‹ Prequel: The Fifth World

The Fifth World 2

A Little More Action

Bo: I stare at Jonathan as he sits on the armchair in my bedroom where Derek was sitting earlier and where Cynric has sat many times before. It just seems odd to have him sitting there. I feel my forehead furrow. He is clearly mad, most likely crying inside and also confused.
How the hell do I explain this to him? How the hell can I make this right? I can't. The only thing I can do, the one single thing that will sound absolutely crazy to him but is the complete truth is the only thing that can help me now.

I sigh and sit down on the arm of the chair, I sit myself right beside him but when I do he sort of automatically leans away from me - not too much to make it obvious to anyone else if they were in the room but it is clear enough to me. I also notice how he refrains from touching me on the hand or the arm or even the knee... as the simple touching used to be something that had come so natural to him ever since we became official. I didn't mind, ever. I liked it. It would remind me that he was there... but right now, even though he is right beside me I feel as if he isn't. I feel as though he is far away, very distant.

"I love you, Jonathan," I whisper to him.

He doesn't seem to hear... or he does but just doesn't make a sound or even a move. He just sits there with me right beside him, our bodies barely touching... although I feel like even though we are very close to one another, we are very far apart. It pains me. I feel tears come to my eyes.

"There is something I need to tell you," I begin to choke up, "and it isn't easy to say-"

"You cheated on me with Derek Brown? The kid you supposedly hate?"

I sent Derek home before Jonathan even entered the house. I made Derek go out the back door and Jonathan come in the front - it was hard to maneuver but I eventually did it with Johnson's help... it was even harder trying to explain who the hell Johnson was too. Just what I needed - another young, good looking male in my house along with Derek Brown. Anyway, I told Derek I would call him or go over to his house later so we could finish talking.

"What? No! Never! You have no idea, Jonathan, but please, please let me explain-"

He stands up quickly and turns around to face me, "I don't get you, Bo! First you get pissed off at me today for even thinking about him! And then you do it again! I thought you were ready to break it off with me after our second argument... and I got so worried that I knew I had to see you, I had to apologise... but guess what? I come here and I find you with the last person I would ever imagine you with... someone I thought you hated. So please, do me a favour, explain, fucking explain."

I draw in a sharp breath and I feel the tears begin to well up. I have heard swearing before, believe me, plenty of times... and I have heard Jonathan swear as well as myself, hell, even Cynric, Felicity, Nancy, Janine, Caine, Calhoun and everyone else I know... but never, other than Derek and a few other people, have I ever heard someone say a swear word directed at me so angrily, seriously or bitterly in my life. It actually hurts.

So I start. I start from beginning to end. I tell him everything. I tell him almost every detail of my life. From when my biological parents Evee and Johnson left me on Theresa's and Callahan's doorstep that cold, Christmas night to the Great Battle. I tell him about my cover up - how I sent my mother and brother to Australia and how I acted as if I were going too but the truth was that I was going to the Fifth World. I tell him of the revenge I sought after the date with Derek Brown and how I asked Cynric to do that big favour for me... I tell him of the Academy, meeting Felicity, our room and how I was told I would do something great in this world because of my assigned dorm... I tell him about Nancy, Janine and finally how we all flee from the government and especially Namara, the Justice Agent. I tell him about Calhoun... how much he has lost... I tell him about Seabrooke and how perfect of a place it was... then of Caine, and how he taught me to somewhat control my time traveling... and I also let Jonathan know that I still am not fully capable of controlling it... I talk about Wendell and how his daughter sacrificed herself for him... then how I was abducted by the Thornes, I talk about Colt and Jasmine, Lucius, the Great Battle, how the golden strand appeared in my hair after I killed Colt... and finally, everything after that - Cynric spending Christmas with us, how Jasmine and some Thornes attacked us... and how Johnson seemed to make some of it better... and now the favour he seeks from me. I also tell Jonathan of Derek and my suspicions. I tell him how I plan to leave to go back to the Fifth World... and that if I do I could very much be killed. I tell him everything... from beginning to end, every detail but there is simply - but not very simply - one thing I leave out and that is the truth about Cynric. I tell Jonathan that Cynric is nothing but my Angelican, a guardian, someone who watches over me, someone he always should have been and was assigned to be... but someone who never was what was planned in the beginning. He is not my friend, not like he was supposed to be, he is so much more than that... and it seems so very wrong to lie but right now I know that I do not have time to worry over this love triangle.

