Status: an update about three or four times a week... maybe ? :D

Falling Together

First Day

I took a deep breath as I took off my seat belt and looked out the window to the high school. It was now officially my high school but I still couldn’t believe it. I opened the door and got out of the car, barely paying attention to my brother saying his goodbye. Even though I had been in this wretched town since birth, I was still nervous for my first day.

I started walking towards the double doors of the school, already knowing I had to report to homeroom- room 211. I looked around me and recognized every face- I had grown up with all of these people. In a town as small as Pembroke Pines, new comers were rare.

Mia!” I heard a voice call.

I turned around and saw my best friend Kathy walking towards me, a big smile plastered on her face. I gave her a half smile and as soon as she reached me, I started walking with her.

“What are you smiling about?” I asked her, raising my eyebrows.

“It’s the first day of high school,” she gestured around us, “I have every reason to be smiling.” Seeing the look on my face, she frowned. “You should really just attempt at being cheerful. Just once in your life.”

“Nah, it’s too much work.” We walked into school together but had to depart quickly. Homerooms were organized by last name; Mia Santos and Kathy Davis are too far apart for us to have the same homeroom.

“See you at lunch, ho!” Kathy called over her shoulder as she took a right at the intersection of hallways while I walked into my classroom.

In class, I could see a few familiar faces but nobody that I would talk to. I took a seat in the back and slumped in my chair, throwing my head back and sighing. My bangs fell in my eyes as tried to relax my racing heart beat.

It was just high school after all- nothing to get anxious about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heey folks!
This is a re-write of Broken Lives & Guarded Hearts.
Comment & Subscribe! <3

Plus, check out these stories:
-Just Be Real With Me (featuring myself, Nicole, Kayla & the Maine boys!)
-Enchanted by nicki-nightmare (featuring John Ohh<3)
and lastly,
-Baby Steps by ASHLAYANNE. (featuring Alex Gaskarth).
<3