Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

IX

Brian fiddled with Pinkly’s dog tag as McKenna rang Eloise’s doorbell. Brian couldn’t believe a week had already flown by. He couldn’t begin to explain how much of a nervous wreck he was. Looking up at the door when no one responded, his eyebrows drew down. Glancing over his shoulder he saw Eloise’s car in the drive way so he knew she was home.

Looking over at his sister as she pulled her phone, he saw her shrug then open the front door.
“She said she can’t get to the door ‘cause James is being fussy so we could let ourselves in.” McKenna explained as they proceeded into the house.

Brian sat Pinkly down as McKenna disappeared down the hallway. He sat on the couch and let out a sigh resting his head on the back of the couch. Glancing up when he heard a whine, McKenna came out holding James who was frowning with tears.

“Give him to me,” Brian told his sister as he reached for the baby. “Why don’t you go help Eloise?” McKenna just gave her brother a weird look before she shrugged and turned around. Brian looked down at the little baby boy who was hiccupping from crying. “Hey little bud,” Brian cooed as his slim fingers wiped the tears off the chubby cheeks.

Feeling Pinkly’s paws on his knee, Brian looked down to see his Maltase had her snout in the air sniffing James. Brian shifted James so he was sitting on his lap, his body resting against his chest. He watched as James stared at Pinkly, Brian quickly placed his hand on the baby’s stomach as James leaned forward grabbing for the small dog.

“Come here Pink,” Brian patted the cushion next to him with his free hand. Pinkly jumped up on the couch, her nose immediately sniffing James’s arm. James let out a squeal making Brian laugh as he watched his dog investigate the baby. The small dog placed her front paws on Brian’s thigh and started sniffing James face.

James leaned forward grabbing at the dogs fur. “Gentle bud,” Brian cooed as he lightly grabbed James hand, unclenching the fist that held Pinkly. He kept his grip on James, moving the tiny hand along Pinkly’s back petting her. “Like that bud, see?”

“He’s taken with you isn’t he?” McKenna observed as she sat down next to her brother.

“I guess,” Brian mumbled still watching James interact with Pinkly. “Is Eloise ready yet?”

“Yeah she was just grabbing a few—”

Brian’s head snapped up when he heard the familiar click of heels. He felt his mouth dry as he observed the woman standing in front of him. Keeping his hold on James, Brian stood up and made his way to Eloise.

“You look amazing . . .” Eloise blushed as she fiddled with the straps of her purple purse. Her eyes down casted on her matching purple heels.

“Thank you. You look amazing as well.” Eloise complimented still flushed. She reached her arms out as James reached for her. Taking her son into her arms, Eloise placed a kiss on the side of his head. “Alright well I’m ready to go,”

McKenna came over taking James before sitting back down on the couch. “Have fun you two! Brian you have her home by midnight!”

Brian rolled his eyes at his sister’s remark as he opened the front door for Eloise. Following behind her, he unlocked the car and held the door open for her. He let out a deep breath realizing he was finally back in the dating game.

Brian had decided that they’d go to lunch before sound check. He glanced over at Eloise as he drove to the convention center. He loved how she had ordered her food in Spanish and didn’t hesitate to get eat something most girls he had dated in the past wouldn’t.

Placing his car in park behind the convention center next to the other guys, Brian glanced over to see that Eloise was looking at him. As they both made their way to the back entrance of the convention center, Brian moved himself closer to Eloise, resting his left hand on the small of her back. She glanced over at Brian giving him a small, reassuring smile.

“Hey Syn!” Both of their heads turned to see a buff man running towards them.

“Hey Dan,” Brian greeted as Dan stopped in front of them.

“These are for you two, and I’m assuming your Eloise, nice to meet you. I’m Dan,” He flashed her a smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too Dan.” Eloise gave a smile back as Brian hooked the pass to his belt as usual before hooking Eloise pass on her belt loop.

“Well everyone’s in the dressing room waiting for you guys.”

“Thanks Dan,” Brian said, Dan just nodded and turned around. He still then faced the couple again.

“Oh and Eloise, tell me if this punk gets out of hand, because you know,” Dan flexed his arms. “I can handle him.”

Brian rolled his eyes while Eloise giggled. “Get out of here asshole.”

“Well if that’s how all your friend’s are, I think I may split from laughter.”

“Come on,” Brian chuckled out guiding her down the halls to where the dressing room was. He took a deep breath and pushed open the door, laughter echoing the room.

“Hey Brian!”

“Eloise!” Brian’s eyes widened as Val came rushing over to them with a big smile on her face. “I’m so happy you came, let me introduce you to everyone!”

Brian laughed as he sat in the empty spot next to Matt and watched as Val pulled Eloise around the room.

“So how’s the day been so far?” Matt asked as he watched the girls all interact with each other.

“Really good, we went to lunch earlier talk about a lot of things.”

“And what about tomorrow?” Brian held back an audible groan as Matt laughed. “It won’t be that bad, it’ll be like what, an hour or so?” Brian nodded. “And Kenna’s gonna be there?” Brian nodded again watching Eloise talk with Zacky and their new drummer Arin.

Eloise laughed out as Arin joked around with Zacky. She couldn’t remember the last time she laughed this much.

