Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Fifteen

I woke up the next morning and the events of yesterday came flooding back. I groaned and with a yawn I rolled out of bed and slipped on my dark blue dress from yesterday, which was fortunately clean again and all patched up. The doctor, who turned out to be a very nice fawn, said I didn’t need stitches and it luckily was very deep but I did need to wash it regularly and patch it up to avoid infection. I ran my fingers through my hair, not brushing it though cause then it would surely frizz, and pulled half of it back and tied it with a dark blue ribbon and let my ringlets fall down my back, and quickly brushed my teeth. Quietly not to wake Courtney up I walked out of the tent and walked through the camp and noticed only a few creatures up. They were either training, eating, or fixing things.

“Good Morning.” I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around and saw Peter, looking at me smiling slightly.

I smiled back and said, “Morning Pete.” I waited for him to walk up to me and took his arm that he offered to me giggling. We walked for awhile with our arms linked in silence, enjoying the warm summer breeze and each other’s company, I looked over at Peter’s face to see him deep in thought.

“Penny for your thought?” I asked while looking at him with curiosity clearly on my face.

Peter chuckled and shook his head and said, “It’s nothing” after a hesitation, “I’ll be fine I guess.” He continued.

“Nervous?” I asked, but before he could answer Oreius stopped in front of us and then looked behind him towards the rocks to our left to see Edmund standing there talking to Aslan. Just then Susan and Lucy came out of the tent we were standing next to and looked towards where we were looking.

“EDMUND!” Lucy cried happily trying to run towards him but Peter dropped my arm and stopped her. Aslan and Edmund looked towards us and then Aslan nodded towards us and both started walking to us all.

“What's done is done. There is no reason to bring up the past with your brother.” Aslan said.

“Hello...” Edmunds said awkwardly.

“Where’s Lydia?” I asked looking towards Aslan with worry coating my voice.

“She’s in the medical tent.” He replied soothingly. I nodded shortly and ran past everyone towards the only white tent. I bursted into the tent and saw Lydia lying in one of the bed with her eyes closed. I walked towards her and sat on the bed next to while holding her hand. Lydia opened her eyes and looked at me, with a soft smile on her lips.

“Oh Lydia! Thank god your alright!” I gasped happily and hugged her tightly while she was still lying down. I pulled away and said, “Do you have any idea how scared we were?! Don’t do that again!” I said strictly.

“Yes, mum!” Lydia joked, “It’s good to see you too sis…” she said in a softer voice but it still cracked.

“Oh sweetie…” I cooed and pulled her into a hug as she cried into my chest. “Shh” I said while rocking her slightly, “you’re alright, you’re safe.” I continued to coo as Courtney and Michael bursted into the tent and ran up to us.

“LYDIA!” Courtney cried happily and tackled her into a hug once I let go of her. Lydia smiled happily back through her tears. Michael hugged her to and said, “Never do that again! We were starting to think we wouldn’t see you again!” We all laughed and had a group hug happy we were all safe at the moment.

“Is she alright to go?” Michael asked one of the nurses.

“Yes, her ankle is fine now, just take it easy.” The nurse informed us all.

“What happened?” Courtney asked. Lydia told us the whole story as we all walked to lunch and how Edmund did all he could to protect her once he realized what was really going on.

“Narnia isn't going to run out of toast Edmund.” I heard Lucy say as we walked up behind them. Lydia laughed and took a seat next to him, while the rest of us grabbed a seat as well. We all shared hugs and laughs for awhile until Peter said, “You better pack some for the journey…”

“So were going home?” Susan asked hopefully.

“You are, I promised I'd keep you three safe but there's no reason I can't stay and help.” Peter explained emphasizing the ‘I’ making sure I realized he wants having me stay behind either.

“Absolutely not…” I said determinedly while Courtney said, “But they need us...All eight of us”

“It's too dangerous. Sarah and Lucy almost drowned; Edmund and Lydia were almost killed!” Peter started to rant but was cut off by Edmund saying, “Which is why we have to stay.” We all looked at him in surprise thinking he would want to go home the most out of all of us.

Lydia nodded and said, “We've seen what the White Witch can do and helped her do it, and we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it.”

“Well I guess that's it then.” Michael said getting up with Susan in tow.

