?”

He nodded. “Like always.”

“You know I am standing right here.” Jordan said from behind me.

I laughed and continued to talk to Sidney, ignoring Jordan. Even though I knew it was a touchy subject, I asked him about his concussion and how he was feeling. I remembered the hit from the Winter Classic and it had scared me to death. I had called Eric that night and begged him to please be careful when playing. I made all the boys promise me that because I could not be in the position Sid’s family has been in. After a while, Jordan suggested we all meet up somewhere for dinner since they didn’t have a game tonight, so we all went our separate ways.

The drive back to Jordan and Heather’s apartment was filled with laughter and joking around. At one point I was laughing so hard at a story about a prank Marc-Andre Fleury, Brent Johnson, and Matt Cooke played on Mark Letestu and Ben Lovejoy, I was crying I was laughing so hard. The high I got from smiling and laughing didn’t last long though because Jordan informed me that it was on the special that HBO did on the Penguins and Capitals leading to the Winter Classic. I hadn’t watched a single episode of it because of the state I was in. Jordan looked at me in the rear view mirror and gave me a look when I got quiet.

There were still these times that it would hit me that I was so out of it during those ‘dark days’, I never knew how much I actually missed. I felt tears burn my eyes when I thought about how shutoff I was with everyone. Neither Jordan or Heather said anything to me the rest of the car ride and I was both upset and thankful that they didn’t talk to me. When we got to their apartment, I went straight to the guest room where I’ve been staying and sat on the bed. I stared at the wall ahead of me and just let my mind go blank. This was how I cooped with everything, I zoned out.

There was a knock on the door, but I didn’t move to answer it. Slowly it opened and Jordan stuck his head in and looked at me. I looked up at him and he gave me a sympathetic smile.

“Want to talk about it?” He asked quietly, taking a seat next to me.

I shook my head. “There’s nothing to talk about. It’s the past and I’m going to leave it there.” I turned and looked at him. “I am sorry, though.”

“Sorry? Sorry for what?” He asked, confused.

“I’ve missed so much in the past couple of months and I didn’t realize it. I was so shutoff from the world that I didn’t even watch something that was televised across the nation. Something I would have never thought about missing.” Slowly tears began falling.

Softly Jordan wiped them away and grabbed my chin, making me look at him. “No one blames you for your state. So you didn’t watch 24/7, so what? It’s On Demand and Heather has them recorded. We can even watch them tonight. We just want you to be happy again. We’re starting to see the Mackenzie we met that summer night.” He smiled, hugging me.

I smiled at him. “I think I’m even on my way to being the Mackenzie I was before I met you guys.” My smiled faded and I reached for my necklace.

“It’s okay to miss them.” Jordan said quietly. “They are your parents, it’s more than okay to miss them. I know they don’t want to see you upset like this. They want you to be happy.”

I nodded, but I didn’t say anything. I continued to play with my necklace. Jordan was right, my mom and dad wouldn’t want to see my moping around like I have been. I need to move on with my life and know that I’m never going to forget them.

“You’re right, thank you Jordan.”

“That’s what I’m here for, Kenz.” He smiled, hugging me again. “Now, why don’t you show me the dress that Eric keeps texting me about.”

I laughed and pulled Jordan up and dragged him behind me into the kitchen where Heather was cutting some fruit. “Heather, may I see your phone? Jordan wants to see the dress.”

She nodded and slid her Iphone over to me. “I meant to send it to you, babe, but I forgot. Sorry.” She smiled.

“Slacker!” he joked, kissing her. “Let me see.”

I laughed and found the picture that Heather took and handed the phone to Jordan. I bit my lip, waiting for his response. I watched him as he looked at the picture and he looked up at me and I saw different emotions written on his face.

“Mackenzie,” his voice cracked and I noticed tears in his eyes.

I chuckled as tears filled my eyes. “Jordan, you’re not supposed to cry.” I scolded him.

He stuck his tongue out at me. “You look so damn beautiful. You’re going to look even more beautiful on your wedding day.” He said, wrapping me up in a hug.

“Thank you so much Jordan. I can’t wait for that day.” I admitted. “Do not tell Eric about the dress.” I warned him.

“If he does, he doesn’t get any more sex.” Heather told me and I laughed at Jordan’s reaction.

“He doesn’t find out about it.”

“Good.”

For the rest of the afternoon Jordan, Heather, and I watched 24/7 and I couldn’t believe I missed it. Jordan filled me in some of the other things that happened during the filming. I couldn’t stop laughing when the Penguins did a shootout when Jordan returned to the game. I remembered him coming home and telling us about it, but actually seeing him have to run up the steps of Heinz Field was great.

