Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Nine

“Oh my god….” I said softly to myself and ran after Courtney and Lucy, with the others at my heals. The place was trashed: the furniture was scratched up and turned over, and there was broken glass everywhere. I looked at the door, observing the marks on the door, only to realize they looked like claw marks from a wolf or bear.
‘What the..?’ I asked myself.
“Who would do something like this?” Lucy asked softly. Peter walked over to where a letter was nailed to the wall.
“Faun Tumnus,” Peter began reading out loud, “Is here by charged with high treason against our imperial majesty Jadis Queen of Narnia with comforting enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Morgrin, Captain of the secret police. Long live the Queen.” Peter finished. Susan snatched the letter out of his hand and read it over quickly to herself.
“Now we really should go back.” Susan said worriedly, looking at all of us.
“But, what about Mr. Tumnus?!” Courtney cried.
“If he was arrested for being with a human, I don’t think there is much we can do.” Mike said agreeing with Susan.
“You just don’t get it do you!” Lucy snapped, “Were the humans!” She continued motioning to Courtney and herself.
“She must of found out he helped us.” Courtney said thoughtfully.
“Maybe we could call the police.” Lydia suggested trying to be helpful.
“These are the police” I said motioning to the papers in Susan’s hands, sounding rather rude. “Don’t worry guys we’ll think of something.” I said with a sad smile, and turning toward them.
“Why? I mean he’s a criminal!” Edmund snapped. Lydia looked at him murderously causing him to shut up.
“PSST!” we heard from outside.
“Did that bird just ‘Psst!’ us?” Mike asked confused.
“PSST!” we heard again, we slowly filled out with Peter in front. Once we were outside something started to move about in the bushes. I grabbed a hold of Peters hand and clutched his upper arm with my free hand. Peter gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as everyone, apart from Edmund, gathered together. Suddenly a beaver came out of nowhere.
“It’s a beaver…” Lucy stated slightly confused. Peter reached his free arm forward while saying. “Here boy.”
“Well I ain’t gonna smell it if that’s what you want.” It said. We all jumped slightly, shock clearly written on all our faces, while Lucy, and Courtney simply giggled like this wasn’t new.
“Oh Sorry” Peter said blushing and stood back up and in front of us. I squeezed his hand again and shifted so I was standing next to him instead of behind him. The beaver looked behind us at Lucy and Courtney and asked, “Are you Lucy Pevensie and Courtney Sanders?”
“Yes” Lucy said warily while taking a step forward with Courtney on her heals.
“Mr. Tumnus gave this to me just before they took him…” The beaver explained, showing us a white handkerchief.
“My handkerchief!” Lucy exclaimed while walking forward to take it back.
“Is he alright?” Courtney asked worriedly, following Lucy.
“This way” The beaver said while turning around and disappearing into the forest. Peter, Lucy, Courtney and I started to make our way to follow him but both Susan and Michael grabbed our coats to stop us.
“What are you doing?” Susan whispered lowly.
“Su’s right guys, how do we know we can trust him?” Lydia said skeptically.
“He said he knew the Faun Tumnus, and the Faun helped the girls…” I said simply.
“He’s a beaver, he shouldn’t be saying anything!” Susan exclaimed quietly.
“Everything alright?” Beaver asked popping up again.
“Yes, we were just talking.” I explained before they could say anything.
“Wait until you’re undercover.” Beaver whispered while scanning the area. Once he was done surveying the area he turned around and disappeared again.
“He means the tress” Courtney explained looking around also then Courtney and Lucy started to follow the beaver. I started to follow as well when something stopped me. That’s when I realized I was still holding Peters hand. I blushed a deep red and muttered a quiet sorry as I let go and ran to catch up with Lucy and Courtney. Lydia caught up giggling. I glared at her and bumped her with my hip, only to make her laugh harder.
“Come on! Don’t want to get caught out here after night fall.” Beaver said. After about 2 hours it was dusk and we were all cold, wet, and hungry. We finally came up to a cute but very small little dame, also known as Beavers house, on a frozen over creek.
“Oh blyme! Looks like the old girls got the kettle going! Nice cup of Rosalie, eh?” Beaver said happily. I smiled at him warmly and Lucy said, “It’s Lovely!”
“Oh! Don’t flatter me!” Beaver laughed, “It still needs a bit of work.”
“Beaver is that you?” We heard a voice say from inside the home, “I’ve been worried sick, If I find out you’ve been out with Badger again-‘’ another beaver walked out of the house, who I assumed to be Mrs. Beaver.
“Oh!” she said surprised, “those aren’t badgers” She continued. “I never thought I’d live to see the day! Look at my fur! You couldn’t give me a 10 minute warning!” She ranted on madly yet excitedly, which caused me to smile.
“I would of If I thought it would have helped.” Beaver muttered earning a glare from Mrs. Beaver.