“Where are you going?” Peter asked curiously.

“To get in some practice.” Susan said while picking up her bow and arrow, causing me to smile at her proudly.

I grabbed my weapons from my tent and Michael and I started to spar, while Susan, Courtney and Lucy started shooting targets/throwing their daggers at the target.

“Come on Mikey you can better than that.” I challenged as I pushed Michael’s sword away with both my swords. I swung my right sword at his head but he ducked. I spun around all at once both my swords clashing with his with a loud crack of steel. This went on for awhile until I had Michael on his back panting with both my swords ‘X’ing around his neck. I chuckled at his surprised face and helped him up.

“When’d you learn to fight?!” Michael asked breathless. I merely shrugged, laughing lightly, panting as well.

“Come on Ed, sword hand up like Oreius showed us.” Peter yelled at Edmund as they came cantering towards us their swords drawn. The Beavers came running towards us causing Edmunds horse to rear in surprise.
“Whoa horsey!” Edmund said while patting his neck.

“My name is Philip.” Phillip panted.

“Oh, sorry” Edmund said clearly shocked, while we all laughed at his expression.

“You better come quick the White Witch has requested a meeting with Aslan...” Beaver warned us. Lydia and Edmund shared a quick glance at each other clearly worried and scared while we all stealth our weapons and ran after the Beavers.

“You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan” Jadis said threateningly, causing everyone to gasp in shock.

“His offence was not against you.” Aslan reasoned. I pull Lydia behind me, while Peter does the same with Edmund.

“Have you forgotten the Deep Magic?” Jadis challenged.

“Do not site the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was made.” Aslan roared sounding like the lion he was for the first time.

“Then you will know that the boy belongs to me.” She said turning towards us. “That boy will die on the Stone Table.” She said while pointing towards Edmund who stepped next to Peter not liking the fact he was being protect by his brother.

“Come and take him then.” Peter challenged while drawling his sword and pointing it at the witch. I placed my hand on Peter’s arm that was holding the sword knowing that no good would come of it if he attack her but my other hand rested in the handle of my sword that was attached to the brown belt wrapped around my hip just in case.

“You think that a simple threat will deny me my right, little king? Aslan knows that if I do not have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned, and perish, in fire and water.” She said looking at Peter in disgust.

“Enough, I shall talk with you alone.” Aslan said and turned around to walk inside the tent. Time passed slowly as Aslan and Jadis talked inside the tent. Courtney was sitting on my lap with my arms wrapped around her and I was leaning on Peter’s shoulder who was deep in thought again. I looked around to see Edmund picking at the grass until Lydia grabbed his hand to stop him giving it a squeeze and smiled at him lightly, causing him to give a sad smile back, but never let go of her hand. Lucy was on Susan’s lap as Susan and Michael talked softly to each other.

“The Witch has denounced her claim on Edmund” Aslan said once both of them walked out of the tent. We all cried happily and stood up and tackled Edmund in a hug.

“How will I know your promise will be kept?” Jadis asked smugly. This caused Aslan to roar angrily, and the white witch to fall into her seat. All of laughed at the sight of the witch’s surprise. The witch leaved immediately and looked at Aslan as he sighed and walked back into his tent. I walked away from the group and towards the tent, once outside I said, “knock, knock” while walking in. Aslan looked at me while I asked, “Everything alright?”
“Yes, everything is alright, Edmund will be fine.” He said somewhat sadly.

“I meant are you alright…” I asked walked up to him and placing my hand on his head and kneeling down to his height, looking him in the eyes.

“Thank you High Queen Sarah,” Aslan said smiling lightly, “I will be fine as well.” I looked at him skeptically but left it alone, he would tell me if he wanted to. I nodded and scratched his head lightly before turning and walking out of the tent, towards where Susan was.

Next Morning:

I woke up to the feeling that something wasn’t right. I slipped my Dark blue dress on and put my hair in a high ponytail with the dark blue ribbon I used yesterday and woke the others telling them it was time to get up. Courtney dressed in her usual and Lydia dressed in a red dress similar to mine and pulled her hair back into a fishtail braid with a matching red ribbon holding it together in a bow. We all walk out and towards Aslan’s tent just in time to see Michael and Edmund gathered outside and Peter walking out saying, “It is true, he's gone”

“What’s going on?” Lydia asked before I could say anything. The boys explain what had happened and where Lucy and Susan were.

