In Love with the Prince (of Darkness, That Is)

Chapter Twelve: Hey Sexy Lady

Taylor arrived while Dreama was cutting potatoes to fry. She was dressed in tight jeans and a cropped t-shirt, and was singing and dancing to the rock station on the radio when he opened the door.

"Hey, sexy," he said, walking over behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.

"Hey! You're soaked! How did you get in?" He was looking devastating in black jeans and a long-sleeved black t-shirt. "Aren't you hot in that?"

"Nah, I'm cool. Someone was leaving as I was coming, and your door was open a bit.”

"Jesse must have forgotten to close it when he left. He went to pick up Lindsay.”

"This is the girl?”

Dreama nodded. "She's a knock-out, from what he's said.”

"Stop working for a few minutes. Dance with me.”

"This isn't exactly dance music, and you're all wet."

"I brought some of my own music, and you look like you need a good soaking."

"Oh, I see." Dreama wiped her hands on a towel. "Okay, you have five minutes while the oil heats up."

"I think I can swing that."

"Let's go, then."

He turned on a CD, and pulled Dreama against his chest, one hand resting lightly on her shoulder, the other on her hip. They danced to the mid-tempo song, Dreama admiring the way her curves fit with his. She hooked her arms around his neck and put her forehead on his shoulder. She could feel the water from his clothes seeping into her own, but she didn't care. They danced to that song, and the one after it, and the next one. By the end of the third song, Dreama was standing with one knee between his, and their movements had been reduced to swaying hips. She was staring into his blue eyes, their faces so close they were millimetres from touching.

Jesse and Lindsay burst through the door. "Whoa!" Jesse cried, laughing.

Dreama jumped back, blushing furiously. "Hi... Jesse."

"Should we come back later?"

"It's fine!" Dreama squeaked. "How about an introduction?"

Jesse was still laughing when he gave Lindsay a gentle push forward. "Dray, this is Lindsay Hollister." He hesitated, and they exchanged glances. "My girlfriend," he finished.

Dreama smiled and stepped forward. "Hi, Lindsay. I'm Jesse's sister, Dreama."

"It's nice to meet you."

"Can I get you something to drink?"

"Um... a glass of juice, I guess. Please."

"There's no need to be nervous," Dreama laughed, leading Lindsay into the kitchenette. "I'm just the sister."

"Oh, it's not you. I've... never done... this before."

"You mean the whole 'meet the family' thing?"

"Yes."

"It's no big deal, really. I'm the cool one, and the other two won't even be home tonight--Nathan has a business meeting, and Craig... just didn't feel like coming home, I think."
Lindsay laughed. "So what's for dinner? Would you like me to help?"

"It's fine. You go sit with Taylor and Jess."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

Taylor came into the kitchen almost immediately after she had left. "Are you embarrassed to be caught by your brother, or just to be caught in general?" he wondered with a grin.

"Maybe a bit of both. Taylor this is... moving really fast. I mean, two days and already we're dancing like that."

"There's nothing wrong with feeling comfortable around each other."

"But I feel wrong being comfortable around you," Dreama replied.

"I don't know how to fix that one for you, unfortunately."

"Maybe... we just need to get to know each other better."

"Oh? And how do you propose we do that?" he asked, trapping her against the counter, one hand gripping the edge on either side of her waist.

"How's tomorrow afternoon?"

"It's supposed to storm again."

"We'll stay in and watch a movie."

"It's a date."

*~*~*

"So tell me all about it," Gemini gushed as soon as Dreama opened the door for her. She swept into the house and made herself comfortable on the couch.

"All about what?"

"Jesse said you went out with your hunk again. Tell me what happened."

"Nothing, really."

"Don't even try to pull that. I want to know everything that was said and done."

"Aw, you should have told me. I would've brought you along."

"I'll give you a video camera next time."

"Shut up."

"So?"

"Well, I took the bus over to his house, we ordered Thai food, and then watched a movie while we ate."

"Which movie?"

"The original Phantom of the Opera."

"Great, he's as nuts as you."

"Oh, shut up."

"So, then what? Did he drive you home?"

"Yeah, after we talked for a while."

"And?"

"And what?"

"Don't play dumb, you know what I'm asking."

"Yeah, I know what you're asking. And you know me well enough to know that you won't hear about it."

"Just this once?"

"I don't think so."

"Well... not even a little peck?"

Dreama shrugged, a little smile playing across her lips.

"What?" Gemini begged. "You can tell me. Please?" she wheedled.

Dreama pressed her lips together. "Okay," she sighed. "We might have... made out... on his couch... for twenty minutes."

"Oh my God!" Gemini squealed. "You did what?"

"Um... yeah. It actually might have been longer than that. I kind of lost track of time after he... took off my shirt."

"He did what?"

"Uh... actually, the only reason we stopped was because his MSN message signal went off, and it kind of ruined the mood."

"Oh my God."

"What?"

"My best friend's a slut."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit from Shaggy's album Lucky Day. I actually hate that song, but it's the only thing I could find to fit with the chapter. I don't know how I got onto the trend of naming each chapter after a song, but there you go. I can't stop now.
Shout out to Kurtis and Parker, because they're awesome and they know it.