Status: New story! Comments/Subscriptions/Opinions please! Thankyewz.

Accidentally Yours

K e e p i n g P r o m i s e s

My vision blurred, my stomach churned, everything around me spun. What was happening to me?

"Hold on, all right? You're going to be just fine," Kat reassured me from behind as she held my hair up. "Raven's on his way."

I recoiled away from the toilet, embarrassed. "Raven? No, Kat, no! I don't want him to see me like this. Not like this!"

A lump went up my throat, and all of a sudden, I belched again. I hated this feeling. My mouth felt icky and disgusting inside. I was sure I looked just the same.

Just then, the door bolted open, and Raven came in, ignoring the fact that he was inside the women's restroom. He rushed next to Karen, but I quickly averted my eyes and tried not to make a fool of myself. So when I was absolutely sure that I was finished with all the vomiting, I stood up and recomposed myself.

"I'm sorry about that," I said sheepishly, not looking at either of them. I went over to the sink to wash my mouth.

Raven followed after, grabbing my shoulder. "What happened?"

"I don't know...I just felt dizzy, and then I..."

I saw him exchange glances with Kat, and Kat in turn, looked straight at me. "Are you...feeling...nausea recently?"

I thought about it for a second. "Well, not really. This is the first time."

He rested his palm against my forehead, and I felt warm all of a sudden. Then, he leaned closer, watching me. "You seem to have a fever," he frowned. "Let's get you home."

My heart began to race as he took my hand. I looked past my shoulder to look at Kat, and she just grinned, making my face flush into a shade of tomatoes.

"Uh, where are we going?" I asked shortly, breaking the awkward silence.

"To your house, where else?" Raven answered.

My jaw dropped. Did he just say that? Tell me he did not just say that!

"Hey wait—"

"No complaining!"

"You're kidding right?"

"Not really."

"But—"

"I'll tell you the directions, Rave," Kat added.

"Not you too!"

And just like that, I was towed to my house, along with the two people that made my everyday life not as boring and lonely as it used to be.

Image

"This is you?" Raven exclaimed, my five-year old picture in his hand, laughing like an idiot. Back then, I used to have really short hair—apple cut hair—and straight cut bangs and freckles that were sprayed lightly against my skin.

"No, of course not, that's my cousin," I lied unconvincingly as I lied on my bed, covered in a cocoon of blankets and all. I have never even dreamed of having my five year old picture seen by anyone—especially not Raven, of all people. Kat's tolerable, but Raven? No way in hell.

He held in his laugh, but it was darn obvious that he found my photo too amusing. I glared at him, although the intensity was weaker than I intended to. He seemed to have noticed it, because he placed the photo back and approached me.

Kat was in the kitchen, so it was only Raven and me, alone, in my bedroom.

He placed a hand against my forehead again, his blue eyes holding mine. "Don't tire yourself too much," he reminded me.

Impulsively, I buried my face inside my blanket. My cheeks felt warm, and I wasn't sure if that was entirely because I had a fever. Raven's had this effect on me recently.

"What are you doing?" he chuckled lightly, pulling the blanket off me.

"I'm cold," I pulled the blanket back.

"You're a terrible liar." I felt him sit on the side of the bed. "Get some sleep. You have to get well soon. Exams are coming up next week, right? You can't skip school at this point."

I stole a glance at him, and found myself staring at his face when he wasn't looking. His long lashes hooded his bluer than blue eyes. His lips were slightly parted. His expression was blank. What was he thinking?

"I'm sorry," I blurted suddenly.

He turned to face me, and his lips curled into a warm smile. "Just get well soon. That's what matters now. What happened before stays in the past. I'm not really angry anymore. I was just worried about you, I guess."

I just stared at him, eyes wide. "Just like that? You already forgive me?"

"Not entirely," he teased. "You have to make amends."

"How?"

He leaned in, until our faces were inches apart. My heart pulsated against my chest, blood rushed to my cheeks, my lips quivered. He closed his eyes, leaning even more closely.

Then he stopped.

And smiled.

"Thought I was going to kiss you?" he teased, smiling smugly.

"Y-Y-Y-You!" I snapped in embarrassment. "You manwhore!"

He just laughed his usual cheery laugh. "I was kidding. I already forgive you. I'm keeping my promise of staying with you, whatever happens. Even though I can't stop you from loving someone you really love."

I averted my eyes, hating myself for being like this. "How can you be so...You're too kind. If this goes on, I might become too selfish."

He raised a brow. "Selfish?"

"Never mind."

He stood up, and said before he went out, "Get well soon."

Image

"How is she?" Kat asked as soon as Raven entered the kitchen. "I'm really worried you know."

"She's going to be okay, as long as she takes a good rest and obediently drinks her medicine," Raven answered.

"So what now? What if she really is pregnant?" Kat suddenly asked, her expression serious. "What are you going to do? Sooner or later, the two of you are going to have to drop out from school. You won't get your high school diplomas. You might end up working at a gasoline station, that is if you are even lucky. Plus, knowing you two, you might be lashing out at each other every damn day. Your kid would be miserable and bullied at school. You'd get a divorce, probably. And your lives would be hell each day, and also you guys would probably end up—"

"Okay, stop," Raven interrupted her little imagination run. "That's going too far," he chuckled.

"No, seriously."

"I'm really taking this seriously. Actually, I'm worrying about that every damn day of my life too. But just like I told her—I'm keeping my promise. I won't be like my dad."

"That's impressive, coming from a world-class flirt," Kat scoffed. "No matter what happens, I'll be right here helping you guys. I'll gladly be a babysitter, or a marriage counselor. I'll be here whenever you need me. I'll even live with you guys, if you want."

Raven laughed. "Hayley's really lucky to have you."

Kat smiled. "No, she's very lucky to have you."

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

"I hope she falls in love with you real soon."

"Shut up. She won't."

"Are you in love with her though?" Kat probed mischievously. Suddenly, Raven's face burned, and he averted his eyes.

"I'm just being responsible."

She continued with the silly questions. "Really now?"

"I told you—"

"What stubborn children, you two are. Tsk tsk," she chuckled teasingly, twirling strands of her hair around. "I wonder...what other interesting things do you think would happen soon, hmm? It would be really cute if you guys fall in love."

And then came yet another awkward silence, with Kat smiling amusedly and Raven fanning himself with his hand.

"Damn, it's hot," he mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just sharing a little story before anything else. A while ago, as I was researching about Pregnancy Symptoms my dad saw me, and he was like @#!#$%%$#^$#. And I was like OMFGHAZ! YOU'RE GETTING THE WRONG IDEA!! So I told him I was writing this novel, and he wouldn't believe me. Like, wth.

So yeah. That was pretty awkward. But I managed, thankfully, to convince him that I am not pregnant. Thank heavens. He would kill me. Roast me alive like marshmallows or something.

Yeah. Comments/Subscribe whatever. I need your comments. I'm really running out of inspiration to write :( Thank you to my daily commenters. I love you! <3 To my SILENT READERS, yeah, well. I've got nothing to say to you except thanks for reading. Even though you're not fond of saying a thing, it's quite all right. At least you're reading what I write. :)))

That is all.

No chapter preview for now. Maybe soon <3