Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Cause Real Life Just Isn’t Right

"Lanie, dear!" Lanie looked up from the book she had been reading when her foster mothers calls rang up the stairs. "There is someone here for you, a handsome fellow too, I might add." Lanie frowned, set the book down on the window seat beside her before standing up. She is now 4 months pregnant and showing a little. Her stomach had swelled. She took to wearing hoodies and baggy shirts to school but people still whispered around her, questioning. They were getting out for summer break though in about a month though, and when they returned from school, she'd be 8 months pregnant, only coming back for two weeks before leaving to have her baby and everyone would be shocked that quiet little Lanie Eastman is a mother.

"Who is it?" Lanie questioned as she went down the stairs.

"A fine fellow by the name of Alex." Lanie froze, about five steps from the bottom. What was Alex doing here? "Hurry up, Lanie, don't keep your guest waiting." Bekka scolded, making Lanie sigh and finish her decent down the stairs.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" Lanie questioned when, sure enough there stood Alex by the front door, both he and Bekka smiling at the teen.

"Thought I'd come by and say hi." He said cheerfully.

"He sure is a sweetheart, this one. How do you know him, Lanie? Friend from school?" Lanie nodded and smiled softly.

"Yeah, from school. I need to talk to him outside." Lanie took Alex's arm and with one last smile to Bekka, wrenched open the door and pulled Alex outside and onto the front porch. "Alex, what are you doing here?" She questioned as soon as she had shut the door after him, his smile quickly sliding off.

"I want to tell them. Today. Right now." Lanie frowned up at her boyfriend as if he had grown a second head.

"What? No. I told you, I want to-"

"Lanie, please. I just want them to know already. Bekka loves me, you saw, she'll have no problem with it, I can just tell. Please." Lanie sighed and shook her head, her blue eyes filling with tears.

"Not yet, Alex. Please." She begged him. "I'm not ready yet. I... I can't bare to think that what if they don't accept it? They can have you arrested in a second." She spoke as a few tears began to leak from her eyes

"Nothing will happen to you, Lanie." He spoke, staring down at her tear covered face. "It's me who will be affected most by this, you will continue to live here, be loved, have a family, it's me who would be arrested, I am ready to take that risk though. I need to, for you, I would, and I will." Lanie stared up at him in silence for at least a minute. "Baby, please." He whispered. She closed her eyes and nodded.

"Okay. We can tell them right now." She opened her eyes to see him smiling again.

"I promise baby, everything will be fine." She nodded and brought her hand up to wipe away the tears.

"So... you ready, then?" She questioned, making him nod. "Let's go then." She took his hand and led him back inside where her foster parents were sitting on the couch, watching TV. "We need to talk to you." She said to them, making them frown.

"This is starting out oddly like it did when you told us you were pregnant." Rick said, making everyone smile.

"Well.... I am pregnant but... that's not news. This has to do with it though." She said, looking over at Alex who nodded and took her hand tightly in his.

"I know you guys have thought that.... Matt... Is the father of this baby but... he's not. Matt and I have never dated, never even thought about dating him. I've had a boyfriend for longer than I've even known him. Alex is my boyfriend and the father of my baby." Lanie spoke, feeling Alex's hand squeeze hers.

"Why have you been hiding this wonderful man from us for so long, Lanie?" Bekka asked, smiling at Alex who smiled nervously back, his confidence now gone.

"He's.... he is my.... uh...." Lanie sighed. "... teacher." Everyone was silent, both Bekka and Rick's face full of shock before Bekka began smiling again.

"Alex... how old are you?" She asked him politely.

"23 ma'am." He answered her.

"Not that much older, at least you aren't some 50 year old creep." Bekka said, laughing, making Alex smile, still a little nervous as Rick looked ready to kill.

"You aren't mad, Bekka?" Lanie asked, feeling a little better but she too was nervous, waiting for Rick to explode as his face turned a little red but he stayed silent.

"No, dear. Truth be told... I once dated a teacher too. I was a senior, just turned 18, he was 25 and as handsome as could be, he was my Algebra teacher. We dated for about 6 months before he found someone else, someone his age." Lanie's eyes grew wide.

"You dated one of your teachers?" She questioned, making Bekka nod. "And to think, I was all worried you'd have Alex arrested the second we told you, that's why it's taken me so long to tell you, I didn't want to lose him." Bekka stood up and came over to the couple who still had their hands linked together tightly.

"And you won't lose him, sweetheart, not because of us at least. We support whatever decision you make." Lanie smiled, let go of Alex's hand and hugged her foster mother.

"Thank you, Bekka, really, it means a lot to me."

"To us." Alex corrected, making both girls smile at him.

"Of course. Rick, won't you say something?" They all turned to look at the man who still sat on the couch, his face red and his jaw clenched. He stood up and quickly left the room, seconds later they heard a door slam down the hall. "Well... don't worry about him, just give him some time for it to settle in." Lanie and Alex nodded.

"Do you mind if I kidnap Lanie for the night? Promise to have her home tomorrow in time for dinner." Alex asked as Lanie stepped closer to him, smiling as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Of course not, take her, just be careful with her, she's a very temperamental pregnant woman right now, she may snap at any second." Lanie laughed sarcastically and left the room, going up the stairs, stomping on every step, making the two of them laugh. "Told you." Bekka whispered to the man who laughed again before following his girlfriend up the stairs.

As soon as they were in her room, she jumped on him, a huge smile on her face.

"I told you everything would work out, babe!" He said as she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

"I know. I'm so happy!" He grinned and pecked her lips.

"I am too. We get to be together here at your house and not get in trouble, I can be the father of your baby and everything will work out."

"Well that is if Rick comes around." Alex nodded and shrugged a shoulder.

"He will. No one can resist me." Lanie rolled her eyes but smiled none the less.

"I know I sure can't." She said before pressing her lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
not too happy with how i wrote thisbut hope you enjoy. (: