Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

He Falls To His Knees

"So, what do you think so far?" Alex asked the group huddled in the nursery that he and his girlfriend had just finished decorating. The walls were a soft blue color, a color they had picked out a few weeks ago. There was a dark wood crib, with matching changing table, dresser, bookshelf, and rocking chair also placed in the room. There was also a blue and white rug on the floor, with cute little baby elephants on it.

There was no clothes or stuffed animals or bedding in the crib yet as they had yet to buy any of that and also Kara was planning a baby shower for them in about two weeks.

"It's so cute, you guys!" Kara said, looking around the nursery. Lanie smiled and leaned back in Alex's arms, also admiring the room as Alex's hand ran up and down her 28 week pregnant belly.

Lanie and her friends finished school a few weeks previous. Lanie decided that instead of having the baby and then coming back to school, she instead took the proficiency exam, which if passed, means you can leave high school. So she took it, and passed it perfectly, meaning she was no longer in high school. Matt was contemplating on taking it but his foster mother didn't really want him to do it so for the time being, he had to stick out one more year of school while Lanie got to raise her baby with Alex.

"How much longer until I get to see the baby? I want it now!" Jack yelled, making everyone laugh.

"Like two more months, Jacko." Alex answered, making the tall and lanky man pout and cross his arms over his chest, which made everyone laugh.

"I'm hungry." Lanie pulled out her phone and looked to see that it was almost 6:30. She turned around in Alex's arms. "We have to be at my house for dinner in 15 minutes." She told him making him nod.

"You all must leave now. We have to get ready for dinner with her parents." Everyone grumbled but nodded and began to leave the room anyway, bidding their farewells to the happy couple.

After everyone was gone, Lanie changed clothes, changing from a tank top to one of Alex's t-shirts as she had left all of her maternity shirts at her house.

"Ready, gorgeous?" Alex asked her when she walked out of his bedroom. She smiled and nodded, taking his hand as he led the way out of the house and to his car where he opened the door for her, allowing her to get in.

"I think Colton is excited to be seeing his grandparents." Lanie commented as her baby kicked against her stomach, making her cringe a little as it was quite uncomfortable.

"Little baby Colton, stop hurting your momma. Don't kick her quite so hard." Alex brought one hand off the wheel and over to Lanie's stomach, rubbing small circles on the spot where Colton was kicking. Lanie smiled when Colton actually did calm down a little bit under his fathers touch.

"You sure are going to be a daddies boy, aren't you? You always listen to him and kick when he comes in the room, you sure love him." Alex grinned and continued to rub her belly.

"He loves his mommy too." Lanie smiled and nodded.

"I know that he does. Just like his mommy loves him."

"His daddy loves him as well." Alex's hand rested on Lanie's stomach for the remainder of the drive to Lanie's house and even when he parked the car in front of the house, he just turned and placed his other hand on her stomach, leaning down to kiss it before moving his lips up to meet hers in a soft and gentle kiss. "You know who else his daddy loves?" Lanie smiled and shook her head, bringing her hand up to rest on his stubble covered cheek.

"Who?" She questioned softly, running her thumb back and forth across the rough skin.

"You." He said before placing his lips on hers once more. "Come on, we should go inside." Lanie nodded and removed her hand from his cheek as he got out of the car, coming to her side quickly to help her from the Range Rover. He took her hand as they made their way up to the door.

When they walked in, they were greeted with the wonderful smell of Bekka's roast beef and potatoes which made Lanie's mouth water. She rushed into the kitchen, pulling Alex behind her.

"This smells amazing!" Lanie said when they walked into the kitchen to see Bekka plating it all.

"Oh, thank you, sweetheart!" Bekka came over and kissed both of their cheeks and patted Lanie's tummy, which was something she did every time she saw Lanie. "Hope you guys are hungry." They both nodded and grabbed plates, bowls and cups and with Rick's help carried it all into the dining room where they all sat down and began to eat. "So, how are things?"

"Great! We have the nursery basically done. All painted and set up, all ready to go for the baby shower in two weeks." Lanie explained as she shoveled food into her mouth, making Alex grin at how much more than him she could eat.

"That's wonderful. Everything going okay with baby Colton?" Lanie nodded and rubbed her belly.

"He loves to kick." Bekka smiled and nodded.

"You're 28 or 29 weeks pregnant?"

"28. I'm due on September 16th."

"That's so great. Can't believe so much time has passed already. Are you excited, Alex?" Alex grinned and nodded.

"I wish time would go by faster. Everything's all ready, put together, we're prepared, just needs to be that time already."

"What are doing for money now that schools out, Alex?" Rick questioned. Rick rarely talked when Alex was around, which was really all the time. Lanie was never really apart from him, and Rick hated it.

"Me and my band have been selling CD's and merch and things like that. We've been making a decent amount from that."

"His band is actually going to do a small, two week tour across the east coast." Lanie said, smiling at Alex who grinned back at her.

"Oh really? That's marvelous! When do you leave?" Bekka asked while Rick just glared at the young man.

"Well actually... we leave tomorrow night after a local show we are playing. We'll be back the day before the baby shower." Alex explained to the two parents, one of which nodded and smiled at him, while the other just continued to glare.

"I was going to go with them. Help with merch and things like that, nothing too hard."

"I don't think that's a good idea, going on tour when you are 7 months pregnant." Rick growled, making everyone turn to him. Lanie rolled her eyes.

"It will be fine, Rick. It's two weeks. The guys won't let anything happen to me anyway."

"Really sir, she will be safe with us, there is no need to worry, she won't leave my sight." Rick just grumbled incoherently under his breath and went back to his food, making Lanie shake her head and go back to her own food while Alex and Bekka sat there awkwardly.

After they all finished eating, Alex and Lanie helped Bekka clean up while Rick disappeared into his office down the hall.

"I'm sorry about him." Bekka apologized as she rinsed off some plates.

"It's okay, really. He'll come around as soon as he see's what a cute baby Alex and I have created." Lanie said, making the two of them smile.

"Of course. Are you two staying here tonight? You are more than welcome to."

"Sure, we would love to. I'll make breakfast in the morning. You haven't had my pancakes yet, Bekka, they are to die for." Lanie nodded in agreement.

"They are the best I have ever had." Bekka laughed and nodded.

"Sounds good. I'll see you two in the morning than." Lanie smiled and kissed her foster mom's cheek before taking Alex's hand and leading the way up to her bedroom.

"I love your foster mom." Alex said as they laid down on her bed. She nodded her head, which was placed on his chest.

"Me too. If only Rick liked you. He used to be awesome too." Alex shrugged.

"He'll come around eventually." Lanie felt a sudden rush of exhaustion rush through her, making her yawn. "You tired, baby?" She just nodded as her eyes began to fall shut. "Get some sleep then, sweetheart." She reached up with as much strength as she could and pressed her lips to his gently.

"I love you, Lex." She said groggily as she slipped off to sleep.

"I love you too, baby girl, forever and always." He whispered to the quite room and kissed her forehead before he too fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been a little while longer than usual. I have been wrapped up in my new story.
check it out
Through The Lens

I leave to go live with my bro and his wife Tuesday morning and so if I don't update tomorrow, I probably won't update until thursday at the earliest, on either story.

so... comment. (: