Firework

Do You Ever Feel Like A Plastic Bag

“Are you excited?” My twin brother, Eli, asked, nudging my ribs roughly. I sent him a court glare as I pushed him away from me. Eli and I both shared the same dark hair and green eyes, the same pouted lips, high check bones and athletic build. Although he was a good head taller than me and he had the ability to have anyone of the opposite sex crawling at his feet.

“I’m absolutely ecstatic,” I joked, “Now why don’t you go and find your girlfriend so I can go wallow in self pity that I’m here.”

“You could have begged Mom to let you stay home. Or you could have faked an illness,” Eli shrugged, strutting out towards the center of the camp. A large red-wash wooden stage sat near the tree line before the light gold sand and deep blue waters.

I closed my eyes for a spilt second. I could feel the wind blowing my dark hair behind me. I could hear the fans screaming out my name. I could feel the cold metal of the mic, my fingers wrapped tightly around the shaft. I could feel the weight of my bass shift from my back to my front, the cold wood pressing against my chest.

“Caitlyn!” Eli yelled, rushing towards the short, thin and gorgeous girl. I looked down at the piece of paper in my hand.

“Eli,” She trilled, running into his arms and planting a deep kiss onto my brother’s lips.

“So this is the infamous Eli we heard oh so much about,” one of the girls in the approaching group squealed.

“Aurora, you actually came,” Caitlyn smiled, nuzzling into Eli.

“Yeah, hi – anyone know where cabin three is?” I asked with a slight wave.

“You’re in our cabin,” Caitlyn smiled, pulling away from Eli and picking up my other bag from my hand so I was left with my bass and my suitcase.

“What do you do?” The blonde asked, coming to my side like the others. Eli was instantly pulled into a group of boys randomly dancing in the sand.

“Pardon,” I asked, cocking my head.

“What Tess means is what do you play,” The girl in a fluorescent yellow sundress translated, “I’m Mitchie by the way.”

“Nice to meet you – I play Bass.”

“That’s not all you can do,” Caitlyn scoffed when I did not continue, “This one right here has a great set of lungs on her.”

“Do not.”

“Do to.”

“Do not.”

“Do – I get top bunk above you!”

“Go ahead, I hate top.”

“Oh, this is Peggy and Ella,” Caitlyn introduced me to the girl with the guitar on her back and the very pink and sparkly Ella.

“Can’t wait to get to know you guys,” I said, forcing a smile onto my face. I hated introductions; they were always terrible no matter how hard you tried.

“Aurora!” Two masculine voices yelled from behind me. My head snapped to the side quickly – instantly recognizing the three voices.

“My room mates are here,” Eli chuckled, slinging his arm around Caitlyn’s shoulders.

“Now you won’t be so lonely,” She chuckled.

“I’m Sting,” The drummer of our band smiled. He was well built – the varsity footballer – short and spiked dirty blonde hair, bright blue eyes and chiselled jaw.

“I’m Riley,” Our piano player smirked, leaning against the nearest tree. He had dark ebony eyes, flowing jaw length black hair and creamy skin. He was thin and lanky, but wore jeans at least three sizes too big, and a large vulgar graphic tee.

“Where’s Zane?” I asked, pouting my lip out, “He’s the guitar – we can’t do anything without him.”

“He said his dad’s making him do something else this summer – he wouldn’t tell us what.” Riley explained, lifting himself off of the tree he was leaning on.

“The guys and I are going to go find our cabin – why don’t you show Aurora to your cabin and ‘start start, start the party’!” Eli laughed, dodging Caitlyn’s hand.

“You mean head to opening jam?” Ella clarified.

“You’ll like it – we’re performing,” Caitlyn smiled, pulling me along the gravel trail, “We need a bass player – you’re playing with us.”

“Is there sheet music that I can read at least?” I asked

“You don’t need it – you’re great at improving it,” Caitlyn scoffed, lugging one of my bags towards a large cabin just outside of the tree line.

“At least let me hear the tune,” I chuckled, hauling my bag up the steps.

“Start singing Mitchie,” Tess smiled, sitting on the single bed in the corner.

“Well,” Mitchie shrugged, looking uneasy. I set my bags on the bed underneath Caitlyn and turned to face her.

“If you can’t sing in front of just us, then good luck singing in front of the entire camp,” I smiled, crossing my arms and leaning against the ladder.

