Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XLIII

Brian gently patted Liliana’s bottom as she cried against his chest. Around three in the morning, Brian woke up to his week old daughter crying. Usually Eloise would get up and breast fed Liliana but Brian told her she should pump some milk so he could help at night. With having James and Lilly to take care of they need to have a schedule. Luckily for them, James was doing good with potty training so it was less diapers to change and he was sleeping all through the night. Brian took the warmed up bottle from the water and made his way into the living room, grabbing a burp up rag as he passed by the small shelf they had of baby things. Sitting down, he propped his feet up on the coffee table, knees bent, and gently rested Lilly against his thighs.

Brian was amazed at himself at how well he adapted to becoming a father. He knew that he was well versed when it came to taking care of James and he remembered few things from when McKenna was little but it was different when the child was a part of you. He made sure that the bottle was tilted so no air was going in. Once Lily pulled away, showing no more interest, he set the bottle down and placed her against his chest on the burp up rag starting to pat her back.

“When will you start sleeping through the night, huh pretty girl?” Brian asked quietly as she made little sounds. “Did you get it all burped out?” Lilly just made little cooing noises before falling asleep. Gently getting up, Brian set the bottle in the sink and made his way up to their bedroom. Seeing that Eloise was still asleep, Brian put Liliana in her bassinet making sure she stayed asleep. When he was sure she would, he climbed into bed with a sigh.

“Brian?”

“Yeah?” Rolling over, Brian looked at Eloise wondering why she was up. “Why are you up?”

“Heard you come in. Did she feed good?”

“Yes she did,” Brian told her as he kissed her forehead. “Now get some sleep.”

“Did you check on James?”

“He’s sleeping Ellie, stop worrying and sleep.” Eloise nodded and curled into his side, instantly falling asleep. Brian wrapped his arms around her and with a smile, fell asleep.

“Daddy!” James patted on Brian’s stomach. “Dada wake up!” Brian groaned and slowly opened his eyes to see James sitting next to him. “Daddy!”

“Morning bud, where’s mama?”

“Bath,” James answered as he pointed to the master bathroom. Brian rubbed his eyes and saw that the bathroom door was open while Eloise was in the shower.

“Where’s sissy?”

“Sleepy.”

“Do you know if mama fed her?” Brian sat up, letting James sit on his lap.

“Yes, baby eat a lot.” Brian just shook his head and ruffled James’ hair.

“Watch sissy for a minute okay?” James nodded as Brian set him aside. After taking care of his morning business Brian stopped by the shower and opened the door. “Morning babe,”

“Sleep well?” Eloise asked as she looked over at Brian. She was still shy about how her body looked right after having their baby.

“Yeah, that was until James started playing the drums on my stomach. When did you feed Lilly?” Brian asked not able to take his eyes off her body.

“About a half hour ago, her diaper may need to be changed though.”

“Okay, I’ll check that.” Brian leaned in, not caring that he was getting wet, and gave her kiss. “I’ll make breakfast,” Letting her finish her shower, Brian went into the room and checked Lily and saw she was clean then he scooped James off the bed and went down stairs. Setting James in his booster seat at the table, Brian looked over the calendar they had on the fridge. They had decided to plan out every meal a couple weeks ahead. Looking over the day, he saw the breakfast Eloise put down of James. He went to the cupboard and grabbed the Lightning McQueen bowl and cheerios for James. Quickly pouring the cereal and dicing up some banana, Brian set the food down in front of James before getting him a Sippy cup of milk.

“So what’s for breakfast?” Eloise asked as she set Liliana into the small bassinet they had down stairs.

“I was thinking waffles with strawberries.” Brian answered as he pulled out the things to make the batter. “That sound good?”

“Yes it does,” Eloise smiled as she watched Brian made his way around the kitchen making breakfast for them. She was happy at how involved he was and how much he wanted to help with everything. Eloise always was thankful that not only their parents but people from the church call asking if they need things. Their parents had been getting groceries for them so didn’t have to pack everyone up or leave one alone with two. Hearing a ringing noise, Eloise got up and followed the sound. She fond Brian’s cell phone with a missed call. “Bri, you’ve got a voice mail on your phone.”

“Thanks babe,” Brian grabbed the phone from her and hit his voice mail. Eloise grabbed James dishes and set them in the sink then cleaned up James and picked him up. James made his way into the living room, checking where the baby was sleeping then proceeded to sit on the couch. Eloise turned on the TV to Disney so he could watch his morning shows. Walking back into the kitchen, Eloise frowned as she saw Brian just standing there.

“Honey, is something wrong?”

“That was Michelle,” Eloise walked over to him and rubbed his back.

“What did she want?”

“Wondering if she could come over and talk with us. She knows that you had the baby because of Val . . .”

