Sequel: Listen to the Thunder
Status: Complete =]

Don't Want to Start a Fight

Dekatessera.

“So Kyle’s meeting your parents tonight, huh?” Zack asked, raising an eyebrow.

Alex, Caleb, Zack and I are sitting in Alex’s bedroom, just hanging out. We’re too lazy to go over to Rian’s, Pat’s or Kyle’s, so while they’re hanging out, we’re hanging out. I’ll see Kyle later on tonight for dinner at my house, as Zack just said, so I’m not so worried.

“He’s already met my parents, dumbass,” I retorted, rolling my eyes.

“No, he’s met them as your friend, not as your boyfriend,” Zack pointed out.

“Does it really make all that much difference?” I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Well, not really. Except now your mom won’t trust you to be in a closed room without jumping on each other. And let’s face it – you two can barely keep your hands off each other,” Alex smirked.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were jealous, Lex,” I teased, wriggling my eyebrows.

“Oooh,” Zack and Caleb chorused, before laughing.

Dorks.

“Barakat, if I wanted you, I could’ve had you a long time ago,” Alex grinned.

I thought about it for a little while, before nodding. He has a point.

“Touché! But seriously, is it really that big of a deal?” I whined.

“Yes, this is the night that Kyle’s going to be judged on whether he’s a good boyfriend or not,” Caleb nodded.

“But he is a good boyfriend! Apart from the whole John awkwardness thing! Everyone knows how good he is to me!” I said desperately.

“Calm it Kermit – yeah, we know. But do your parents?” Caleb asked.

Another good point.

“I-I guess you’re right,” I mumbled.

“Just think of it this way. If Kyle behaves you can reward him later,” Zack smirked.

Mm the things I would do to Kyle if he impressed my parents. I was brought out of my trance by a punch in the arm from Caleb.

“Enough fantasising. More teasing about Kyle,” Caleb said.

“You guys suck,” I pouted.

“No, that would be you and Kyle. And occasionally Alex,” Zack teased.

“If we wanted any Jalex Barakarth, I wouldn’t be with Kyle, but I am so knock it off!” I laughed.

“Alright, alright, we’ll stop. For now,” Zack grinned.

“Good. Now...Mario Kart?” I suggested.

“Would we play anything else?” Alex laughed.

*

I sat nervously at the bottom of the stairs in my house, impatiently waiting for Kyle to arrive. It was getting close to 6pm, the time I’d asked Kyle to come over, and I knew it wouldn’t be a good start if Kyle was late. No, that wouldn’t be good at all! I tried not to let it show earlier, but the thought of my parents not approving of Kyle as my boyfriend really worried me. My dad is a pretty strict traditional guy, and it was hard enough to get him to accept my bisexuality, so I’m just hoping tonight will go well.

Right on the stroke of 6pm, the doorbell rang. I pretty much squealed in relief and ran to the door, opening it to reveal my beautiful Kyle. Mm, dressed in a pale blue shirt that brought out his eyes and nice black skinny jeans, he looks good enough to eat. But I’ll save that for later.

“I’m not late, am I?” Kyle asked quietly as I shut the door behind him.

“No, you’re just on time,” I said happily.

“Thank fuck,” Kyle whispered.

I smiled as he pressed his lips to mine in a short sweet kiss, before pulling away and linking our hands together. There would be plenty of time for that later. I guided Kyle into the kitchen, where my mom was finishing off cooking and my dad was laying the table settings. I’ve already cleaned and hovered the house, so my input was done a while ago!

“Mom, Dad, this is Kyle. You kinda already know that but whatever,” I introduced, feeling a little bit stupid.

“Yeah we know, Jack,” my mom laughed, making my blush a little.

“I got you a bottle of wine, as a thank you for having me over to dinner,” Kyle said politely, handing my mom a bottle of red that I didn’t see he was holding.

“Oh thank you Kyle! You didn’t need to do that!” my mom said warmly, placing the bottle on the side.

She’ll probably have some of that later. My mom does like a good glass of wine or two a night!

“I wanted to ma’am,” Kyle smiled, squeezing my hand.

All I could do was squeeze his hand in return. This is going better than I could ever have hoped already!

“Why don’t you boys sit down to the table? Dinner will be ready any minute,” my dad announced.

I nodded, as did Kyle, and we sat opposite each other on the small table, allowing my parents to sit either in between us. We just have to get through this dinner, and then we can have some alone time. Come on alone time!

*

“Hey mom, we’re going to go up to my room and watch a film, okay?” I called from the bottom of the stairs.

My mom walked out of the kitchen, a dish towel in her hand as she dried a glass with it.

“No funny business, okay? I would like to sleep tonight,” my mom said.

The thing is, I can’t tell if she’s being serious or not.

“M-Mrs Barakat, we’re not at that stage yet,” Kyle blushed.

Even if we have done everything but sex.

“Well, that’s...good to know. Close the door but don’t lock it, alright? Enjoy your film, boys,” my mom smiled.

I couldn’t get up those stairs fast enough. Kyle giggled as I quickly closed my bedroom door, but moaned quietly as I engulfed his lips in a fiery kiss. Fuck, I’ve been wanting to do that all night. Kyle stumbled back onto my bed, causing me to fall on top of him and break the kiss. We both burst into laughter, calming down as I pecked a few kisses to Kyle’s lips, moving the two of us so I was straddling his waist as he lay down on my bed.

“My parents likes you, y’know. Especially my mom,” I said sweetly, brushing Kyle’s fringe out of his eyes.

“Oh yeah? How do you know that?” Kyle mused, lacing both his hands with mine.

“They told me while you were in the bathroom,” I grinned.

“Ah well, that makes sense then! So they approve of me?” Kyle grinned back.

“My mom actually said, you couldn’t have found a better boyfriend, Jack. We’re proud of you for being with such a gentleman,” I quoted, pecking his nose with a butterfly kiss.

Kyle blushed lightly and scrunched his nose at my action, only making me laugh and do it again. He really is so adorable!

“I’m so relieved they like me! I was kinda worried they wouldn’t, because of how badly I upset you after...the party...but I’m really glad everything went so well,” Kyle smiled, wincing at the mention of the dreaded party.

“That’s all in the past, babe. Now, let’s get on with this movie, huh?” I said cheerfully.

“You just want to hold me, don’t you?” Kyle accused playfully.

He read my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Kyle’s been introduced as his boyfriend to the parents!
And they liked him. Aww =]
The next update might have a problem involving Alex...

If anyone's interested, I'm currently writing a Martin Johnson two-shot slash for a contest. Part One is already up, so please check it out and comment!

Only 7 comments out of 90 subscribers? Surely you can do better than that ;)
I might even throw in a little smut if you do! Thanks to those that did comment on the last chapter.

revengefulvampire
CoolNerd;;
ElyRae
BOOM!roasted.
Hello Fascination.
dinosaursgorawr
IntentToStartAFire

xo