“Come on inside and let’s see if we can get you warmed up and fed with some…civilized company.” She stated.
Beaver laughed nervously and shook his head, while following his wife into their home. We squeezed in after him. It was very small inside so Lydia and Edmund sat on the small steps at the door, while Susan and Michael stood nearby. Peter, Lucy and Courtney took the bench so I sat on the floor next to the table.
“Isn’t here anything we can do to help Mr. Tumnus?” Peter asked.
“They already took him to the witch’s house and you know what they say, there are few who go in those gates that come out again.”
Mrs. Beaver laughed nervously, “fish n’ chips dears?” she asked setting the food on the table, “But don’t worry there is still hope!” She continued patting Lucy’s arm softly.
“Oh Yeah! There’s a whole lot of hope!” Beaver said excitedly, “Aslan is on the move…” He whispered.
“Who’s Aslan?” Michael asked after a long period of silence.
“ha-ha-ha-ha! Who’s Alsan?!” Beaver laughed, slamming his mug down on the table in the process. “You cheekily little fly.” Mrs. Beaver punched him in the shoulder and motioned to our confused faces.
“You don’t know do ya?” Beaver asked.
“Well we haven’t exactly been here long.” Peter snapped slightly.
“Well he’s only the real King of Narnia.” Beaver explained.
“He’s been away for a long time…” Mrs. Beaver said soothingly.
“But he’s back! And he’s waiting for you at the Stone Table!” Beaver exclaimed, becoming frustrated.
“Waiting for us?” I asked.
“You’ve got to be joking!! They don’t even know about the prophecy!” Beaver exclaimed clearly frustrated now.
“Well then….” Mrs. Beaver said motion toward us.
“Look…Aslan returns, Tumnus arrest, the secret police! It’s all happening because of you!” Beaver explained loudly.
“You’re blaming us?!” Susan accused offendingly.
“NO! Not blaming you! Thanking You!” Mrs. Beaver clarified, “There’s a prophecy…When Adam’s flesh and Adam’s bone sits at Cair Paravail in throne, the evil will be over and done.” She continued.
“You know that doesn’t exactly rhyme.” Susan said smartly.
“You’re missing the point!” Beaver said. “It’s been long for told that 4 sons of Adam and 4 daughters of Eve would defeat the white witch and restore peace in Narnia.”
“I think you’ve made a mistake! We’re not heroes!” Peter said while standing up.
“We’re from Finchley.” Michael agreed.
“Thanks for your hospitality but we really have to go!” Susan said impatiently.
I began to stand up to talk it over with Peter when Beaver said, “But you can’t just leave!” Beaver said.
“Besides what about Mr. Tumnus?!” Both Lucy and Courtney exclaimed
“I’m sorry but it out of our hands!” Peter said determinedly, “Its time the 8 of us are getting back.” He continued. I was about to argue when Peter said, “No Sarah we can’t help” quietly.
“But Peter,” I argued quietly back.
“No!” Peter said firmly.
“What makes you think it’s your choice Peter! Do you even care what other people think?!” I argued back my voice getting louder. I could feel everyone’s eyes on us but ignored them. I turned to ask Lydia and Edmund what they thought but that when I realized they weren’t there. “Lydia? Edmund?” I asked loudly looking around for them.
“I’m gonna kill them!” Peter snarled.
“You might not have too….have they been here before?” Beaver asked.
“Edmund has, not Lydia though….” I said worriedly my sentence trailing off.
“She must have followed him…” Michael said looking at me with pure horror on his face. We all rushed to grab our coats and ran out after them, but we were too late they were already entering the castle by the time we arrived.
“EDMUND! LYDIA!” Lucy called after them.
“Shh!!!!” Beaver said, “They’ll hear ya!” Beaver continued.
“NO!” Beaver yelled when Peter tried to run after them, “You’re playing into their hands! They’ve already got Lydia! They want all of ya!” Beaver explained quickly.
“We can’t just let them go!” Michael yelled.
“They’re our family!” Courtney cried.
“He’s the bait! She wants all eight of you! She’s already got Lydia!” Beaver explained again.
“Why?” Peter asked forcefully.
“To stop the prophecy from happening! To kill you!” Beaver yelled becoming anxious.
“This is all your fault!” Susan yelled at Peter.
“MY FAULT?!” Peter yelled back turning around to face her.
“None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!” Susan yelled back.
“So you knew this would have happened?!” Peter shot back
“I didn’t know what would happen, which is why we should of left while we still could!” Susan ranted yelling back.
“STOP IT!” Both Courtney and I yelled at the same time.
“This isn’t helping them!” Lucy said softly
“Lucy’s right, only Aslan can help them now.” Beaver said remorsefully.
“Then take us to him.” I said determinedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Here's part nine!
Feedback would be nice people! nothing makes a reader feel worse about themselves then no feedback or comments!
Message, rate, subscrice, comment!
-Sam