Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Give Faith A Fighting Chance.

The teen and her boyfriend were cuddled up in their bed, their limbs tangled together, their breathing even and in time with one another. It was 3 in the morning and this was the first time they were finally getting a peaceful sleep since they brought their son home two weeks ago.

The house was silent, every inhabitant of the house was fast asleep, even Alex's dog Baz was fast asleep, curled up on the carpet beside Colton's crib, who he was very protective of.

It had been a few hours since Colton had last had a bottle, so when he woke up and his shrill cries disrupted the silence and peace of the house, waking up the two young parents. Lanie sat up and rubbed at her eyes, while Alex rolled over, burying his face in his pillow. Lanie looked down at him and smiled before reaching down to brush at his tangled hair. She leaned down and kissed the side of his head.

"I'll take care of him, sweetheart, go back to sleep." She said quietly. He opened one eye and looked up at her.

"Are you sure?" He questioned groggily. She smiled and nodded, patting his shoulder before climbing from the bed. "Thank you, baby." He called to her as she left the room. She walked the short distance to her sons room. He wiggled and flailed in his crib, Baz standing at the bottom of the crib, staring up at him. Lanie patted the small dog on the head before reaching into the crib, taking her son in her arms.

"Hey, baby boy." She cooed to him as she carried him from the room and into the kitchen. It was no easy for her to make a bottle one handed, as she had to learn doing a lot of things one handed, she almost always had him in her arms.

Alex was a huge help though through everything, he was always willing to help take care of him, and almost always was the one to get up with him in the middle of the night, which is why Lanie offered to do it tonight, he deserved his rest, as he would be returning to work in the morning, having taken two weeks off, but now he had to return.

After feeding Colton, she put the bottle on the counter and walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, rocking the baby in her arms, trying to get him back to sleep, which after she walked around the living, rocking him, a few times, he was once again asleep. She smiled and went back to place him in his crib before making her way back to her own bedroom, this time Baz following her instead of staying with Colton.

"He back asleep?" Alex asked when Lanie curled back up under the blankets with him, resting her head on his chest while his arm went to wrap around her waist. Baz jumped up on the bed and curled up on Alex's other side, Alex reaching his free hand down to pet the dog absentmindedly.

"Yup. I thought you were asleep." Lanie said, tracing random shapes on her boyfriends bare chest.

"I can't sleep when you aren't beside me." He said, making her giggle.

"Well I'm here now, let's sleep." He leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

"Good idea." And with that, the couple slid back into a peaceful sleep.

______

"Thank you for coming over to help, Kara." Lanie said to her friend who smiled and waved away the comment.

"You know I will watch Colton every second of the day, if you needed. If you and Alex ever want a night to yourselves, I am always here. I love this kid to death." Kara spoke, holding the baby tightly in her arms. Lanie lounged out, relaxing in the reclining chair, smiling. "You look like you could use a nap." Kara said, laughing.

"No, I'm fine." Lanie spoke but even as she said it, her eyes drifted shut.

"Okay, go sleep. I've got Colton for a few hours. You deserve some sleep." Lanie opened her eyes and shook her head.

"No, it's fine. I want to spend some time with you." Kara rolled her eyes.

"And we can when you wake up and actually have energy to remember it."

"Are you sure?" Lanie asked her, making Kara nod. "Thank you so much, Kara."

"Of course," Kara said, smiling. "Now go." She pointed down the hall towards the bedroom, making Lanie smile.

The teen stood up and made her way to her bedroom, easily falling into the warm covers that were covered in the scent of her boyfriend, making an even wider smile drift to her lips. It wasn't as good as being wrapped in his arms, but in her exhausted mind, it was close enough.

She woke a few hours later, the room cast in complete darkness. She felt someone's presence beside her, making her turn to see Alex laying beside her, smiling.

"Well hey." She greeted, leaning over to press her lips to his, smiling when he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her on top of him.

"Have a nice nap?" He questioned her, running his hands up and down over her sides as she rested her head on his chest, nodding.

"How was school?" She asked him, bringing a hand up to play with his long dark brown hair.

"It was good. Everyone kept on asking about Colton. I showed them pictures." She lifted her head, looking into his eyes.

"None of them had me in them, right?" He smiled and shook his head.

"No, I just showed them one of just him, and then one of me holding him. I know not to show them you, they would all recognize you." She nodded and rested her head back on his shoulder.

"Did they all think he was cute?" She wondered.

"The cutest." Alex responded, making her smile.

"That's because he is." Alex laughed, making his chest rumble underneath her, which caused her to giggle.

"I love you." He said to her quietly. She lifted her head again and smiled softly at him.

"I love you too, Alex." He grinned and leaned forward and captured her lips in a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized that I never had Baz in the story before. :( and that makes me sad cause I friggin love that dog, so i thought I'd add him now. So, he's always been there, just never talked about.

Sequel is posted, there is still a number of chapters left in this, though, don't worry. So go and subscribe to the sequel now! :D