Sequel: Listen to the Thunder
Status: Complete =]

Don't Want to Start a Fight

Dekatria.

A few days passed into August, making the sun shine even brighter and the days last even longer. Kyle and I are still perfect, as I hoped we would be. This summer really is turning out to be the most amazing summer I’ve ever had. I honestly never thought I’d get a chance with Kyle, so for him to be holding my hand and sucking my dick makes me the happiest guy alive.

Today we’re going over to Pat’s house, but we’re running a little late because I kinda snuck into Kyle’s shower and gave him a handjob. Well, he had morning wood when he woke up, and what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t help him out? Hah. Kyle and I have already had numerous calls from Alex, Caleb, Rian, Zack and Pat so I drove over to Pat’s house as fast as I could, parking the car a little down the street. Kyle grinned at me as he linked our hands together, pressing a slow gentle kiss to my lips before we walked to Pat’s front door.

“About time!” Pat teased as he opened the door, letting us into the house.

“There were some things we had to do before we left,” I said innocently.

“Spare me the details,” Pat grinned, wriggling his eyebrows at Kyle.

Kyle blushed deeply, making Pat and I laugh. Bless him. But when Pat stopped us outside the living room door, nervousness across his face, I frowned. What?

“Uh…I think you guys should know that…uh, John’s here. John and Tim are hanging out in the living room and we’d have to go through them to get to the backyard,” Pat said hesitantly.

I felt Kyle freeze next to me, his hand squeezing mine tightly. Shit. None of us have seen John since Kyle and John broke up, so this would be the first time. I’m betting that John knows about Kyle and I through Tim, so I can’t imagine that seeing him again would end well. Especially seeing as I was the main reason they broke up. But then again, why should I be ashamed of being with Kyle? I’ve loved him for ages and he loves me too – we shouldn’t have to hide that!

“M-Maybe we should just leave,” Kyle said quietly.

This made me a little angry. Why should we have to leave just because John’s here? It’s not exactly like we would be hanging out with him, is it?

“No,” I said sharply.

“W-What?” Kyle squeaked.

Pat just stayed silent.

“We’re not leaving just because of him. We shouldn’t have to run from him just because we’re together now, Kyle. Or are you regretting your decision already?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Okay so maybe that was a little harsh. But whatever.

“O-Of course I don’t regret being with you Jack! How could you even think that?!” Kyle said, his eyes filling with tears.

I glanced at Pat, who was just standing there awkwardly, and sighed. I really don’t like seeing Kyle upset, especially if I’m the one that’s caused it.

“If you really want to go, then we’ll go. I guess seeing John for 10 seconds might still be too much for you,” I mumbled.

I felt Kyle playing with the hem of my t-shirt and bit my lip. He always does that when he’s trying to calm himself down, or when he wants something. I’m hoping he’s just trying to calm himself down. There really isn’t much of a reason why we should have to avoid John!

“I-I don’t want to have to hide from him. I’m just scared,” Kyle whispered.

“Well it’s a good thing I’m here to protect you then, huh?” I mused.

Pat giggled as Kyle blushed slightly, making me feel a little better. Come on Kyle…

“Okay, let’s do this,” Kyle nodded.

I grinned and pecked a kiss to his lips. Thank fuck! Pat smiled at us before opening the living room door. I walked in after him, Kyle holding tightly onto my hand with his head held high.

“Hey guys!” Tim said cheerfully.

Ah fuck. I say that because as soon as Tim called out, my eyes went to him – and John’s sitting right by his side. Whereas Tim was smiling, John had no expression on his face, and was just staring at Kyle and I. I could feel Kyle squeezing my hand again out of nerves, but I just squeezed back to tell him everything was okay.

“Hey,” I replied as confidently as I could.

John immediately looked away. Kyle seemed to ease up a bit as soon as John’s gaze wasn’t on us, and soon enough we were outside in the August sunshine with Zack, Caleb, Alex and Rian. Pat sat down next to Zack straight away, leaving Kyle and I to sit between Caleb and Alex.

“And you guys took so long to come in because...” Alex prompted.

“Kyle didn’t know if he could face John,” I said simply.

No-one said anything, somehow sensing my irritation with the whole situation.

“We’re here now though, so that doesn’t matter anymore,” Kyle said quickly, glancing around the group.

Most of them looked like they didn’t believe Kyle’s words, but started up a different conversation anyway. Apart from Alex, who leant over to my ear.

“Are you okay?” he whispered.

I laughed weakly, running my hand through my hair. It’s amazing how easily he reads me.

“As okay as I can be. It really did look like Kyle was ashamed to be seen with me in front of John,” I sighed softly, so only Alex could hear.

“I’m sure he didn’t mean it to look like that. Kyle loves you – he doesn’t regret choosing you over John,” Alex said seriously.

“After what I saw in his eyes, I can’t be sure of that,”

“Don’t think like this, Jack. Don’t start doubting how Kyle feels because it’ll just blow up in your face,”

“I can’t help it. He wanted to leave, Lex!” I hissed.

Alex’s jaw dropped slightly, making me sigh. At least he’s starting to understand what I mean now.

“R-Really?” Alex choked.

“Yeah. Now tell me how that doesn’t look like he regrets being with me instead of John,” I muttered.

Before Alex could reply, I felt Kyle tugging on my t-shirt, so I turned to face him.

“Is something wrong, Jacky?” Kyle asked with a small frown.

“Why would there be?” I asked as calmly as possible.

“You haven’t said a word to me since we walked into the living room and you just took your hand out of mine,” Kyle said quietly.

I sighed and pressed a kiss to the top of his head.

“I’m fine. I promise,” I said with a weak smile.

“Bullshit,” Kyle shot back.

But he didn’t push the matter any further, and just linked our hands back together. I glanced at Alex who just shrugged helplessly back, which didn’t make me feel any better. I can’t believe Kyle was that reluctant for us to be seen by John, I really can’t. What can this mean for our relationship? I can’t imagine it means anything good.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Kyle and Jack are having problems already?
And neither of them are willing to talk it out with the other?
This can’t end well.

I’m dressing up as Barbie for a bar crawl tonight. Thought you all should know that!

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Especially you horny bastards who wanted more action ;) keep up the comments and I might make things better for Jack and Kyle in the next chapter...

TheCoolNerd;;
Nytestalker
ElyRae
BOOM!roasted.
IntentToStartAFire
dinosaursgorawr
Nathan Ryan.
revengefulvampire
ColorMeArtistic
Hello Fascination.

xo