‹ Prequel: Shattered Secrets

You Are Loved, Baby.

18.

Brian was gone for quite a while, but about two hours after he left he called to check in, making my nerves fade just slightly.
"Hey Brian, how's my baby boy?" I questioned right as I answered.
"Blaik is fine, Nissa," Brian laughed, "But I just called to let you know that I'll be gone a little longer than expected... Uh, We're going to my place to pack up Michelle's shit."
I took a deep breath, "Oh," I murmured, "She's moving out?"
"Yeah. Her and Val think it's best." He coughed awkwardly, shuffling when the baby made noises in the back ground.
"Oh, okay." I murmured, "Just call me when you're bringing Blaik home."
For a second I though I heard Brian sigh but then he spoke, "Yeah, Of course I will."
I nodded to myself and said my goodbyes through the phone. Once Brian hung up I went back up stairs, leaving my cell phone on the coffee table in the living room. I peaked in on Bronx who sat at his computer, playing some kids' game online.

Bronx didn't notice me as I stood there, watching as he pushed his hair out of his eyes absently. I turned to go as he continued his game. I went to my own room and pulled my laptop onto my bed. I flipped it open and went to Google.
I searched Brian's name and waited for the articles to come up. When I didn't see what I was looking for I typed "Synyster Gates" into the search box.
My breath caught in my throat when I noticed pictures of Brian carrying Blaik around in the mall yesterday. I looked for an article, something that would tell me what people were assuming about Brian and Blaik. I clicked onto the second one that had an excerpt from the actual article.
"Synyster Gates seen at Huntington Beach Mall, yesterday. A usual place for him to be seen with fiancee Michelle Dibenedetto, but there was something quite unusual about this adventure to the mall. Synyster was seen buying baby accessories, a crib, a cars seat and a few other things. Our first thought was that the future Mrs. Haner Jr was stocking up on things for a new baby, one that had been mentioned before. However a familiar young woman was seen dragging Synyster Gates into a woman's restroom with a young child in her arms. Now we are wondering, could this child be Gates' son? And if so, how has he been kept out of the spot light? Why is Gates just now buying things for him and when was the unknown baby born?

I sighed and went back to Google, wondering if Brian was going to answer these questions publicly. Like in an interview. I messed around on the computer for about another half an hour doing nothing important but just looking up tour dates for random bands and things. Until Bronx came walking into my room with a glum look on his face.
I turned to face him while sitting in my chair, "What's wrong, baby?" I questioned with a small smile.
He sighed and climbed into my lap, "I'm bored, Mommy."
I put a thoughtful look on my face and wrapped my arms around him tightly as he rested his head against my chest, "I don't know what to tell, honey. Why don't you go play with Juliann?"
Bronx shook his head, "He's on the phone with his new friends."
I smiled at the fact that my brother was making new friends at his new school. "Did you make any friends at school, baby?" I asked while running my fingers through his thick, long hair.
Bronx just shrugged.
"What does that mean, Bronx?"
He shrugged again and looked up to me with wide eyes, "I met one boy," He muttered, "But I don't think he likes me."
"Why wouldn't he like you, Baby?" I questioned.
"Because he didn't want to play with me at recess. Just Thomas and those boys."
I sighed and comforted Bronx knowing that as soon as he let himself be himself that friends would be pouring in to play with him at recess. We watched T.V in my bed room for a while before I went and made lunch. We ate dinner at the table just Bronx and I seeing as one of Juliann's new friends came and picked him up for the afternoon.
While we ate I got a sense of what used to be. It was the same feeling that I used to get when Bronx was little and he was my only responsibility. Not two other boys as well. After lunch I called Brian to check in.
He said that the guys had shown up to help him move out all of Michelle's things.
"Where's Blaik?" I had asked, smiling at Bronx as he stood next to me playing the roll of the nervous older brother.
"Blaik is currently with Gena. She and Leana are ranting and raving over him. He's getting more love than his little body can handle." Brian sounded proud as he spoke. He sounded like everything was falling in place for him and he wouldn't have to worry much anymore. Well, except for the fact that his future wife was walking out of his life at this very moment. He sounded alright with all the life changes.

"When do you think that you'll be home?" I asked, "I mean, when do you think you'll bring Blaik home?"
Brian chuckled and then yelled out to Zacky in the background, asking when they would be done packing up Michelle's shit. "We'll be done here in about a half an hour, but the guys want to go out for dinner. Do you want to go? We can pick you up?"
I sighed and thought it over, knowing that this would be the time that we'd have to talk over all the choices that Brian and I made. "Uh, sure. What time?"
"Five? So that the boys can be to bed on time and everything?"
I smiled to myself, "Sure, Bri. Pick Bronx and I up around 4:30."
Bronx tugged on my shirt and looked up at me with a confused expression, "Where are we going Mommy?"
I replied, "Out to dinner with Brian, the band and some of Brian's friends."
"Yay!" He shouted and jumped up a few times, "Are Blaik and Juliann coming?"
I shrugged, "Blaik with be there, but Juliann wont be home until 7:30 so no."
Bronx grinned up at me and raced off towards his toy box in the living room.
"So I'll see you around 4:30 then?" I questioned into the phone hearing a chuckle in reply.
"Yeah, I'll be there," Brian told me, "Be ready.
I nodded, "I will be."
"See you later."
"Bye Bri."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for xGaskarthlovex.