Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

We Came From Nothing

Time flew by so quickly that if someone asked Lanie what the date was, she would get so frazzled, run her hands through her long, once again dirty blonde hair, before giving up and shrugging. Her day was filled with dirty diapers, baby formula, pacifiers, a screaming baby and toys that made all sorts of noises, most of which gave the young mother a piercing headache but she bore though it like a champ.

She had truly become a stay at home mother. Every evening at 6 o'clock, there would be dinner on the table and when Alex returned from work at 4, the place was always clean, apart from whatever toys may have been on the floor that Colton was playing with. The laundry was also always done, Lanie had even began helping Alex grade his papers.

It was currently December 10th, just a few days away from Alex's birthday, which would mark the one year anniversary of the day that they technically got together. School was getting out much sooner this year and was getting out on the 15th, which was Friday. Little did Alex know, his friends were throwing him a party. Lanie had decided to do it, as he had been working so hard lately and deserved a night to just let go and have fun.

She had almost everything planned. Who was coming, what they were bringing, what she still needed to get, where Colton was staying for the night, which was with Alex's parents, and every other little detail that was needed. The hardest part was keeping it a secret.

They were having it Friday so Lanie and the guys, along with Kara, would help Lanie set up the house while Alex was at school and so when he came home, they would surprise him and the party would begin.

Along with Alex's birthday and them being together for one year, it was also creeping up on another event. The death of Lanie's parents. With Lanie's busy life, she hadn't really thought too much about it, but then Jake brought it up the day before when he had come over to hang out with Lanie and Colton while Alex had to stay late for a meeting, and now it was all Lanie could think about.

One year. And so much has happened in just that one year. She had lost friends, made new friends, found love, had heartbreak, had tragedy strike, and created life.

"Have you seen my other shoe?" Lanie turned from the mirror where she had been applying her makeup to find Alex standing in the doorway, one grey Nike in his hand.

"Did you check under the bed? You kick things a lot, you may have kicked it under the bed to get it out of your way or something." She spoke, turning back to her appearance. He nodded and left the room, going to search in the place she had suggested, finding that she was right. "Was it there?" She called out to him.

"Yes, it was, thank you." He answered as he slipped on the shoes before making his way back into the bathroom where his girlfriend had just finished her makeup. "Well, I'm leaving." He spoke, walking up behind her to wrap his arms around her waist, staring at her in the mirror. She leaned back into his chest and rested her hands on top of his.

"Alright. Have a good day." He nodded and turned his head to press his lips to the soft skin of her neck.

"You too. I'll see you when I get home, kay?" She nodded and turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'll see you then." He smiled down at her and leaned down to kiss her lips softly. "I love you." She whispered. He kissed her forehead before pulling away from her.

"I love you, sweetheart." He smiled at her once more before leaving the bathroom to go say goodbye to his sleeping son and then leave. Lanie, meanwhile, leaned back against the sink and sighed, running a hand through her hair.

She wanted nothing more than to talk to Alex about what she was feeling, the depression that rippled through her, tugging at her, but she didn't want to ruin his happiness. So, rather than focus on her urge to cry, the teen pushed away from the sink and left the bathroom, flicking off the light as she left.

As she left their bedroom, she heard the front door close, meaning he was gone. She went into the kitchen and got a bottle ready for Colton before going to get him from his crib. Her days were just a routine, the same thing over and over again.

It was a very repetitive lifestyle, but Lanie loved it and wouldn't really want it to change. She had two amazing men in her life that she wouldn't want to give up. They were her family and though there was one more man she wished was still in her life, she was still content, for the most part, with what she had.

______

"I can not believe that it's already been one year since you and I met and you and Alex got together." Kara commented as her and Lanie browsed through the racks of clothing at Charlotte Russe.

It was Friday, the day of Alex's birthday party. His birthday was yesterday and went amazingly, Lanie woke him up with breakfast in bed before they, along with Colton, cuddled in bed for a little bit before he left for work. He came home to a nice barbecue with his parents and her foster parents.

Lanie dropped Colton off at Alex's parents this morning, where he will stay for the remainder of the day and tomorrow morning. The guys are over at the house right now, setting up the decorations for tonight, while Kara and Lanie decided to go out and get new outfits for the party.

"I know. A lot has happened this past year, it passed by so quickly. I don't even know where the time went." Lanie agreed.

The girls soon found dresses and shoes, so they made their way back to the house, to see that the guys were almost finished decorating. They had 1 more hour until school let out, so Zack went to go get drinks and snacks, Rian and Jack went to go get the cake, and Lanie and Kara went to Alex and Lanie's bedroom, tossing their purchases on the bed before making their way to the bathroom to do each others hair.

Kara did Lanie's in a half up-do, curling what hung down, while Lanie curled Kara's in soft waves. They then did their makeup, Lanie having pink eye shadow to match her new pink dress and shoes, while Kara's was black eye shadow to match her new dress. By the time they were done with their hair and makeup, the guys had returned and were downstairs, having only 15 minutes now until Alex returned.

People soon began to show up. Alex's tour buddies, as well as the bands crew, and a few of the guy's other friends were here. When Lanie and Kara walked out into the room full of all guys, apart from Rian's new girlfriend, Cassadee, they got sounds of approval from them all.

"He's here!" Jack yelled, peeking out the front window. Everyone got quiet as Lanie went to the door, yanking it open as her boyfriend walked up the stairs.

"Well don't you look gorgeous!" He commented, leaning down to kiss her lips gently before he looked into the living room to see everyone gathered around, smiling at him. "What's going on?" He questioned while Lanie just smiled and took his hand, pulling him into the room.

"Happy Birthday!" They all yelled, making him break into a wide grin.

"You thought that we wouldn't do something huge to mark you're birthday?" Lanie questioned while someone started the stereo, loud music rushing over the room.

"I thought the barbecue with our parents yesterday was it." Alex answered, making Lanie smile and shake her head.

"This is the real party! Colton is with your mom for the whole night. We have music, food, beer, what more could you ask for!" She yelled, making people cheer and Alex laugh.

"I could ask for a dance with my gorgeous girlfriend, who I was lucky enough to spend this day one year ago with." Lanie giggled at Alex's words and nodded, allowing him to pull her to the designated dancing area. They fell into the music and were lost in the music, the dancing, the happiness for the rest of the night. Nothing else mattered...
♠ ♠ ♠
Kara and Lanie's outfits

Sorry that it's been awhile. Senior year has started and it has been so amazing so far.
I am so happy with life right now, you don't even know. Planning for college already, and it is CRAZY. Might be moving back to Missouri though, rather than staying here. We shall see. Anywho, enough about my future.

I wanna know what you guys thought of this chapter! So comment! and don't forget, go subscribe to the Sequel, that will be starting VERY soon. <3