Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Stare-Down

Stepping onto the Hogwarts Express, I thought this very train would lead me to a safer place away from my father. He’s a cruel man. He’s the lord of all that is evil and horrid and I’m his daughter the complete opposite. Yes, I know what you’re thinking, Tom Riddle, or should I say Lord Voldemort is my father.

I bet none you knew he had a daughter, huh? Am I right? Well, yeah, I am, because most people don’t know except for a select few that do. Like my father’s goon, Peter Pettigrew, that follows him around like a lapdog. Always happy to undergo and execute his master’s orders. I know all about his betrayal that killed the Potter family and cursed their son, Harry Potter.

You might be wondering why I’m here. No, I’m not here on a rampage of death and demolition by father’s order. No, as I said before this train I was boarding, now was my ticket to get away from the devil himself. Going to Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry was the only way to break free from my father.

I bet he hasn’t even noticed I’m gone, yet.

Yeah, I ran away from the hellhole I called “home.” I ran away just yesterday night, ran straight to Dumbledore who accepted me as not a spawn of the devil himself, but like a daughter. This feeling had felt strange to me since I hadn’t been given the love and attention I needed for a growing child. To tell you the truth I like the feeling. It sort of felt like Dumbledore himself should have been my father instead of Voldemort.

Shortly after, arriving and telling Dumbledore my dilemma, he came up with a solution to it. It included me changing my name.

My name used to be Katherine Riddle, now to protect myself from hate and my father, my name is Anissa Delacorte. Don’t ask why I chose that cover name, but I liked it and thought it had a nice ring to it.

Searching for a compartment, I looked into them to find most were full. Sighing in despair, I heaved my truck down the aisle thinking I would never find a place to sit. My feet were killing me from the long walk from Leaky Cauldron, which Dumbledore had made arrangements for me to stay the night at and I had barely slept a wink the night before. I was so worried my father would burst through the door of my rented room and demand me come home, so he could torment me once more like he always did when I disobeyed him. Luckily, it was just paranoia messing with my mind.

Finally, I found one that was empty, slid open the door, and put my truck up onto the luggage rack above. In mid sit a knock came at the compartment door and I looked up to see three students, which were two boys and a girl standing outside the compartment door. I waved my hand for them to come in and sat down. After all, it couldn’t hurt to get to know a few people around here.

“Thanks,” said the girl, who had brown frizzy hair. “We thought we’d never find a compartment.” She sat down beside me and the boys sat down opposite to us. “I’m Hermione Granger and these two are Ron Weasley and Harry Potter.”

“Hey,” said the redhead named Ron and Harry Potter himself smiled halfheartedly like something was bugging him.

“Hey, I’m Anissa Delacorte.” I replied shyly, smiling. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“I haven’t seen you around.” Ron said. “Are you a new student? You don’t look like a First Year at all. You look to be in our year.”

“What year is that?” I asked.

“Fifth.” he replied.

“I think once I’m sorted I’ll been in fifth too.” I assumed, smiling. I had read in Hogwarts, A History that they had years in this school not grades like some schools did.

“What house are you hoping to get sorted in?” Hermione asked.

“I don’t know, but I sure as heck don’t want to get sorted into Slytherin.” I replied. I had heard that Slytherin House was filled with soon to be future dark wizards. I just hoped the sorting hat wouldn’t take in consideration that I was Voldemort’s daughter. Just because I was did not mean I was as evil and lowdown as him.

“Slytherins are all lowdown gits.” Ron mumbled, just as a boy with bleach blond hair opened the compartment door with two chunky boys at both of his sides. Ron looked up, “Speak of the devil.”

“Hello, Weasley, Granger and Potter.” He said in an arrogant tone which made my eyes roll.

"Malfoy," all three said in unison.

He then looks at me, “What are you rolling your eyes at?”

“Well, to answer that question I’d have to know exactly what you were.” I replied, smirking.

“What did you just say?” he demanded, pointing a finger at me accusingly.

“I said, well- he cut me off.

“I know what you bloody said!”

Standing up, I glared at him. Soon, we were in a stare-down. Harry stood up and using Malfoy’s distraction to his advantage shoved him out the door. Malfoy fell into his goons and Harry slammed the door in his face.

“You’ll pay for this Potter!” Malfoy’s muffled retort came from the closed compartment door.

After, Harry was seated again, I looked up at my new friends, a smile tugging at my lips. Soon, we were all laughing hysterically
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you like so far!:D I had help with this chapter! My best friend helped me out with it, so yeah, it came out awesome I think!:)