Don't Say you love me, it's too late

My "dear" mother

A sigh. “She hates me for being pregnant, did you knew she tried to kill my baby?!”
I stopped writing.
“Why?!”
“She thought a baby would ruin my future, she also told me she didn”t wanted me to become like you.”
I was furious. How could my own mother say something like that? I never felt so hurt in my whole life… “Then why did she wrote this letter?” I showed my little sister the letter my mother wrote to me.
“She probably felt guilty or something.”
I tore the letter in to pieces. How could my mother be so such a cold-hearted woman?
“I don”t her sympathy or her regrets, she”s on her own now.” My sister was shocked by my reactions. “You must be really hurt.” She whispered and hugged me. “It”s okay.”
I”ve always been a good girl, I”m still a virgin and the time I went to school I had very good grades. Teachers found it sad to see me leave. They thought it was a shame that a talented young girl such as me didn”t have the chance to prove herself. My mother on the other hand thought I was spoiled. I went to school until my 16, which is very late for people like me and after I was lazy in her eyes because all I did was spending my times reading books. Other people would have loved a daughter like me, but in the society I lived in, things were different. We were supposed to live, work and die.
“Ending up like me.” I muttered. “If you would have ended up like me, you wouldn”t be pregnant.”
“Hey! Don”t take it out on me!”
“I”m sorry.” I knew my sister couldn”t help it. My sister was everything my mother loved. She dropped school together with me only she was 12 years old. My sister was never scared of a little dirty work; she would do anything to earn money. She didn”t care about knowledge, only work. Also in appearance we were not alike. I was rather small but very feminine; she was a tall girl but had no figure whatsoever.
Still, I always thought my mother saw me as her favourite one, because she knew I would leave this poor society one day. Not unlike my sister, she would always be part of the low life society. My mother thought I would make her rich too… But now because I left her, she hates me.
I tried not to think about it. We both got ready to see my painting back at Toulouses place.
Arrived there, he opened the door very enthusiastic.
“Come in!” He said smiling. “Are you always this happy?” My sister asked laughing.
“Oh no, only on good days.”
There was a painting that catches my eye immediately, the one with a large white sheet over it.
“Is that my painting?” I asked pointing at that. He nodded his head. Slowly he walked towards the painting. “Oh come one, you are such a tease!” For some reason my sister always had more luck with the boys, probably because of her big mouth… I looked at Toulouse to see his reaction. “I can walk slower if you want?” He said irritated.
“Oh please, you”re only torturing me that way.” I said sad and took a sad face. “I can”t resist you”re pretty face.” I saw my sister blinking at me. If only she could be a little more discrete…
He took the sheet of the painting and… it was wonderful! I had never seen something like that before. I couldn”t speak anymore.
“It”s beautiful.” I whispered softly, I could see on his face he was very proud of it. “I”m proud myself, if I may say so.”
My sister was just staring; she has never been so silent.
“Is that you?” She suddenly brought out. I nodded my head. “Wow, it”s fantastic, you are really talented!”
There was a blush on his face. “Now, please not too much compliments, I”m not good on handling them.”

We all sat down and Toulouse have us a glass of absinth. “I don”t think my sister is ready drink that.” My sister looked insulted at me. “I”m not a little baby anymore.”
“You”re having one, so it”s not good for you.” I looked at Toulouse to get some back up. “That”s right, I didn”t think of that.” He took her glass back. My sister was a bit grumpy but she knew I was right.