Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Sorting

When the train came to a stop it was time to get off. I stepped off the train with my new friends by my side to some carriages that were being pulled by black skeleton like horses with bat like wings. I wondered if I was the only one seeing these horrible looking creatures.

“Do you see what I’m seeing?” I asked Hermione, who walked alongside me as we were about to board the carriages.

“What are you seeing?” she asked.

“You don’t see those horrid creatures pulling the carriages?” I asked in awe.

“No, I don’t see what you’re talking about.” an confused Hermione replied. “All I see is an invisible force pulling the carriages.”

“You see them too, Anissa?” a voice asked beside me. I looked over to see Harry was the one who had spoken. “For a minute there I thought I had gone mad.”

I nodded in respond and chuckled relieved to know someone else besides me could see these creatures. “I thought I was too for a minute there.” I wondered to myself why I and Harry were about the only ones that could see these creatures. Did it have something to with our past or something?

We all four boarded the carriages where it took us to an breathtaking castle. I had too double take to make sure this huge majestic structure was still before my very eyes. Towering in all it’s glory, I couldn’t turn away for a second. It was truly the most beautiful thing I’ve seen in awhile.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Hermione asked, smiling over at me as we came to a stop in front of the towering castle.

“Yes, it is quite breathtaking.” I said as we vacated the carriage and walked into the castle.

“Are you Anissa Delacorte?” asked a woman, which I was suspecting was one of the professors of the school. She wore round rimmed spectacles along the bridge of her nose and had brown graying hair that was hidden under a witch hat. This professor looked to be very strict.

“Yes, I am.” I replied as Harry, Ron and Hermione waved goodbye to me and walked into the castle.

“You’ll be getting sorted as soon as the rest of the First Years are.” she confirmed as we walked into the castle up to the doors of what was called the Great Hall, which was crowded by little First Years, who appeared all scared and nervous.

To tell you the true I was sort of nervous. I barely knew anyone besides Harry, Ron and Hermione. If it wasn’t for me changing my name, then I would probably would have no friends at all. Harry probably would have hated my guts.

I just hoped no one would find out my deep dark secret.

Finally, all the First Years were sorted and it was my time to come into the Great Hall to be sorted. Dumbledore had announced to the rest of the student body that I was a new student before I came into the Great Hall with all eyes on me. I ignored them as I walked up the few steps to the hat which I knew now to be the Sorting Hat.

Once seated on the stool, the professor from earlier put the Sorting Hat atop my head. It covered my eyes up so I couldn’t see much at all. Then, it started to speak to me, “Anissa Delacorte. Hm, seems like someone has a dark secret. I’m I right?”

I didn’t reply. Just shifted nervously on the stool as it continued to evaluate what house suited me best. There were four in all. I didn’t mine getting sorted in Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, but I sure as heck didn’t want too be sorted in the most hated one of all, Slytherin.

“Anissa, you’re pretty witty, sly I might add.” the hat said inside my mind. I closed my eyes hoping that I wouldn’t get placed in Slytherin. “You’re a very gifted witch, that you are, but you could be powerful in Slytherin.”

“Hell, no I wouldn’t.” I murmured inside my mind. “Slytherin is for lowdown gits that are transformed into dark wizards like my father once they've grown up. I’m not that.”

The hat became silent. I guess it was waging between putting me in Slytherin or some other house. Then, it finally spoke, “Well, I think I’ve made up my mind and I’ve come to an conclusion that there is only one house for you.” I closed my eyes, shut tight not wanting to hear the verdict. “That should be. . .RAVENCLAW!”

Relief washed over me as the hat was removed from my head and as I walked to my house table which was ablaze with cheering and clapping from my house mates. Before, I sat down, I waved at Hermione who looked disappointed, but happy for me none the least.

After, the feast had begun, a girl named Luna Lovegood began talking to me about how her father own the Quibbler. This girl seemed strange to me, but at least she was nice enough to talk to me even if I thought the Quibbler was rubbish, but not wanting to hurt her feelings, I went along with whatever odd thing she was talking about.

“I and my father planned a trip to go to Sweden to search for the Crumple-Horned Snorkack over break and it was amazing.” Luna said, smiling dreamily up at me as I ate.

“Did you find any?” I asked going along with it.

“No, but the visit to Sweden was delightful.” She said, disappointment in her voice.

“Maybe next time.” I encouraged, smiling over at her after taking a swig of pumpkin juice. Luna smiled back and soon we in the discussion about the Crumple-Horned Snorkack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you want too!:D