Enchanted

Surprise

The following week, Arthur and Molly insisted on having everyone for dinner. Though nothing had happened yet, they all knew of the impending threats and protective charms were placed all around the Burrow and Shell Cottage.

Although Alex was nervous about leaving Shell Cottage, she was afraid of something happening while they were not ready, Charlie convinced her that a change of scenery would be good, and that they would most likely be okay.

"So dear," Molly smiled at her as they ate. "Have you had any wedding thoughts yet?"

Alex smiled, the first time since the holidays. "I have been trying to give it some thought, yes. I would like, if you don't mind, for it to be held here. It would mean a lot to me."

Molly smiled. "Well of course, dear! We wouldn't have it any other way."

Alex chuckled with everyone else, and the conversations continued with lively chit-chat and laughter. As they conversed, Charlie noticed that Alex would not look near the other end of the table, where James and Lily sat. After finally figuring out what the matter was with her (from Bill, of course), he was worried that this unfortunate find would damage the rest of her time left with her parents.

Squeezing her hand, he motioned his head towards the living room and she nodded slightly. They stood, and no one stopped them as they walked away from the huge, noisy group. They walked into the living room and Charlie kissed her before she could speak.

"What was that for?" She raised her eyebrows in surprise.

He sighed and grabbed her hands. "To remind you that I love you, so that you can listen to me without us fighting."

She eyed him. "Charlie…""Alex, I know that what your parents told you, hurt you. I cannot even imagine what you are feeling right now. If I found out that Fred was going to be taken away after just getting him back…" he trailed off. "I know that it is hard. But don't push them away from you. Use this time to be with them and cherish the memories you will make. That way, when they do have to leave again, you can pass their stories on and tell our kids about them."

She nodded. "I know. I am just afraid of getting close to them, and then when they are gone…not having that anymore. I have already gone so long without them."

He rubbed his thumb in circles on her hand. "It will be hard and painful, yes. But remembering the good things will help us get through it." he paused. "As for me, this feels like a blessing."

She looked up. "Oh?"

He nodded. "I get to see the people who gave me my beautiful fiancé. I actually get to meet your parents, and see what you will be like when we are older. I get to show your parents that even though they are not around, you are in good hands and that no one and nothing can hurt you while I am around."

She smiled, a single tear threatening to fall. he smirked, wiping it away quickly. "I say it everyday and I will continue to do so until the day we meet in Heaven."

"Oh Charlie…I know you love me." She laughed. "Even a look would suffice. Don't feel like you have to say it every day."

"What if I want to?" He leaned in and kissed her. "I love you." Kiss. "I love you." Kiss. "I love you."

She laughed and shook her head. "Okay! Okay! I get it." Sighing, she wrapped her arms around his waist. "I love you too."

He opened his mouth to speak, when suddenly there was a noise like thunder and all sound seemed to disappear. Charlie's grip tightened on her wrists and they ran into the kitchen.

"Death Eaters! They've broken through the protective charms." Arthur shouted and everyone drew their wands.

Suddenly the door flew open and they were faced by more than a few followers of evil. Charlie kept Alex close, their wands both pointed and ready to fight.

Suddenly a bright light streaked into the room and the battle had begun. There were people outside, and inside, battling to stay alive.

Charlie and Alex held their own pretty ell but it seemed like they needed to watch their backs. The Death Eater was stronger than them, it seemed, and he sent a curse at Alex.

"Crucio!"

She turned, and it hit her full force in the chest. She screamed and fell to the cold ground, next to Charlie's legs. He sent a curse back at the man, and it made him stumble. Alex, who could not get off the ground, was in a lot of pain and was scared as she watched the love of her life fight for her.

The Death Eater turned and got a wicked grin on his face as he faced Charlie, raising his wand.

"Avada Kedavra!"