“Well then, call her back, I’ll finish breakfast, go.” Eloise watched as Brian made his way out of the kitchen. She shook her head and started where Brian had stopped making breakfast. Ten minutes later as Eloise was plating their breakfast, Brian walked back in running a hand through his hair. “So what did she say?”

“She’ll be here around ten thirty, but didn’t say what she wanted to talk about.” Brian told her as he grabbed his plate and drink then sat down. “Guess that means I should shower.”

“Yes you should. Why don’t you take James with you? He needs a bath.” Eloise suggested as they finished their meal. “Go on, I’ll do the dishes.” Brian nodded, then picked up James, and made his way upstairs. Eloise began to do all the dishes as she glanced at the clock seeing it was a quarter to ten. She heard Liliana start to make some noise. Drying her hands, Eloise checked on her daughter. “Uh oh, someone hungry again?”

Eloise sat down with Liliana in her arms, a blanket draped over herself and the baby while she fed. Eloise could hear Brian upstairs going around in James’ room when the doorbell rang. Groaning, she got up, making sure Liliana was still okay, and then made her way to the door. Opening the door, Eloise saw a tentative Michelle standing there.

“Hello Michelle,”

“Hi Eloise,” Michelle greeted back, taking in her ex’s new wife.

“Come on in.” Eloise moved aside, closing the door as Michelle made her way in to the house. “Brian’s just getting Jamie dressed; do you want anything to drink?”

“Oh, no thank you.” Michelle answered as she sat on the love seat. Eloise took a seat, adjusting Lily. A minute later, Brian walked into the living room with James on hip. He froze when he saw his ex and current wife both sitting on the couches.

“Hey Michelle,” Brian greeted hesitantly as he placed James on the floor.

“Auntie?” James asked looking confused. Brian bent down to his son’s level and smiled.

“That’s not Val bud, its Michelle, her sister.” James looked between Michelle and his dad confused then slowly made his way over to Eloise and pulled himself up next to her. Brian chuckled as he shook his head. “So Chelle, what did you want to talk to us about?” He asked as he took a seat next to his wife.

“Um, well, I think Val already told Eloise one part.” Michelle started off making Eloise nod.

“What do you know?” Brian asked his wife confused.

“Cody and I are getting married. Actually the wedding date is next week up in Napa.” Michelle told him with a small smile. “And there’s something else,” Both Brian and Eloise looked at her curiously. “I’m, I’m pregnant.”

“Oh Michelle, that’s so wonderful! How far along?” Eloise asked excitedly. Brian sat there staring at his ex wife shocked.

“Twelve weeks, totally unexpected but we’re really excited. We’re keeping quiet just because of what happened with . . . anyways,”

“That is amazing Michelle, congratulations.” Eloise told her as she fixed her top and brought Liliana out. “Brian, can you burp her?”

“Huh, oh sure.” Brian took his daughter from Eloise and the blanket so he could burp her.

“Mama, potty.” James said quietly.

“Excuse me guys.” As Eloise left the room, Michelle just stared at Brian as he concentrated on his daughter.

“The reason I wanted to tell you guys was because you two thought to tell me before anyone else.” Michelle explained quietly. “I know you two are really happy, especially with your new baby.”

“Do you want to hold her?” Brian finally said when Liliana calmed down. Michelle nodded and accepted the baby into her arms.

“She looks so much like you Brian and I think she’s getting your hair too.” Michelle told him as she brushed her fingers across the darkening hair. “Valary said you named her Liliana.”

“Yep,”

“I remember how you always liked the name Lily, even tried to get Suzy and your dad to name McKenna, Lily.” Brian just rubbed the back of his neck with slight blush covering his cheeks.

“Uh yeah, I remember that.” Brian mumbled. “So how is everything going for you in the pregnancy?”

“A little ruff, morning sickness all through the day. Um actually . . . we’re having twins.”

“Seriously?!” Michelle nodded laughing. “Identical or feternal?”

“Not sure yet, they’ll tell us when we find out the sex of the babies.” Michelle gave him a smile. “Actually, that bag right there is for you guys, well for this little girl.” Brian took the bag and started to pull the outfits out.

“My dad’s tattoos are cooler than your dads. My dad is a rock star . . . oh well, Ellie will love these.” Brian told her pulling up the little dresses. “Perfect for church actually.”

“I thought Eloise would love them.”

“What would I love?” Eloise asked as she came back into the room with James following her.

“These,” Brian handed her the outfits making her gasp.

“Oh Michelle these are adorable.” Brian smiled as he watched Eloise and Michelle began to talk babies and pregnancy. He scooped of James and made his way into the studio, happy that they could put the past behind them and start to become friends once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would have posted this yesterday but after traveling all day, I'm tired, still tired. I hate jet lag so much.

Two left.
Thanks to all readers/subs/commenters
Love ya!

Don't forget to subscribe to You Belong With Me and If I Knew Then. Thanks to all of those that have already!