"Jonathan," I say his name in a cry, I feel like if he doesn't say anything, I am going to have to beg for his forgiveness and I really don't want to have to do that, "you are one of the most important people I have in my life and I can't stand the thought of losing you... because I need you. I need you in my life, Jonathan, I-"

He puts his hand to my mouth, very gently and definitely not in some kind of authoritative way, he does it to simply hush me. I can see the anger, the sadness and everything else that was present in his eyes earlier has disappeared. All that that remains in those perfect blue eyes of his is love... understanding and even a bit of confusion. I can imagine how confusing this all might be.

Before I can say another word he takes my face between his hands and he is kissing me. He is kissing me like he has never kissed me before... so passionately... so seductively. When he pulls away he carefully touches the tears that run down my face.

"Are you afraid?" Jonathan asks me with a very low and quiet tone.

I breathe out a cold breath and I feel tears rush to my eyes, I nod my head, "so afraid, Jonathan. I am so afraid."

He immediately pulls me into his arms, covering me with his body as quickly as possible and as much as he can. I can tell, it is just the way Jonathan is, he wants to protect me. He wants to protect me from all the evil in this world and any other. He wants no harm to come to me. It is like a bear hug but, thankfully, he does allow me to breathe. I shed a couple of tears whilst his hand moves from the back of my head to my cheek. He wipes the hair from my face and soon he removes the tears as well. I am in a state of vulnerability... I hate feeling this way. It is weak and uncomfortable... yet so pleasurable at the same time. I am always trying to be strong and independent and brave and finally things start to feel just a little bit better when I am able to break down and show my true feelings rather than conceal them.

I pull back from Jonathan and I stare up at him and into his perfect blue eyes, I whimper the next three words, "I love you."

I swear, I am not lying. I love Jonathan very, very much. He does not understand how much I love him but he also does not understand how much I love Cynric. Jonathan is my Average Human - he is the normality in my life. Cynric is... Cynric is my angel, my Angelican. Sometimes I just wish they could blend into one person but I don't think that the world would be able to handle that amount of perfection in just one individual.

I stare at him and see the corners of his lips tilt upwards and he responds to me with those same three words. A feeling of satisfaction fills me and he finally inches his face closer to mine covering my lips with his. The kiss begins as something gentle and careful. It is lovely and perfect and warm... but I find myself wanting more, as satisfying as it is to be kissing him so nicely my body begins to crave for something else... the kiss intensifies becoming much deeper and passionate. My breathing quickens as my body temperature begins to rise. His other arm moves and wraps around my waist whilst his hand keeps my face firmly in front of his. Our tongues fuse together and my mind begins to swirl... in these moments, these perfect and lovely moments, nothing else matters. Jonathan has the power to do that to me. He can take my mind away from everything wrong in the world and put me in a safe place. His lips finally leave mine, giving me time to breathe and his hands move up and down my back whilst his lips kiss my neck, nibbling here and there making me shudder out moans every now and again. Our bodies are together, sharing warmth, sharing these few moments we have together now. He stops and he looks down at me with those beautiful blue eyes. I shiver a little as he stares at me because I know that even though he is not saying a word... he is asking me something... something very important to me... I feel my cheeks redden a little and he notices, smiles and runs a finger across my face. I kiss him again as my hands move to his shoulders to slowly take off his jacket. He knows that even though neither of us have said a word to each other what my answer is. Once I am done with his jacket he lets go of me, continues to kiss me but he removes his shirt. This makes me melt. My hands immediately touch his bare chest. He is so warm... and perfectly built. My jacket falls from my shoulders and within seconds my shirt is up and over my head... we move to my bed and as he lies beside me, our bodies so close together, I feel his heart pound right beside mine. I notice his breathing quicken even more and I smile softly at him as his index finger lightly touches my cheek. He kisses me again and I feel this need for him, this urge to be with him in every way imaginable. I love him.

Suddenly, all sense of privacy feels invaded as Jonathan and I both notice the bedroom door open and a familiar figure awkwardly sticks his head through the door. I immediately push Jonathan from my bed, he tumbles to the floor and groans once he lands. I quickly cover myself up realising that I am in nothing but pants and a bra as my jacket and shirt have been flung across the room... Jonathan is also shirtless.

Johnson peers over at us two and realises what he has just walked in on and with a mumble he very uncomfortably gets out as quickly as he can. I swear I hear him say a 'sorry' before I hear his footsteps almost sprint downstairs. From the floor, I hear Jonathan muffle a laugh.