Sequel: Say It Again
Status: Active Weekly

The Same Mistake

Saturday, January 10 - (2).

Lurking on the stairwell to the dungeons, Draco ran his hand through his pale blonde hair. His grey eyes were anxious as they surveyed Ellie and Ginny dripping snow onto the floor the Entrance Hall. “Shouldn’t you be further degrading our race outside with your filthy mudblood friend, Weasley?”

“Shouldn’t you be downstairs hiding your hideous face?” Ginny glared.

Ellie stepped between the two. Although she was still upset with Draco for not trusting her enough to confide in her, Ellie didn’t want to Ginny getting into a fight with him. “What do you want, Draco?”

He looked pointedly from Ellie to Ginny. Sighing with exasperation, Ellie turned to her friend. “You can go back outside, I’ll be fine,” and when Ginny cast her a look of skepticism, “I promise.”

Throwing one last glare of great loathing in Draco’s direction, Ginny trudged back outside. This left Ellie and Draco alone together in the Entrance Hall. Draco’s dark glare shifted to Ellie, she returned it with equal fury.

Ellie didn’t cross the tiled floor to Draco. Rather, she remained by the Entrance doors, arms folded across her puffy coat. “What is wrong with you! Why were you so rude to Ginny?”

“Rude?” Draco scoffed. “And here I thought I was being far too nice.”

Ellie rolled her eyes. “If you have nothing important to say to me, why did you bother me at all?”

Draco scowled deeply, he wasn’t going to grovel for Ellie. “Nothing important? Of course, the Dark Lord is nothing–“

Ellie seized Draco’s wrist in both of her hands, dragging him out of the Entrance Hall, through a hanging carpet portrait, and into a particularly deserted passageway. She dropped Draco’s wrist the instant they were hidden behind the carpet. “What is wrong with you?” Ellie hissed irate.

Ellie’s anger invoked a sense of deep satisfaction in Draco. She wasn’t going to act like he was just a nuisance. If he wanted to speak with her, she would be glad to hear what he had to say. “Hm,” he smirked. “That’s what I thought. You did want to hear didn’t you? You were so eager to find out what the Dark Lord had to say.”

Ellie yanked off her knit hat shoving it forcefully into her pocket. She stamped her boots on the cold floor. “Yes, I would like to hear. I would like to hear whether or not my family is still alive; whether or not I’ll still be alive at the end of the week; whether or not -!”

Draco grasped Ellie’s around the waist, tugging her toward her. He cut her off by crushing his mouth against her. His kiss burned against her mouth, drawing her closer. Ellie didn’t resist, she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck holding him closer to her.

When they needed to catch their breath, Ellie rested her head on Draco’s shoulder. She waited until Draco’s breathing had evened out. “Does that mean you’re sorry for being such a prick the other day?”

His arms tensed around her. It was a moment before Draco could get the words past his lips. “Yes, it does.”

“Apology accepted,” she whispered pressing a soft kiss against his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I won't be in town next week so I'll probably update again later this week to compensate for no update next week. In other news: Thanks to kyumi2, Jinx Killjoy, blueskittles, AprilJazmine, beba78 =]]].