“Then you'll have to lead us. There's a whole army out there waiting to follow you.” Edmund said.

“I can't” Peter said looking at his feet.

“Aslan believed you could.” I said while pulling his chin up so he could look at me, “And so do I.” I said proudly with a small smile.

“What are your orders?” Oreius asked. We all gathered around the map and planned our strategy.

I was changing onto my war outfit which consisted of: a long red dress, chain shirt that went to my elbows to protect my chest and a corset type cover over top of the chain to keep it in place. I tucked my daggers into my knee high boots and strapped my sword onto my hip. Lydia was wearing the same thing but a dark gold dress and she had her arrows strapped to her back. Courtney was wearing a dark red dress and had her dagger strapped to her hip but we weren’t gonna let her fight. Suddenly Peter walked in and asked, “Can I have a moment alone…with Sarah…” I finished pulling my hair into a tight twist bun to keep it out of the way while fighting, and turned to look at him.

“You okay?” I asked walking up to him once I saw his face, “What’s wrong?” I said slightly panicked, placing my hand on his arm, enjoying the warm it gave my hand.

“Sarah I…I” he sighed frustratedly and turned away from me and walking away slightly while rubbing his face with his hands.

“Peter?” I asked even more confused, walking up behind him, grabbing his arm and turning him around forcing him to face me. Suddenly Peter grabbed my face with both hands and gently pulled my face to his until our lips met. I was taken by surprise so it took me a minute to react. Smiling into his kiss I started to kiss back and slowly wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me while are lips moved in sync. My stomach bursted with fireworks and butterflies like it always did when he touched me but 10x stronger. I tangled my hands into his hair while Peter wrapped his arms around my waist smiling into the kiss, obviously liking my reaction. He pulled away so we could breathe and rested his forehead against mine. Panting slightly he said, “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.”

I smiled and said, “That makes two of us.”

“So does this mean…?” Peter asked hopefully.

I kissed his lips lightly in response and Peter deepened the kiss just when someone cleared their throat. We broke apart quickly and blushed a deep red. I looked at our siblings who were standing at the door smiling and trying not to laugh.

“It’s time to go.” Michael said chuckling and dragged everyone away with him. I turned to Peter still blushing who chuckled at my face and pulled me against his chest into a hug. I hugged back taking in his scent and buried my head in his shirt.

“Sarah…do me a favor…” Peter said slowly.

“Anything.” I said pulling away slightly took look him in the eyes.

“Stay safe” Peter started, “I don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to you…I don’t know if I could take another river incident- I almost lost you then and-“ He started to rant. I stopped him with a light kiss on the lips and said, “Don’t worry about me; I’ll be fine…just look after yourself.” Peter looked at me still not completely sure of this war yet but nodded anyway and wrapped his arm around my waist and walked into the sun with me leaning into his chest slightly.

One Hour Later:

Lydia was on top of the cliffs leading the archers since Susan wasn’t here and Peter was standing in-between Edmund and myself in front of the whole army.

“They come, you highnesses, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own.” The Gryphon panted slightly towards us.

“Numbers do not win a battle” Oreius said.

“No, but I bet they help” Peter said nervously.

“We can do this!” I said determinedly from the black stallion I was riding, looking around to everyone. “You are all brave, kind, and strong warriors! Believe in yourself and nothing can stop us from winning this!” I yelled towards everyone trying to boost their confidence. They all started to look slightly more confident and I trotted back to my place next to Peter as he asked Oreius, Edmund and I, “Are you with me?”

“To the death!” Oreius said while swinging his sword.

With one last look at me Peter yelled “FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!” while pulling out his sword and charging towards the witched army. I pulled out my sword and cantered after him hoping to god this would go well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long but they finally hook up!!! ek!! haha hope you guys liked it!!

Rate, Comment, Subscribe, and Message!!!!

-Sam

Sarah's War Outfit: http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00399/THE_CHRONICLES_OF_N_399388a.jpg (Susan's outfit)

**BANNERS PLEASE!!!!!!!**