“Alright guys, sound check!”

All the guys let the room leaving it for the girls.

“So Eloise,” Gena started as she sat down, while the other girls sat. “How did you meet Brian?”

“Oh actually I use to baby sit McKenna but we’ve gone to school together ever since eight grade.” Eloise told the girls.

“You guys should see her little boy, he is so cute.” Val gushed with excitement.

“What does Brian think of your kid? How old is he?” Lacey asked as people were going in and out of the room.

“They get along; he does pretty good at calming James. He’s eight months old.”Eloise said quietly. Val glanced at her old friend seeing the emotions running across her, she decided to change the subject.

Brian slipped into the room and placed his hands on Eloise shoulder’s making her jump in her seat. Glancing up to meet the light brown eyes, she noticed him motion for her to follow him. Excusing herself the girls, Eloise took Brian’s awaiting hand, allowing him to lead her to where ever it was he was taking her.

“Brian, where are you taking me?” Eloise asked as they turned down another hall. Brian just looked back at her and smiled. When he finally stopped, Eloise looked around seeing the stage all set up. “So how many kids are going to be here?”

“Fifteen hundred or more, I didn’t really pay attention to the numbers I was told.” He said staring at the stage. “The last time we played here, Jimmy was with us.”

Eloise slipped her hand from Brian’s and placed her arms around his waist. He glanced down before moving his arms around her shoulders.

“He’s still with you Brian, just because his body isn’t here, doesn’t mean his spirit isn’t.” Eloise gazed up to see Brian staring down at her. He moved his left hand, brushing some of her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear.

“Do you have any of our merch?”

“No, I actually have never listened to you guys before.” Eloise let out a laugh at Brian’s expression. Jaw dropped eyes wide in amazement.

“Well then . . . you’ll be surprised tonight. Come on, you need some of our shirts.” Eloise rolled her eyes letting Brian take her to where their merch table was set up. “Hey MB, we need to get Eloise some merch.”

Matt Berry lifted his head up and looked confused as he gazed at Eloise. “Hey you’re the chick that spiked the volleyball into Jason’s face!”

Eloise blushed as she twisted the handles of her purse. “I did apologize.”

“Wait, when did this happen?” Brian asked feeling out of the loop.

“Uh Junior year, Jason and I were watching the volleyball team play. You know they wore really short shorts,” Eloise rolled her eyes while both guys chuckled. “But I guess Jason made some comment and this fire cracker here heard it and spiked the ball,”

“Wait, you were the one that broke Jason’s nose?” Brian asked amazed. Eloise nodded feeling slightly triumphant. “Wait! You said he broke his nose in a fight!”

“Meh need to save what little dignity that guy has.” Matt Berry said with a shrug. “Speak of the fucker and he shall appear.”

“What?” Jason Berry asked clearly confused as he stopped a few feet away from the three people. “You look—oh shit fire cracker!”

Eloise gasped as Jason picked her up and spun her in a circle. “Hello to you too Jason.”

“Dude why didn’t you tell me you were dating Eloise?” Jason asked turning to Brian.

“I didn’t know you knew her! Or the fact she broke your nose junior year.”

Jason narrowed his eyes at Brian. “Fuck you . . .”

“Alright well, this look like one you’d want El?” Brian asked grabbing one of their shirts off the table. “I can get you one anytime you want.” Eloise took the black shirt with the Deathbat on it, swirled around the pink and purple colors.

“Thank you Brian, I love it.”

“Alright love birds go away we’ve got shit to do and fans are being let in soon. So unless you want to get mobbed . . .” Jason trailed off as he shooed away the couple.

Eloise was anxious as she watched the guys do their pre-show ritual with each other. The other girls were standing beside her chattering on about something. Eloise smiled at Brian when he sent her wink.

“Come on, let’s get side stage.” Val grabbed Eloise hand guiding her to Brian’s side of the stage. “This is so exciting! Your first Avenged show.”

Eloise stood side stage in the same spot as she observed Brian become Synyster Gates on stage. She’d let out little giggles when Brian would make weird faces, when bras and panties were thrown on stage. She shook her head as he stood center stage during a guitar solo.

Eloise wiped away a few stray tears when Matt sung Danger Line. She felt Val wrap an arm around her shoulder and lean her head on her shoulder. Eloise found herself enjoying the songs the men in front of her were play. She glanced behind the drum kit, imagining what Jimmy must’ve been like.

“El?” Snapping out of her thoughts, Eloise turned to see Val pointing to the stage. She hadn’t realized she got lost in her thoughts to where the show was over, the boys were throwing out their Picks.

Brian walked over grabbing a towel from one of the guys, wiping the sweat off of him. He saw Eloise give him a small smile. He wrapped his arms around her waist; her arms went around his slim waist. He heard her murmur something in his ear but the crowd was still too loud to be able to hear.

Brian didn’t think about what he did next.

He kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<insert witty comment>

If there's mistakes, I'll fix it tomorrow...too busy watching my boys win against the Bruins!
GO KINGS!

Thank you to all readers/subscribers/commenters


still love to know your thoughts.

Ten Stars? You guys are most triumphant.

Thank you again.