Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

Stage One the Academy

*Luce's P.O.V*

The doors where pushed aside as I followed the two hunters. Their presence both familiar and discomforting. I was led through the main halls, were faces turned to me curiously, their whispers hushed as they tried to figure out why I was here. After all what was an outsider doing within the prestigious halls of the Academy itself.

I wasn't the youngest, no but I was the youngest to enroll without having any previous contact with the Occidere Vincere itself. I tugged at my hoody, as a gust of air threatened to slip it back. I looked around and knew without a doubt fitting in would be hard. These people didn't look much different from your stereotypical vampires themselves, with their dark hair and pale skin.

After all they lived in the night, not much opportunity for a tan I suppose. Me? My skin was a pale tan, I had hardly been out in the sun but my skin was natural bronze. My hair, fell to my shoulder blades in soft blond waves. I was anything but the Gothic chick this industry wanted me to be.

And besides vampires weren't like the stereotypes, well I didn't think so anyway. They were void of any human emotion, and they weren't beautiful. Their skin was dusty, and a sickly grey colour that was more than slightly eerie. Their eyes, not all red but had a two rings, one on the outside of the iris, the other around the pupil itself, the shade a thick blood red.

Humans where drawn to them in a way that was hard to explain, their presence both drew you in and told you to run. The sensation was confusing, which is what they wanted. Overall they were blood thirsty creatures, and one day I would be out their picking them off with my blade through their rib cage.

I was guided through another set of doors, and its interior reminded me of an office building we had at school. I soon found my comparison was right, as we were then led into another room off to the left, and I was faced with one scary ass looking woman. She had raven black hair, that was pulled back hard into a elegant bun. Her eyes pieced into mine as she scrutinized my every detail.

After a moment she let me go and began to look through the file she had in front of her. Her desk was immaculate, not a piece of paper out of place, or a speck of dust to be seen. I had the sudden urge to mess it up, although her sharp eyes kept me in place. "Luce DeRose, born second of July nineteen-ninety-two. Orphaned at birth, and has been to over seventeen different temporary foster families. Has no allergies, and only previous fighting experience is a year martial art course...."

I tuned her out, I didn't see the point in her reading out my details, what she thought I didn't know them? And every detail was spot on so far, she didn't seem like the person to have false information. I flicked my eyes to a file off to the right, it was huge. I read the name with ease, 'Estelle R Hieros' why did that name sound familiar and why was her file so freaking big? "Your mentor will be Alex Grey" I turned to her as her voice got sharper, and her eerie ice blue eyes pinned mine. "Miss DeRose if we're boring you, there's the door feel free to leave." I winced and mumbled an apology and after a moment hesitation she continued.

Apparently I would need to catch up to my class mates, which is where Alex came in.

Although apparently after this year I would be be placed in a different program with someone named Luke Woods, which again sounded familiar. I was then given a pack with my class schedule, dorm room and a basic map of the school grounds. I was then sent away, and left on with the hunters once more.

My classes wouldn't start for a couple of days, seeings as it was Friday and they saw no point in me starting half way through the day. So I was sent to my dorm room to settle in, something that sounded like a daunting task already. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath once I was left alone outside of my dorm room.

I was here for a reason, and I above everything else wanted to expel this world of vampires once and for all. So I would endure everything they would through at me, and I would show them that I could do this. As I opened my eyes I was filled with a new determination, and suddenly Monday didn't seem so daunting after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's new character Bios in the character list. Luce's one of the new characters, hopefully you like her as much as you all seem to like Estelle. Enjoy guys, and thank you for your support it means a lot.