Status: Slowly Active.

Lycanthrope

Questions

I finally know the truth. I know why he left, what he is, and what he’s been doing around Mystic Falls. He has been looking out for me and while his actions would be deemed as stalking, I know that he was doing it with good intentions. He’s been trying to make sure that I don’t make the same mistake he made, that I don’t trigger the curse and I’m grateful for that because I don’t think I’d be able to live the way he does. I’d be living in fear. Fear of the full moon and what I could be capable of.

Not only did my dad talk to me about the werewolf gene that runs in the family but he also made sure that I know that vampires are very much real. I’m still trying to wrap my brain around everything but I just have all these questions floating around in my head. The number one question being who the resident vampires are. Also, what does Elena have to do with all of this? He said that one of the vampires can be dangerous but seeing as I’m friends with Elena, I shouldn’t have anything to worry about. What does that even mean? Does Elena know that vampires exist? Is she aware that there are three of them living in her hometown? Does she know these vampires? So many things have been floating around in my head, so many unanswered questions but there is one thing that I know for sure. Mystic Falls is a town full of secrets.


“Sydney!” I hear my name being called out causing me to quickly close my notebook. Dropping my pen on the picnic table, I glance back over my shoulder and see Elena just a couple feet away. She takes a seat next to me, placing her bag on the table and says, “I haven’t heard from you since you were at my house and I just wanted to make sure everything is okay.”

I smile softly and simply nod my head. “Everything is fine.”

“So the dinner with your dad went well?”

“Yeah, it did. We were just catching up,” I manage to answer truthfully without spilling the secrets that my dad shared with me. Still having questions lingering in my head, I decide to ask, “Elena, can I ask you something?”

She nods her head while furrowing her eyebrows. “Of course. You can ask me anything.”

“What’s your opinion on vampires? Do you think they’re real or do you think they only exist in really lame movies where they suddenly sparkle?”

I notice Elena’s expression change rather quickly. Her body looks tense, her jaw is clenched and she looks like a deer in headlights. I watch as she tucks her hair behind her ear and drop her gaze to the table. “I don’t really believe they exist,” she answers simply, “why do you ask?”

“My dad is really big believer in folklore and we were talking about it at dinner. I was just curious to see what you thought about it,” I reply nonchalantly while shrugging my shoulders to act as if it isn’t much of a big deal.

Elena nods her head and then lifts her gaze to look at me. “And what do you think? Do you actually believe those crazy stories about vampires running around?”

“If you asked me a few weeks ago, I would’ve said no but now... now I think anything is possible,” I tell her, locking eyes with her to see if her expression would change and give me any hint to whether or not she was telling the truth. Elena simply nods her head and deciding that I wasn’t going to find anything out, I begin to gather my things. “I’m gonna get going. I need to stop by my locker before class starts.”

We say our goodbyes and I begin to walk towards the school just as Stefan reaches Elena. I stare at him for a moment, taking in everything about him. Despite living here for a couple weeks and being friends with Elena, I haven’t really talked to Stefan or spent any time with him. There’s something about him, though. Something that makes him seem a bit mysterious, something different.

I shake my head in attempt to rid my mind of what it is about Stefan that makes me question him and turn around to continue my way towards the school when I feel myself bumping into someone.

“I am so sorry,” I quickly say while bending down to help pick up the books that I caused this person to drop.

“It’s totally fine,” I hear a male chuckle, “I wasn’t really paying attention.”

Rising to my feet, I look up to see Tyler’s blue eyed friend and hand him one of the books that he dropped. I smile softly at him and decide to introduce myself, “I’m Sydney. You’re Tyler’s friend, right?”

“Yeah, I’m Matt,” he smiles as he puts his books in his bag, “and you don’t seem like you’re as big of a bitch as Tyler says you are.”

I roll my eyes as an amused smirk tugs at the corner of my lips and shake my head. “That Tyler sure is a nice kid, huh?”

“Look, Tyler is my best friend so I’ll be the first to admit that he’s a dick but he’s really not all that bad.”

I raise my eyebrows, my smirk never faltering and cross my arms over my chest. “You’re his best friend, you have to say something nice about him.”

Matt chuckles softly while shaking his head and says, “Don’t worry, you’ll see.”

Before I even have the chance to reply, he smiles at someone behind me then walks away. Just as I’m about to head towards the school, I hear my name being called from behind me. I quickly turn around and see Tyler standing there causing me to roll my eyes.

I simply elevate my right eyebrow to let him know that he has my attention. He adjusts the strap of his backpack and asks, “Do you think you could help me out with some of my French homework? I’m having a bit of a tough time in that class.”

“Why are you asking me?” I answer with a question, confused as to why he would come to me instead of someone that he actually gets along with. Although, I doubt there’s very many considering his attitude.

“Because aren’t you in AP French or something like that?” I simply nod my head and he continues, “Okay then. You obviously know your stuff. So will you help or not?”

Running a hand through my hair, I decide to be civil about this and give in to his request. “Fine, I’ll help you. Meet me at my house at six o’clock and don’t be a second late or I won’t help.”

I quickly walk away without waiting for a reply while shaking my head, wondering what I just got myself into and hoping that I can get through the night without wanting to strangle Tyler.
♠ ♠ ♠
Total brain fart while writing the second half of this. The next chapter is going to be better, I promise! (;

Comment. Subscribe.
I love and appreciate all sorts of feedback!