When we finished watching that, it was time to meet up with everyone for dinner. We ended up meeting at Sidney’s place and dinner turned into a party. All night long I was smiling and laughing and I felt like my old self again. We partied until two in the morning and crashed at Sidney’s place. I woke up before everyone else and made breakfast for those who stayed. I was just finishing up the pancakes when Sidney walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning, hope you don’t mind I raided your kitchen?” I asked. It wasn’t my place to do that, but I figured that he wouldn’t care.

He smiled and grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate. “I don’t mind at all. If you make breakfast every time you come over, I’d be okay with that.” He laughed with a wink.

He took a seat at the breakfast bar and we chatted as I finished cooking. By the time I was finished, everyone else in the house was awake and making their way to the kitchen for breakfast. After we ate, Jordan, Heather, and I went back to the apartment. Heather had work and Jordan had some things for the team to attend to, so I had the place to myself for a while. I took advantage of the time alone to shower and than I called Linda and Henry.

“Mackenzie!” Linda exclaimed when she answered. “How are you, sweetheart.”

I smiled into the phone. “I’m doing great. How are you and Henry?”

“We’re doing well, planning on a trip soon.”

“That’ll be fun. Where are you going to start this time?”

“We’re thinking with you and the boys.”

“Well, we’ll be looking forward to you.” I paused. “So, I got a dress yesterday.”

“You did?!” She exclaimed. “What does it look like?”

I went into detail about the dress and told her Jordan’s reaction. I could tell she was getting worked up about it as well.

“You have to email me the picture. Have you come up with a date yet?”

“Yes, we sent out the save the dates last week. But it’s July 1st at the lake.”

“I can’t wait for the wedding! I can’t wait to see you in the dress.” She gushed. “How has Pittsburgh been?”

“Just what I needed, I’m back to my old self again. Smiling and laughing. I think I just needed that break from therapy.”

“I can imagine that was hard. I’m glad things are getting better for you. I hated seeing you suffer.”

I sighed. “I know, I hated seeing everyone else upset because of me. I don’t want to put everyone through that again. Especially Eric.”

“He really loves you. I’ve never seen anything other than hockey have such a large impact on all my sons. I’m so glad you’re becoming a part of the family.”

Hearing those words, I knew that I was making the right choice. “That makes me so happy to hear, Linda.” The sound of the front door opening caught my attention I looked up to see Jordan coming through the door. “Linda, I’m going to go. Jordy just got home.”

“Alright dear, thanks for calling and I can’t wait to see you. Tell Jordan and Heather I said hello.”

“Will do, tell Henry I said hello as well.”

“Count on it. Goodbye Mackenzie.”

“Goodbye.”

I hung up with Linda and looked at Jordan with a smile.

“Talking to my mom are ya? You didn’t tell her about the raging party last night did you?” he asked with a smile, sitting next to me.

“Of course not. I just haven’t talked to her in a while and I had to tell her that I got my dress.”

“She’s really excited about the wedding, you know that right.”

I nodded. “I am too.”

Jordan and I decided to go out to lunch and then went shopping some before returning back to the apartment and watched movies until Heather got home from work. When she got home the two of us cooked dinner and then we continued watching movies. I was leaving in the morning and I was both excited and sad to leave. I missed Eric and Jared, but I was afraid that when I got home I was going to slip back into my depression. I shook my head and turned my attention back to the movie that was playing. I wasn’t going to slip back into my depression, not if I allowed it.

By the time the movie finished, it was close to midnight and I had an early flight in the morning. I said my goodnights to Heather and Jordan and went to the guest room where I was staying. Once I was in my pajamas I packed my bags and sent a text to Eric before climbing into bed.

When I woke up the next morning, I slipped on my yoga pants and a Hurricanes shirt before putting my hair up into a ponytail. Perfect traveling outfit. Heather was the one taking me to the airport since Jordan had morning skate. I wrapped my arms around Jordan’s waist and hugged him tight.

“Behave and treat Heather well.” I told him.

“Of course. Love ya, text me when you land.”

“Always. Good luck tonight and say hi to the rest of the guys for me.”

He leaned down and kissed my forehead. “I will.”

When Heather and I arrived at the airport, I was on the verge of tears. I didn’t want to leave. I hugged Heather and made her promise to send me a picture of her dress once it came in. We walked to security and I gave her another hug.

