‹ Prequel: Before It's Over
Status: Deleting.

Nothing's Ever Over

"So, although this is a fitting song for the last day of Warped Tour, there's another reason we're going to play this song. A friend of ours wants us to dedicate this song to the girl he still loves. It's August Is Over."

The last We The Kings crowd of Warped Tour 2008 erupted into screams. The boys of We The Kings started into the song and a resentful girl watched from the back of the crowd. The chorus caused a ripple of jumping in time with the music.

Breathe in deep and say good bye
The saddest song I'll ever write
For anyone
Anytime
Breathe in deep before I say
I can feel us slip away
You're almost gone
You're good as gone
August is over


The raven-haired girl continued to watch the stage as her heart was thundering in her chest. She caught the eye of the lead singer. He smiled apologetically, but his eyes held a hint of reprimanding.

Now we wait
'Cause August had to end
All out bags are packed
Just two broken hearts
Who got caught up in this
I deny
That tomorrow you'll be gone
And so far from me
Its something strange
Never love the same way


From the side of the stage a tall blonde figure searched the crowd. His eyes landed on the girl, who looked shamefully at the stage. The towering observer frowned and felt himself fall deeper in a sadness that had overtaken him less than a week before. She had left him, and after he had worked so hard to have her.

We've come down from that cloud
Well say what you gotta say
Please say
What you gotta say
Whoa, Whoa


The two young people saw each other in a heart stopping moment. Neither knew how to handle the situation so they stared blankly at each other for a moment. The girl turned away from the boy's stare completely and he watched as she walked away from the crowd and into their separate futures.