“Last year’s old news. I’m breaking out my six string and playing from my heart,” Mitchie sang, trying to hid her face in her hair. I smiled, swiftly taking out my Axel Rose signed black base and began picking at the strings.

“I think I’ve got it,” I grinned.

“That was quick,” Ella said wide-eyed.

“She picks things up quickly,” Caitlyn started.

“Like how my brother picks up chick,” I smirked, taking Caitlyn’s fist to my shoulder.

“The guys are already at the stage, so why don’t we head on other there,” Peggy said, moving towards the door, “Opening jam does start soon.”

“We,” Tess started before an energetic boy with dark skin in a yellow hoodie burst into the cabin.

“Are you guys coming or what,” He grinned. His eyes landed on me and worked me up and down,” Looks like we got some fresh meet her. I’m Sander. You are?”

“Aurora.”

“Your last name wouldn’t happen to be Borealis would it,” He laughed.

I smirked, “Creative mind you have there, eh?”

“What do you play?” He asked as we walked out the door.

“Glockenspiel,” I joked, “Bass and some vocals.”

“The bass amp is over there,” Caitlyn pointed out as we got onto the stage.

“Thanks. I never would have noticed a large black cube sitting next to the piano,” I joked, plugging my baby in and picking the first few lines to my own song. Kids were already starting to appear around the stage.

“What’s wrong Mitchie,” Ella asked.

“Nothing,” She sighed, “Well. I haven’t gotten a message from Shane since this morning and I haven’t seen him yet.”

“He’ll come,” Caitlyn cooed, waving to Eli in the audience.

“Welcome back to camp,” A tall man smiled as he walked up on stage, “Are you all ready to start jamming in about thirty seconds?”

“Of course,” Tess smiled, twirling her hair around her finger.

“Oh, Brown, this is Aurora, she’s new this year,” Caitlyn smiled, waving me over. He smiled, and courtly shook my hand.

“Bass player I see,” He smirked, “You’ll have fun here.”

“Guys, we should probably start,” Peggy said, rubbing the back of her neck. I quickly backed up closer to the amp as Mitchie turned the mic on.

“Last year's old news. I'm breaking out my six-string and playing from my heart. It's not déjà vu 'cause it's another summer. That's how this chapter starts.” Mitchie started slowly, and then the pace picked up, “I'm gonna run so fast till I can't breathe. Come along and follow me, let's make some noise we never did before.”

“It's a brand new day. Don't you see me. Changing up my ways. So completely? This time I'm gonna sing and you're gonna hear it. This time I'm gonna show you that I got the spirit. It's a brand new day and I'm feeling good and I'm feeling good” We all joined in the chorus, swinging back and forth, just having fun on stage. I smiled. I guess this summer was not going to be as boring as I thought I might have been.

“Welcome to Camp Rock,” Brown yelled into the mic once we were done the song, “Weather you’re slick and happening or dark and jamming-“ He was cut off by a honking horn as a truck full of hay and chickens, along with three surprisingly attractive boys. “ Mitchie ran off of the stage towards the boys. The boy in the purple button up stood up and fell off of the end. When he stood, a chicken sat on his head. My hand shot to my mouth to stifle my laughter. Unfortunately, Eli was belting out the laughs. Even stopped and turned to face my brother. It was the first day of camp and he had already embarrassed us.

“Hey, I’m Shane, that’s Nate and he’s Jason. We’re Connect Three. We know it’s going to be hard, but just treat us like normal campers,” He smiled, kissing Mitchie’s hand. While everyone had their backs to the stage to face the boys, I unplugged my bass and snuck off of the stage. I guess that was one thing that would prevent my band from making it big. I had a slight fear of performing if it involved large crowds hearing me sing.

I went back to my cabin, put my bass away in its case and made my way to the beach with my camera. I loved climbing – it just gave me that adrenaline boost I needed. I lined my camera up to my eye and snapped a picture of the perfectly undisturbed lake.

“Aurora,” I head Sting call from just down the beach, “Where are you?”

“Sting!” I called back, snapping a picture of the two boys walking over the sand.

“We know where Zane is now,” He growled, standing at the base of the tree with Riley.

“Where?” I piped in, almost losing my balance.

“Across the lake,” Riley explained, “His dad opened up another camp.”

“Sounds just like Axel,” I sighed.

“Are you having fun up there?” Sting asked.

“Tons. But it’ll be lots more fun if you two join me,” I smirked, patting the tree branches next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think so far. : P
It gets a lot more interesting next chapter~

Peace. Love. Murder. Complicate.