“Thank you for everything, Heather. I really needed this trip.”

She hugged me tight. “Don’t mention it. If you ever need to get away again, don’t hesitate to call us. You know we have room for you.”

Tears burned my eyes as we hugged again. “Thank you.”

I waved to her before stepping in line and through security. Once I went through, I wondered through the airport a little before sitting at the gate. I passed the time by reading the book that Heather lent to me. Finally my flight was called for boarding, eagerly I got up and made my way to the line.

The woman standing there smiled at me. “Hurricanes in Pittsburgh? You’re a daring girl.” She chuckled.

I laughed. “I’m heading back to Raleigh now, so I won’t be here long.”

“Well enjoy your flight and go Pens.” She smiled and I laughed.

“Yes, go Pens and thank you. Have a great day.”

“You too sweetheart.”

The flight home was long, especially with a toddler crying behind me most of the flight. The only thing keeping me from going insane was the fact that I was going to see Eric and the rest of the guys. As soon as the plane landed, I was on my feet and ready to push my way off. When I got off the plane and into the terminal, I practically ran to baggage claim. I grabbed my one suitcase and spun around looking for someone I recognized. As I was making my third sweep of the crowd, someone came up behind me and placed their hands on my shoulders. I gasped and jumped before turning around and coming face to face with my smiling fiancé. Without a word, I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tight.

“Hi there.” He whispered, kissing my temple. “How was your flight?”

I sighed. “It would have been fine if it wasn’t for the toddler crying behind me the entire flight.”

“That sucks, at least it wasn’t a long flight.”

I groaned. “Oh god, I would have killed the kid. You’d be picking me up in handcuffs and following me to prison.” I chuckled.

Eric kissed me. “Don’t want that.”

“No we don’t.” Eric grabbed my hand as we walked out of the airport and to his truck. “So how was your time without me?”

Eric chuckled. “It was okay I guess. I missed you though, sleeping at night was not fun.”

I rolled my eyes. “You do it on road trips. Unless you and Cam are sleeping together and not telling Cody and I.”

Eric leaned over the center consol and put his lips at my ear. “You caught us.” I laughed as he kissed my temple before putting the car in gear.

On the ride home we talked about my trip and Eric told me about the games I wasn’t able to catch up on. Eric also told me that he called the party planner we are going to use for the wedding and they worked out a time for her to make a trip down here next month to talk to us about details. He also told me that his parents were coming to visit, but I already knew that.

When we got home, I went straight for Molly’s cage and let her out. She ran circles around me wagging her tail and barking in excitement. I kneeled down and began petting her.

“I missed you baby girl.” I laughed as she attacked my face, knocking me down.

“Molly!” Eric laughed, helping me up. “I think she missed you.”

“Well I missed her.” I said smiling at the golden retriever. I looked up at Eric who had his arms around my waist. “But I missed you more.” I whispered, kissing him.

The kiss started soft and loving and quickly escalated into something hot and heavy. Eric moved so that my back was pressed against the wall next to Molly’s cage. He tightened his hold my waist and kissed me harder, his tongue begging for entrance. Without a second thought I let him in and groaned quietly as our tongues battled for dominance. My hands moved from their spot around his neck to his hair, where I threaded my fingers through it. We broke away from each other and stood there staring at each other, panting. Eric leaned his forehead on mine and kissed me softly, what neither of us expected was me deepening the kiss because I rarely initiated anything like this.

Eric stepped closer to me, pressing me harder into the wall and ran his hand up and down my side. Eventually his hand slipped under my ‘Canes shirt, causing me to shiver at the feel of his skin on mine. I wanted more. Gently, I pushed Eric off of me and when I was free of him I pulled my shirt over my head. Neither of us said a word as I stood in the living room half naked and Eric looking at me with a look in his eyes I’ve never seen before. Slowly he made his way over to me and kissed me with such passion that if I wasn’t against the wall, I would have fallen because my knees gave out on me. I kissed him back with the same amount of passion and pressed myself to his chest. He let out a tiny growl and pulled away from me, without a word he picked me up causing me to squeal, and carried me to our room where he gently laid me down on the bed. He stripped himself of his shirt and stood there staring at me.

“What are you thinking?” I asked quietly.

He smiled sweetly and made his way to me. “Just how beautiful you are and how much I love you.”

