Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Just As Long As I'm With You.

"So, you want to know the sex of the baby, huh?" Jake's mom asked when she walked into the exam room where Lanie and Alex sat.

"Yeah, we have names picked out and we just wanna know which one we will be using." Lanie spoke, smiling at the woman who she had grown up with who smiled back.

"And she just wants to start decorating the guest bedroom already." Lanie giggled at Alex's words and nodded.

"So have you guys worked everything out with your foster parents, Lanie? Jake told me you were thinking about telling them about Alex."

"Yeah, we told them a few weeks ago. Bekka took it well, Rick hasn't really spoken to me much. I've been spending most of my time with Alex anyway. I go home to sleep on weekdays, but that's about it." Mrs. Papperman nodded.

"So, shall we start this ultrasound then?" Lanie grinned and nodded. Mrs. Papperman turned down the lights, had Lanie lay down on the bed and raised up her shirt. "This may be cold." She said as she squirted blue gel onto Lanie's tummy. Lanie reached back, searching for Alex's hand, finding it easily as he brought it out to her, making them both smile as their fingers wove together. "Alright, here we go." She brought out the wand and pressed it to Lanie's stomach.

They all stared at the screen for a few seconds before Mrs. Papperman began to smile widely.

"You're baby looks very healthy so far. See the head right there, oh there's a hand." She pointed to these things on the screen. Alex's mouth had dropped open while Lanie had a few tears leaking down her cheeks as they looked at their baby on the screen. "So, I can easily see what you are having. Do you wanna know?" Both of them nodded vigorously, making her smile. "It's a boy." Lanie turned her head and smiled happily at Alex as more tears leaked from her eyes. He leaned down and kissed her forehead, wiping away some of her tears with his thumb as a few tears of his own slid from his eyes. "Let me just print these pictures really quickly and then you are free to go. Everything looks perfect, Lanie."

After Mrs. Papperman cleaned up Lanie's stomach, turned back on the lights she got the pictures and gave them to the happy couple.

"See you in a few weeks than."

"Thank you so much." Lanie brought the older woman into a tight hug.

"Of course, Lanie. I always told your mom that I would be your doctor when you had a baby. None of us knew it would be so soon, but true love doesn't wait, does it?" Both Lanie and Alex smiled at her. "I know that if your parents were around, they would love Alex. They would accept how he's older than you and just be happy that he makes you happy because it's obvious that he does."

"Very much so." Mrs. Papperman smiled and hugged Lanie again before leaving the room.

"Ready to go, baby?" Lanie nodded at Alex and they both left the room as well, going out of the building and to Alex's Range Rover. They just sat in their seats in silence for a few minutes. "Colton. We're having a boy. Wow..." Alex finally said.

"I'm so happy. Everything is just so good right now, it's almost unreal." Alex reached over and took Lanie's hand.

"Wanna go shopping? I know you are just dying to get cute boy stuff now." Lanie laughed and nodded.

"I think we should start decorating the baby's room." Alex nodded.

"We can go get paint if you want? Me and the guys can paint the room while you and the girls go out and get like a crib, changing table and all that furniture stuff."

"Sure. That sounds good." Instead of starting the car, Alex leaned over and pressed his lips to Lanie's softly.

"I love you, Lanie." Lanie smiled and kissed him softly before pulling back to press her forehead to his.

"I love you too, Alex, so very much." He grinned and pecked her lips once more before leaning back into his seat and starting up the car. Lanie looked down at her stomach, rubbing her hand back and forth on it.

"Colton Daniel Gaskarth... you're parents love you so much." She spoke softly to her baby who gave a gentle kick, making Lanie smile. "I know... You love us too." Alex looked over at Lanie, a smile on his face as he thought how lucky he was to have such a gorgeous girl to be all his. Forever and always.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm working on a new Alex story so if you could please check it out. I have been working days on it. Through The Lens