Status: in progress

Unchained Melody

Corona and Lime pt. 1

Ahna gave me a ride to the restaurant; it was just some little 24 hour hole-in-the-wall place, but the stuffed French toast I ordered was the best I had ever had. “O my God you guys have to try this. I might quit my brand new job just so I can eat this all the time.”

“Well try not to orgasm in the booth. How would we explain that to Doris?” Ahna laughed at how fast my face turned red after she said orgasm. “So you looked like you were having a fun night with the Penguins. Anyone in particular?”

“What?! No. I just felt like I could relax, and I just was me. I’ve been around hockey players my whole life and they were just a group of them, although they smell a lot better then I remember my brother and his friends smelling,” I laughed at the thought. Who would have pictured me going from being the sister in the crowd to the waitress of the Penguins?

~N~

“This was fun. I really think working with you is going to be great,” Ahna said as we walked out of the café. It was 3:30 in the morning and there wasn’t a cab to be found. She noticed me looking off down the street and asked, “Do you need a lift back to your hotel? It’s no problem for me.”

I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding and said “Thank you. I don’t want to have to walk all the way back. Knowing me, I would probably get lost.”

~N~

I got Ahna’s number before I walked up to my room. By the time the elevator dinged, I was ready to fall asleep standing up. I slide the key card and changed out of my borrow clothes. My head hit the pillow and I was out.

Marc’s POV

I woke up this morning feeling surprisingly good considering I drank enough to leave me with a raging hangover, but it was nothing to how Max and Jord are going to be feeling when they regain consciousness. Jordan had seen me staring at the waitress and Max is just a horny teenager in a twenty-something body. Both were ordering drinks so often, they had a lineup of shots. Jordan was ordering for Brogan to keep coming back and Max because… he’s Max. Ah… Brogan.

*flashback*

“Come on man. I know you don’t feel like partying after last night. And I know how stupid it is to say, but there is next year. Pack something and come to Pittsburgh. You can drink your way into summer with me and the guys and who knows? Maybe some hot, leggy blonde will catch your eye and keep you company?!” Jordan wouldn’t take no for an answer. He always was the painfully stubborn one, well next to Eric.

Getting knocked out of the playoffs sucked. We lost to the capitals in five games. Just getting to the playoffs makes you feel close to the cup, yet we were so far away, and we lost. Going out to forget the game was maybe what I needed.

“Alright Jord. I’ll be there in a couple of hours. I want Diesel tonight. I want to be a face in the crowd.” I wanted to be only a face tonight worse than he realized.

Jordan laughed and said, “good luck not standing out. Not only are you a giant ginger but you’ll be with the penguins. But Diesel it is. They have some great pucks there man. Last Saturday, Max took home a chick that earlier in the night took me to the bathroom and b…”

“Ok Jord. Thanks for the date but I don’t need the details of your dirty little life. I’m going to pack and head out. See you soon.” I clicked my phone off and put it down next to me on my bed. Some of the guys went out last night to get drunk and find a girl to take home, but I wasn’t one of them. I went home to my brownstone and drank until I passed out. I was surprised I heard my phone ringing and even more surprised I found my dress pants they were in without falling over.

God, I need a shower.

~N~

I pulled up at Jordan’s building, headed to the elevators, and up to his floor. I sighed, standing outside his door and knocked. There were a few voices on the other side of the door and when Max opened it, I saw Jordan, Sidney, Letang, and Geno sitting in the living room.

“Hey,” Max said opening the door wider for me, “Ready for a night on the ‘burgh? I’ll let you at the ladies first but I don’t know how long that’ll last. If you’re anything like our Staalsy, you’ll work fast enough.”

“I’ll do my best to keep up. I’m going more for Jim and Jack though. I don’t feel like remembering tonight.” I walked through the entry and into the living room, then getting greeted by the other guys. Jordan stood up and too my stuff to the room I’d be staying in. Here comes the questions.

“How was the drive?” Why beat around the bush Jordy?

“It was good; about as exciting as a 6 hour car ride with a hangover to keep me company could be. It’s nice to not be sitting down anymore.”

“I bet. So…”

“I’m fine Jordan. Really. I’ll get over it. I just need some time to learn to function again. Everything decided to crash at once; losing so early, and Jess the day before. I just want a break and my headache to go away.”

“Well I have some stuff in the bathroom for the headache and the summer is coming. Then, you’ll have your cottage to yourself. That is until Mom and Tanya decide it’s time for you to have a family night, and then you’re stuck with all of us – again,” he smiled and turned down the hall. A few minutes later, he came back with some Advil and a bottle of water.

“Thanks, man.”

~N~

At Diesel, there was a crowd waiting; guys to shake hands, high five and congratulate the ‘guins on their latest win against the lightening and girls wanting to leave with the players and to be their personal games. We were surrounded right away. There was a girl that pushed her way through our group with drinks, heading to a table on the other side of the club. She didn’t even stop to gawk. On her way back, she got an order for Jordan and said she would be right back. Before she made it back, we all headed up to the Mezz, where the Penguins usually crashed when they were here.

I’m not the man-whore like Jordan, but the way those pants fit and the size of her nearly nonexistent top showed skin, enough to get you thinking and only add to your imagination.

I turned back from looking over the railing and saw Jordan staring. “Don’t even call dibs. I’m not competing with you over a one-nighter.”
“I was just gonna ask if you were jealous you didn’t have a drink already,” Jordan laughed, “but geez. Relax. You are way too intense and serious right now. She’ll be back in a few and then you can dip all you want on her.”

Like he said, she was back, handed him a Corona and called for the rest of our orders. She acted like she either knew who we were and she didn’t care or that she didn’t know. Those shoes she was wearing were mile-high and tiny; how she planned on making it up the stairs with all our drinks was beyond me. Uh… She had a great ass in those pants. That would be something to dance with.

With a tray full of beers and shots on her shoulder, she floated up the stairs and started dispersing her load. When she handed me my beer and shot, our fingers brushed. I doubt she even noticed, but the brain in my jeans couldn’t stop noticing. Look what I had turned into: a teenager with raging hormones and a creep.

~To Be Continued~
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!!!
Sorry for the ridiculously long wait. But in honor of me finishing my spring semester I thought I would post this. I was going to wait until Marc's POV was done, but that would've been really long and I wanted to get this up for all of you!

Thank you to those that have commented and subscribed! I know I don't post super often but I love you all for sticking with me.

comment/rate/subscribe

<3 Louisa