When he was close enough, I wrapped a hand around his neck and pulled him down to me so I could kiss him. Eric moved so he was hovering over me and I felt safe where I was. He reached behind me when I arched my back and undid the clasp of my bra and tossed it aside. He broke away from me and began placing kisses on my neck and collarbone, making his way down to my chest. My breath hitched in my throat when I felt his warm breath on my sensitive nipples. I felt him smirk against my skin before pulling one of my nipples into his mouth. I gasped and arched my back at the sensation and felt a fire building in the pit of my stomach.

I pulled Eric’s face up so I could look at him. Neither of us said anything, we just stared at each other. Then I spoke. “I’m ready.” I whispered.

Eric crashed his lips into mine and this time it wasn’t a sweet, love filled kiss. It was a hot, need filled one. As we continued to make out, Eric ran his hand up and down my sides again like he did in the living room and just like in the living room, goosebumps followed his hands. They came to rest just under my breast and his thumb stroked small circles there. Then his hands moved down my stomach and he hooked his fingers in the waistband of my yoga pants. I lifted my hips so he could get them off easier and then just like that I was laying there in nothing but my black boy shorts. Eric placed soft kiss down my chest and stomach as he made his way down my body. He stopped just before the waistband of my panties and locked eyes with me. Without breaking eye contact, Eric removed them and tossed them to the floor. I was now completely naked.

He crawled back up my body and kissed me softly as his hand traveled down my body. Slowly, he inserted one of his large fingers inside of me causing me to gasp in shock.

“I’m sorry,” He whispered, kissing me again.

I shook my head and hummed as he started moving his finger, causing the fire in my stomach to build. I raked my nails down his back as the fire continued to build. I bit my lip to keep quite, but wasn’t able to keep quite for long as the fire took over my body and I came with a loud gasp and whimper.

Eric removed his finger and kissed me again before standing up and removing his track pants and boxers. I stared at him and took in every hard plane of muscle, every curve caused by many years of playing hockey. I looked into his eyes and saw love and want swimming in his hazel eyes. Eric locked eyes with me and smiled.

“Are you sure you’re ready? That you want this?”

I nodded and Eric gave me a nod before disappearing into the bathroom. Suddenly butterflies filled my stomach and my heart was pounding. We were about to have sex…I was about to lose my virginity. I wasn’t scared though, I knew I trusted Eric and there was no other person I wanted this to happen with. I was happy that Eric was going to be my first and only lover. Eric came back into the room and tossed a foil square on the bed. Condom. He took a seat next to me on the bed and leaned over to kiss me.

“If at any point you are uncomfortable or scared, stop me.” He told me. “It’s going to hurt a little bit at first, but I promise you I will be as gentle as I can. I want you to enjoy this too.”

“I trust you, Eric”

He kissed me one last time before opening the foil wrapper and rolling condom on. He then pinned me to the bed causing me to me giggle. I was nervous and he knew I was. He kissed me gently and I could feel him pressing himself into me. I gasped at the sudden pressure and then the gasp turned to a whimper as the pain set in. Tears sprang to my eyes and Eric whipped them away as he kept apologizing. When he was finally all the way inside me, I was full on crying.

“Babe, do you want me to stop?” Eric asked.

“No,” I gasped. “Just give me a minute to adjust?”

He kissed me gently, “of course.” He whispered. He kept placing light kisses on my face and neck as I got use to the sensation.

I calmed down and was able to handle movement. At first the pain was once again unbearable, but soon it subsided and all I felt was pure pleasure. Eric was gentle with me like he promised and I was in heaven. The pressure and fire was building once again and I arched my back when Eric hit a certain a spot.

“Oh.” I gasped as pleasure coursed through my body, causing Eric to chuckle lightly. “Eric, do that again.” I told him

He obliged and I cried out, running my nails down Eric’s back. Eric let out a growl and sped up his movements. I knew then that we were both close. Eric hit the same spot again and I came with a loud gasp and Eric wasn’t far behind. We both laid there catching our breath and coming down from our orgasmic highs. Slowly I opened my eyes and was greeted by Eric’s smiling face.

“I love you.” I whispered.

He leaned down and kissed me. “I love you, too.”

Eric rolled off of me and went back into the bathroom and I laughed when I saw his back. “The guys are going to be all over you tomorrow at morning skate.” I said.

“What do you mean?” He asked, walking into the bathroom. Then I heard him laugh. I got out of bed and leaned on the doorframe looking at Eric. “You did some damage there, girl.” He chuckled again, coming over to me and kissing me. “Don’t worry about it.”

He took my head and lead me to the bed again. This time though we just cuddled with each other and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited