Status: ;; finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You

013.

As we drew nearer and nearer to Battery City, a lot of doubts surfaced to my mind. What if the Scarecrow or some Draculoids were waiting for us at the border? What if they knew that Frank had called for backup? We could all die before even reaching BLI headquarters, before even getting the chance to help the guys.

I shook my head back and forth, trying to rid myself of these awful thoughts and replace them with good ones. We were going to reach the BLI headquarters and we were gonna save Grace and help the guys. Nobody would die, nobody would get hurt. Simple as that.

Show Pony's van slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. In the distance, I could see the lights of Battery City and all of their tall buildings. It made me more nervous, but at the same time, more determined. I pulled up next to the vehicle and climbed off of my bike just as the side door slid open. Violet Vengeance, Dangerous Detonator, and Flame Thrower climbed out with Show Pony and Agent Cherri Cola.

"Okay, guys," Agent Cherri Cola started, unfolding a blueprint of the main BLI building. "We all know there are risks in going into this. Some of us may be killed, and some will come out with just injuries. Before we go to much into planning, we have to make this clear." Agent Cherri Cola looked at all of us, more importantly me. I wonder why she did that until she began to speak again.

"If you see anyone down or hit, do not try to save them. You watch your own back and try not to get hit yourselves, okay?" We all nodded and I know understood why Agent Cherri Cola gave me that pointed look; I was emotionally attached to the guys.

"Alright, well, we're going to have to go right through the front door. If we're attacked, we defend. If not, do not shoot anything or let your guard down." She went on to cover the main floor and pointing out to where the jail cells would be. "We need to get there," Agent Cherri Cola pointed to the jail cells and my heart soared.

My family could still be alive, I could still save them. I'd have to try and destroy the security system somehow to allow all of the jail cells to open, but my main priority would be my family and Grace. They were the first to come out of that horrendous place.

"Violet Vengeance and Midnight Massacre, you're gonna have to go to-"

"No," I said, cutting Agent Cherri Cola off. "No way am I working with her."

"What? Too afraid I might one up you?" Violet Vengeance responded, smirking slightly. I was just about to rip her a new one when Agent Cherri Cola stepped in.

"We do not have time for this," she shouted. "Grow up and face the facts. If we don't get something figured out and soon, the Fabulous Killjoys are gonna die. We need more fighting force, and that's why you two are going to the jail cells. You are going to work with a lot of people that you might not trust or like, but for once, put people before yourselves!" My mouth snapped shut. Never have I seen Agent Cherri Cola this mad and I wasn't about to tempt her anymore. Violet Vengeance seemed to have the same thought because no more arguments were made.

"Now, you two have to go to their storage facility first," Agent Cherri Cola continued, pointing to a small room on the third floor. "It might be difficult but you need a butt-load of ray guns. Once we reach BLI, we'll give you a duffel bag each. You have to fill both of these, and when you make it to the jail cell," She pointed to the second biggest square on the fifth floor. "You give as many people ray guns as you can. Tell them the target is any Draculoid or Scarecrow they see. We'll take care of the security system and the surveillance, then we'll try to find the Killjoys and help them. Hopefully we'll all get out of this alive."

After she was done explaining, the walky-talky that was in my jacket pocket crackled to life and Dr Death Defying came over the air wave.

"Midnight Massacre, come in. Midnight Massacre." I sighed and pulled it out of my pocket.

"Yes, Dr D?" I answered as Show Pony slapped his hand over his forehead. It seemed he forgot something and rounded the van to grab whatever it was.

"How far away are you from Battery City? Party Poison called in and it's getting bad." My breath caught in my throat as I heard those words. Agent Cherri Cola took the walky-talky out of my hand and began to speak to Dr Death Defying, receiving any information and then returning it. Meanwhile, Show Pony came out with two other walky-talkys.

"Okay," he said, tinkering with them a bit. "We are going to be breaking up into three groups. Vengeance and Midnight, you're one as you already know, Flame and Danger, you're another. Cherri and I are gonna be taking over the security system and surveillance as she already pointed out, but Danger and Flame," he paused, giving them a pointed look. "You are gonna have to get right into the action. You can not hesitate with any attack, you hear me? You are going right into the battle with the Fabulous Killjoys. We'll be right behind you as soon as we disable the security, okay?" They both nodded and I smiled at both of them; it took a lot of courage to head right into a battle.

"Now, this right here," Show Pony waved one walky-talky. "Is mine and Agent Cherri Cola's. This one is yours." He handed the other walky-talky to Flame Thrower. "They are all connected and we can reach other with just the press of a button."

He demonstrated how they work to Violet Vengeance, Flame Thrower, and Dangerous Detonator as I walked away. I already knew how they worked and I needed to see what Dr Death Defying had told Agent Cherri Cola about the situation at BLI.

"Alright, over and out." Agent Cherri Cola spotted me then returned my walky-talky. I raised one eyebrow, waiting for an explanation.

"If we don't hurry, we're gonna have some serious problems. The guys are trying to hold out, but it's just not working." I nodded and went to my bike, knowing she was going to issue the order to move out. I watched as she indicated for everyone to pile into the van as I started my bike. We kicked it into overdrive as we crossed the border of Battery City without any problems.

We reached BLI headquarters in record time. I could see beams from the ray guns from outside and made a hasty decision.

"Violet Vengeance, come on." I yelled over the roar of my motorcycle's engine. Agent Cherri Cola knew what I was about to do and nodded, handing me the duffel bag she had talked about and handing one to Violet Vengeance. I slung it over my back as did Violet Vengeance.

"We'll be right behind you. Stay safe!" she said, and I nodded. Violet Vengeance climbed onto the back of my bike and tightly clutched onto me.

