In Love with the Prince (of Darkness, That Is)

Chapter Thirty-Three: Short and Sweet

"Come to California with me," he murmured against her lips.

Dreama pulled back in shock. "That one's new."

"I'm serious."

"Taylor, Christmas Eve is tomorrow! I can't just pack up and leave my family!"

"The fundraiser's tomorrow, Dray. We can't wait any longer to go."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I've kind of forced my parents into waiting until the last minute, hoping that you would be here in time to come with us."

"You're an idiot."

"What?"

She laughed. "I can't say no after you tell me something like that!"

"Does that mean you'll come?"

"If you'll take me up to meet your parents this very second."

"Now? But I had something so much more interesting in mind."

"I am not meeting your parents smelling and or looking like I just had sex with you in their basement."

"Oh, well, technically it's my basement."

"Shut up, we're going upstairs."

She grinned impishly and kissed his ear. "But if this goes well, we can talk about the mile-high club."

"You're a angel."

"Oh no I'm not."

"You will be."

Taylor's parents were sitting at the dining room table, and they both looked up when Taylor brought Dreama in.

"Where's Uncle Rob?"

"He had to leave."

"So do we actually get introduced this time?" Mr. Gable asked.

"Mom, Dad, this is Dreama Margulis." They exchanged glances and Taylor grinned. "My girlfriend."

Dreama felt like someone had lit a fire inside her stomach as she wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled underneath Taylor's arm. Hearing him call her his girlfriend felt better than she could explain.

"She's going to come to Cali with us tonight," Taylor said, in a shocking tone that left no room for any kind of discussion about the matter.

Dreama felt like a million dollars until Taylor's father looked her up-and-down, raised an eyebrow in the same imperious manner that Taylor could, and walked out of the room.

There were a few seconds of awkward silence, and then Taylor made a noise of anger and followed his father from the room.

Dreama shoved her hands in her pockets and rocked on her feet for a second. "Well that was interesting."

Mrs. Gable stood. "I'm sorry my husband's such an ass."

"Oh, it's okay. I know this is sudden."

"Well, there's that, too, but he's an ass."

Against her will, Dreama had to laugh.

"Why don't you stay for dinner tonight? I'll make my speciality."

"Which is?"

"Take out."

Dreama laughed. "Well in that case, I'll dial."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to David Gilmour off his self-titled album. I thought it was fitting and descriptive of this chapter.

Anyway, I've had another four people read and one more subscribe since this morning, and I'm feeling pretty great about myself right now, so I'll try and get one more out today, since I won't be home tomorrow. Shout out to everyone reading this!