Status: It's happening

New Years Explosions

Charlie

So here I am stuck with two boys I don’t even know, the world appears to be ending, my parents and Ben are probably dead, but you know what the worst part is?

My back hurt like hell.

I stretched and stifled a groan, I must have hurt it when the roof collapsed, it wasn’t going to be easy, moving rubble with a sore back.

We walked in a stifling silence; the weather was warm, like summer at least that was normal.
“Where do you think we are?” The boy, Cale asked us casting a glance around, “Civic?” I didn’t answer, it might of been, probably was.

But it isn’t anymore. Civic doesn’t exist in the world we live in now.

So we walked and walked and maybe we....had some pie? Nah, who am I kidding, all we did was WALK.
It was tiring and the sun beating down on us only made things worse. I was tempted to take off my jacket, but the leather at least protected me from the sun and it was from Ben.

Finally, after hours of walking we come by what looks like a fountain, the water is clear. Do we let the dehydration win and drink from the fountain or do we find a horrible surprise?

Cautiously I approach the fountain, Katana drawn, motioning for Kayne and Cale to surround the fountain.

“Why is this fountain undamaged when all the buildings around it are in rubble?” Kayne asked quietly.

Now that I think of it, why hadn’t it occurred to me before? It was completely undamaged with rubble surrounding it, like Kayne had said.

“It’s a-“ I start to say but Cale cuts me off.

“It’s a trap.” He confirmed, a look of craziness glinting in his eye.

And that’s when we heard the roar, and the beating wings.

Looking up, we see this massive deformed monster. It looked like a bird, but it clearly wasn’t one, birds don’t get that big.
As it came into land, I could see drool dripping from its cruelly twisted mouth and madness glinting in its small shrivelled eyes.

It was out to kill.

The creature came to perch on the top of the fountain, despite its size and assumingly heavy weight, the statue didn’t break.

“Kraak!” it called and made a disgusting coughing noise, spitting out a disfigured object. A shiver went through me and I shared a wary look with the boys.

“Hello small monkeys”

“Holy Shizz!” cried Cale scrambling backwards hurriedly, “It talks!!”

Kayne rolled his eyes; he acted calmly even though the pressure of the wings forced him onto his butt. “What are you?” he asked softly, his tone even, getting back up again. “Are there others like you?”

The creature nodded it’s head once before letting out another sickening call and jumping off the fountain.

“There are more of you?!” I cried out in horror, just the thought of this one made my skin crawl.

The creature nodded it’s head again, “yess” it hissed and took a daring hop closer and then another.

“Don’t you dare!” I yell quickly pulling out my Katana and taking a defending stance before the creature.

“Not one step closer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is my first actual update, not Max updating for me.
The "Hello little monkeys" was supposed to be ina creepy font but i couldn't be frelled
Enjoy

Spy you later
-Jones