"Don't kill us." she snapped and I rolled my eyes, gunning for the front of the building that was made of all glass. Stupid mistake on their behalf, if I must say so myself.

"Duck your head, shut your eyes, and take out your ray gun. Start shooting every Draculoid and Scarecrow you see." I shouted to Vengeance. I didn't get a reply but I could feel movement from behind me and I saw her ray gun out of the corner of my eye.

"Hold on," I added as I crashed through the window, making glass fly everywhere. The firing that was going on inside stopped for a minute.

"Midnight!" I heard Frank shout, then the firing started again. I took off down the hallway as Violet Vengeance tried to take down anything that was in our path. We reached the elevators and then discarded the bike, quickly entering the car. I pressed the second floor button and the car shot up, making the both of us stumble a bit.

I had memorized the blueprints and I knew exactly where the storage room was. The car came to a stop and we instantly slid our bodies onto either side of the opening doors, ready for any sort of an attack. When none came, we cautiously stepped out, aiming our ray guns everywhere. The place seemed deserted but we weren't going to take any chances. This is the storage facility after all; it held all of their precious weapons.

As we rounded each corner, we made sure our hands were steady and the coast was clear. It took as a lot faster than I had expected to reach the stash of ray guns.

"Keep watch as I fill my duffel bag up first." I said, unzipping the bag. No argument came and I took this as our mutual alliance. Even if it was just for a short while. I started to grab all the ray guns I could, throwing them into the duffel bag. When I was sure that another one couldn't possibly fit in there, I zipped it up and then it was Violet Vengeance's turn. She quickly finished also and we were soon off to the elevators once again.

On our travels back, an alarm went off. It was a loud wailing noise that made our stance dissolve and our hands cover our ears. Lights also flashed around us and then I heard a robotic voice come over the intercom.

"Security and surveillance have been disabled. I repeat, security and surveillance have been disabled." I smiled, knowing that Agent Cherri Cola and Show Pony had down their job and was now returning to the fight.

We just reached the elevators when a cold voice met our ears. It made my hair on the back of my neck stand up, and I recognized it as the voice that I heard that night when I was first brought into BLI as a prisoner.

"Where do you think you're going?" We turned around slowly to meet a ray gun staring us right in the face. The person behind that ray gun wore white attire and his smile was sinister.

"We're going to defeat you." Violet Vengeance said, drawing her ray gun.

"Looks like this one has an attitude," Korse spoke. Twenty or more Draculoids appeared from behind him, immediately making me sweat. Of course, I've Ghosted several of these shitheads, but never in this size-able number.

"Now, we'll give you a choice. Give up and we won't harm you, or try something and we kill you. Your choice." he said, giving a cold laugh. I also raised my ray gun, not having to think about the question.

I was a Killjoy and Killjoys do not back down. They are prepared to fight anyone or anything that represented Better Living Industries and that meant their leader. We were trained for this moment, all of us. And for the thought to give up and become one of them, would never cross a Killjoys mind. And it didn't cross mine.

"Fuck you," I spat, then immediately started to round off shots, ducking and sliding to avoid the enemy's shots. I could see Violet Vengeance, not only shooting, but using hand-to-hand combat to take down some of the Draculoids.

Korse made a bee line for me and I quickly ducked it, throwing a punch to his lower abdomen and shooting a laser beam at one of the Draculoids that tried to come and help him. I knew Violent Vengeance and I weren't going to get out of this alive, but we sure as hell would go kicking and screaming.

Korse and I wrestled for a bit until I slammed the butt of my ray gun into his cheek bone. I scrambled up, trying to turn and get a good shot at him, but he was much faster. We were both standing up now and he had his right arm wrapped around my throat and his ray gun poised at my temple with his left.

"Any last words?" he whispered and I grimaced.

"You're not gonna win." I spoke, giving him a sick smile.

"And you're not gonna live." he replied, his hand tightening on the trigger. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the impact of the laser beam to fry my brain.

"Yes, she will." A voice I could only recognize as Frank's, said. I smiled and heard a shot go off. I stumbled under the weight of Korse's body but soon dumped him off of me. I looked down to see blood trickling from a wound in his back.

I didn't have time to look back at Frank because there was still Draculoid's in the area. Between the three of us, we quickly took them down and headed for the elevator. I pressed the button with the number five on it and the car quickly shot up again.

"I told them not to bring you," Frank's angry voice met my ears. I winced and turned to look at him.

"It's not their fault, Fun Ghoul." I remembered Vengeance was still in the cramped car and I had to use his Killjoy name. "I couldn't let them go without me. I needed to come here and fight, to rescue my family."

"We could of done that for you, Midnight. You could have gotten killed just then!" I knew he wasn't entirely mad, just upset that he saw me in that predicament. Instead of fighting against him, I moved forward and wrapped my arms around his waist, snuggling my face into the crook of his neck.

"I did what I had to do." I spoke. He didn't reply as his head rested against mine and his arms wrapped around me.

"Can we break up this little love fest? We have work to do," Violet Vengeance snapped just as the car came to a stop on the fifth floor. Frank and I pulled away, but not before he placed a quick peck to my cheek. I smiled then prepared myself for another battle that was sure to happen on this floor, seeing it was the jail cells.

I was that much closer to seeing if my family was alive or dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, Killjoys. Another update for you, fabulous fighters. :)
Remember that little snippet about Bob? Well, that's probably gonna come up again in the next chapter. But you won't be able to read it unless I get some comments. So, get to work, Killjoys. Comments keep me motivated.
And during your wait for the next update, why don't you check out these two stories? Trashed And Scattered and Victims Of A Crime
Please and thank you!
Killjoys, make some noise!
- Midnight Massacre