Status: Will update quite frequently!

Leave It All Behind

o1.

"What if we just drop this whole thing and move the fuck out?"
There was a bottle of whiskey in my left hand and a pencil in my other. I was stood next to Gerard, leaning my back on his locker. I took a sip of the murky liquid in my hand and winced at its flavor. I passed it over to Gerard who embraced the foul tasted with open arms.
He looked at me and wrinkled his nose the way he usually does when deep in thought; "You mean quit college?" I thought for a second -I guess that is what I meant. "Fuck yeah," I say, "I've done four years of high school, I'm completely bored of this shit."
"I don't know, Frank, it's not like we do much, anyway. I mean, look at us! We're drinking endlessly in the middle of the hallway. We're practically drop-outs."
I considered the last fragment of his sentence -'practically' drop-outs. I smirked up at him with mischievous eyes. He looked a bit worried at first, but he knew all too well that this was bound to happen sooner or later; why not make it sooner? "So let's make it official." I grabbed the glass bottle from his fist and quickly finished what was left of the whiskey. I stuck the No.2 pencil inside the bottle, and threw it behind me, hearing the loud shatter of glass.
"At least let me consider! Frank!" He called out behind me but I was too entangled with excitement. My only reply was one I sort of regretted afterward, "I'm not asking you to marry me, Gee, c'mon." Instead of giving the comment a second thought, I made my way to the dean's office and waited almost too impatiently to speak with The Man, himself.

Gerard eventually caught up to me, whining and bitching about the fact that we would 'never meet our wildest dreams if we didn't have proper education under our belts' and it wasn't until he shut up that I thought about the only important thing at that moment.
"What's our excuse?" I ask, bluntly. He looks at me, his face red with anger. I almost want to burst out laughing at his appearance, but I know if I do I would most probably get my front teeth knocked out of my mouth -not that Gerard's violent in any way. He just seemed way too on the edge that second. I hide my small smile as I turn away from him for a second to laugh silently. When I turn back around, he has his hands on his hips, not helping the situation too much.
"Ah man, alright," I put my hand on the side of my face, contemplating, "Let's just do it. I'm ill and your broke, okay?"
"No! Not okay, I don't wanna be broke!"
"You got any other ideas, fucker?" He was about to open his mouth to say something, but a lady at the desk told us that Mr Campbell was ready to see us. I looked over at Gerard for a split second, knowing this is what he and I both wanted even though he didn't show it as much as I did. I knew all he wanted to do was sit in his room like a hermit and make some crazy comic strips, and all I wanted to do was break my little fingers on the strings of my beautiful Les Paul.
I took a breath and began walking before I felt a grasp on my wrist. I turned to see Gerard, a smile plastering his face. I knew him all too well.
"You're sure about this?" He asked, still holding a faint grin. I nod, "There's so much beyond these walls."

"Are you sure?" There was no tone in Mr Campbell's voice. He had black bags encircling his eyes and wasn't dressed as neatly as one with the title of 'Dean' should. Gerard stood behind me, a little more hesitant than before.
"Yes, sir. Very." I reply, my fingers crossed in my pockets. "Well," the man stands up, pulling papers from a shelf beside the desk, "I just got a divorce and I don't care about anything so give me your reason and see you later." I rose a brow. Was it really that easy? Gerard tapped my shoulder, looking between both the dean and I.
I shrugged, "It's a good day to drop out." We both silently laughed until Mr C looked up at us, tired and quite frankly, a little annoyed. "What's your reason, Iero?"
"Oh... I, uhm... well..." Had I really been so stupid to forget what the reasons were? I held my breath and a vomit of words came up. "I'm broke. Ain't got no dough. Ya know." At first, I wasn't trying to make it a joke. In fact, I'd meant it completely serious. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at being serious.
"Uh," Gerard finally stepped in. "No! No, no, no, that's not it, is it, Frank? I mean... we were outside and we said-" I covered his mouth before he could continue and blow it. They wouldn't let us leave if we said it was because we were bored with school. "Yeah, I'm broke," I kept going on impulse, "And Gerard got some chick pregnant, so he's got no money either!" I knew right after I said that I was going to get some shit from the kid who was never as good a liar as I was, and that's really saying something.
Mr Campbell stared at us for a quick second and then sighed, "Like I said, I don't care. Have a good life." He quickly shooed us out the door with a hand gesture. I pulled Gerard out, ready to begin a life outside of this shithole.
"I most definitely did not get anyone pregnant, Frank!"
I laughed as he ripped his hand away from me, "Calm down, it's not like he's gonna write that down..." Insert pause here for dramatic affect on the upcoming best line ever: "He'll probably write 'insanely sex-crazed with raging hormones.' "
After a second, he couldn't help but laugh as hard as I was. We walked down the hall to the Victorian-style doors, and as I opened them I could feel the fresh breeze of freedom.
♠ ♠ ♠
*This was kind of an impulse to write... I don't think it turned out too horribly, and I have many more ideas floating around in my head so I'm hoping to get them down as quickly as possible! The more comments and whatnot, the faster I'll update this thing. Oh, and by the way, the bromance will soon be gone only to be replaced by what we love most -Frerard:)*