Sequel: Dare To Have A Doubt

You having fun there Cas?

Always On My Mind

Chapter Four.

The house was rundown, it was falling apart and smelled faintly of urine. Sunny was wide awake, every time her eyes closed in a blink all she could see was Sam’s blade tearing through her elderly neighbours skull and she wondered how the brothers could live this life every day and still be normal. Lilly’s head was resting in her lap as she slept, the woman had fought sleep as much as she could but she’d been awake the entire drive to scared to even speak.

“Damn it Cas” Dean sighed angrily as he snapped his phone shut “why the hell did he drag us all the way here just not show up and tell us what to do” his hands slapped against his side dejectedly before looking at Sam “did you salt the doors and windows?” Sam nodded so Dean’s gaze continued until it fell on the two women “Sunshine you should sleep”

“I can’t” she whispered “every time my eyes close all I can see is you two killing everyone in my apartment block” her gaze broke away from the wall and met Dean’s as her eyes filled with tears “we can never go home can we?”

“They…” Dean licked his lips “they know where you live now and they know you know us, if they got you guys they would do horrible things to you. We won’t let that happen-” he was cut off by a sudden presence in the front room

“Dean, Sam” Castiel nodded his head in their directions, his gaze stopping on Sunny “I’m sorry about your neighbours, I don’t know how the demons found you I’ve been working on it but a lot of my powers from heaven have been shut off” he moved past Dean to stand where he could see everyone in the room “there is a very powerful demon in this city Dean, you should not have brought these women with you”

“Did you expect me to just leave them there to die Cas?” when Castiel didn’t respond Dean shook his head with a nasty sneer across his face “you selfish son of a bitch, you wanted us to leave them to die! Well we are not like that Cas! We have emotions, we feel guilt even if you don’t!”

“I…I don’t-”

“You don’t understand? What sort of life do you live Cas? You can’t fall in love, you can’t be happy ever in your life and god knows I’m miserable now but for just a second when I was ripping those sons of bitches apart and saving these women I felt good, I was proud that I was saving their lives and I know Sunny is upset that her neighbours are dead but when she understands that they would have torn her limb from limb to get information on us she’ll appreciate it!” Dean pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed “you’re alive just to get revenge. You need things outside of work”

“I am a soldier Dean. I was created to fight a battle and get revenge on the people who wrong my father. I don’t know anything outside of that”

“But you rebelled Cas, you could do anything you wanted” Dean sighed loudly “I need to get away from here just for a little while”.

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<>>

Dean let the water splash over his face before resting against the counter with one hand and wiping at the water with the dirty towel in the other. His head was hurting, he was just so tired of everything, he was so tired of his entire life and he didn’t need a bipolar angel on his ass making every thing just that bit harder.

He let his eyes close over and when he opened them again Cas was stood next to him, too close for comfort “Cas” Dean sighed loudly “we spoke about this, personal space” Castiel took a step back mumbling a quiet apology “what’s up Cas? I need to sleep”

“I’m experiencing a strange feeling. I don’t understand it”

“Whoa, whoa Cas” Dean held his hands up to create space between them and opened his eyes widely “I…I’m not sure what…what do you mean strange feeling? Do I even want to know Cas?” his voice was panicked slightly, he didn’t really want to have to give Castiel advice especially advice on a ‘strange feeling’ that he ‘didn’t understand’.

“It’s Sunny” he confessed quietly before Dean began laughing loudly “what? I‘m not supposed to feel like this about anyone Dean, let alone a human”

“You like Sunny?” Dean smirked like an amused teenager “you tried talking to her Cas? She’s a nice lady” he hopped up onto the counter and leant forward, resting his elbows on his knees “she could be into you…but then again she was into me…”Castiel looked on at Dean in confused “What?”

“I’m an angel Dean, Emotions are forbidden, especially feelings of that nature, for a human none the less” Dean sighed and raised an eyebrow as his eye’s skimmed over Cas “What?” asked Cas the hostility clear in his voice.

“Well you know, you’ve already started to rebel, what’s the point in stopping now?” Dean could see the flash of consideration in Cas’s eye’s. Dean chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
disclaimer: I do not own supernatural
Read, review, subscribe, love