Enchanted

Charlie's Plea

For the next few days, Charlie rarely left Alex’s bedside. When he had to, Bill or Harry were the ones he left in there. Although the twins were close to her and so was everyone else, those three couldn’t bare to leave her side for very long.

The day before Christmas, Harry was sitting in the room with Ron. He had come to keep Harry company, and they had sat in silence for most of the time. They only moved when they heard a light tapping against the window. Ron stood and when he got to the window, he was shocked.

“Blimey, Harry! You have got to see this!”

Harry went to him and couldn’t believe it. There in front of him was his beautiful Hedwig. Just as suddenly they heard more commotion downstairs and then they heard the familiar voice of a house elf.

The boys looked at each other. “Dobby.”

Once the shock wore off, the boys slumped back into their chairs. Harry was silent for a while before he sighed.

“Ron…how could they all of come back? Do you think that is why she is so sick?”

Ron shrugged. “I don’t think her body could handle that much power. It had never done it before, as Charlie mentioned, so it probably went overboard.”

“Do you think she intended on bringing this many people back?” Harry whispered.

Ron was silent for a moment. “Probably not. I think she only meant for Fred to come back.”

Harry nodded, agreeing with him. Watching his ailing sister, he couldn’t believe the year they had had. His life was anything but ordinary and he definitely could not figure out why he was so cursed. Voldemort was defeated and long gone…his life should have taken a slightly normal turn.

Yet here they were, waiting for more bad luck to end. With the holiday only 24 hours away, Harry truly hoped that a miracle would happen and his sister would wake up. She needed to be okay to see the first miracle that had already occurred.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Charlie stared at his fiancé’s sweat-covered face and held her hand tightly in his. It was Christmas day and he was really hoping for a miracle.

“Okay you know I never tell you what to do or order you around but I am now. Don’t you dare leave me, Alexandra Potter. See? I called you Alexandra. You hate that, so I am going to keep doing it until you wake up and yell at me for it. Don’t you dare give up. You promised me that you wouldn’t use those powers and you broke that promise. You owe me, baby. You have to wake up. If you don’t wake up soon…it could be really bad. Fred is back, he is safe. So are so many of our friends.” he paused. “I forbid you to give up and move on. I need you here. We all do. Don’t you dare leave us now. Not after everything you have given us. All Harry has is you. He needs you, Bill needs you, and I need you. If you give up I swear to Dumbledore that I will come and pull you back. I love you too much to let you go. Don’t leave me here alone Alexandra.”

He stared at her face and sighed. He rested her hand against his forehead in defeat.

“Don’t call me…Alexandra.”

He whipped his head up and tears fell down his face. “Baby? Alex can you hear me?”

She groaned. “My head…really hurts.”

He laughed. “I bet. You had a nasty fever.”

Her eyes were half open and couldn’t really focus on anything, but she was awake. “I love you so much baby.”

She nodded slowly. “What happened?”

He sighed. “You broke your promise to me.”

“You all needed him back. Fred is needed here.”

“Baby…it worked. He’s back.” Charlie smiled and kissed her slightly warm forehead. “And not only him…you brought back so many others as well.”

She turned her head to look at him. “Who?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now that such a huge group had gathered for the miraculous holiday, it was hard to fit everyone at the table to eat. Against Molly’s desires, everyone sat in front of the fire eating away at their dinner.

Molly stood at the bottom of the stairs, hesitating. “Maybe I should bring him some food…”

“There will be no need for that.”

Everyone turned as Charlie’s steps could be heard coming down the stairs the minute he came into view Bill and Harry were on their feet and running to them. In Charlie’s arms was Alex, awake and smiling.

“Alex!” Harry hugged her lightly.

She was still tired, but smiled. “I hear you boys kept a vigil by my bedside.”

Bill, Charlie, and Harry turned red, and laughed. “Yeah I guess we did. We didn’t want to leave you.”

She nodded. “Thank you.”

She hugged Bill next and he grabbed her from Charlie. Bill clung to her tightly. “Please don’t do that to me again. I can’t lose my best friend.”

She nodded into his shoulder. “I’m sorry.”

After receiving a nod from Charlie he slowly set her on her feet but held on to her. “There’s someone you should meet.”

She looked up at him confused. Suddenly she heard steps behind her. “My baby…”

Bill turned her and Alex’s heart stopped. All she could do was stare at the people in front of her. “Mum? Dad?”

They nodded, tears in their eyes. “Our beautiful daughter. You are okay.”

She had tears streaming down her face now, as she clung to Bill for support. He helped her forward and she lunged into a hug with them. They held her, making sure she wouldn’t fall, and cried. They felt Harry join, and no one cared that everyone was watching.

A family was reunited after nearly 18 years and it was nothing short of a miracle.