‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

The Past Revealed Part 2

Night fell by the time we got to the motel room. I was suturing Sam’s gash, putting stitches in for him as I had my shirt off so I was only in my bra and my jeans as Brit was putting stitches in the back of my shoulder. Sam flinched.

“Sam, you have to stop moving” I said. “Sorry” he grunted.

“Hey, I think I got a dislocated shoulder, over here” Dean said as he came out of the bathroom, wiping the blood out of his mouth. “Okay, Dean, hold on a second” I said with a little annoyance in my tone.

I cut the wire once I finished with Sam’s stitches. I handed him the whiskey bottle to pour over his cut and then I started to turn slowly as Brit turned in sync with me. I saw he was eyeing me and I gave him a hard look but he wasn’t phased. So I just sighed and grabbed his arm and his shoulder with my hands as I felt him tense up.

“On three…one…” Then, I just popped it in right away and he grunted and yelled out in pain slightly. Then, he looked at me again. “You have a big cut on your arm” he stated.

“I’m…”

“Fine. Yea, I’m sure” he said and just grabbed my arm to clean it for me.

I looked at all of them and saw how we were all taking care of one another...we were a family and it was time we found out what was going on.... “So you lost the magic knife, huh?” he addressed Sam.

“Yeah, saving your asses..." He looked at me and Dean. "Who the hell was that demon?”

“No one good. We got to find Anna and Adam”

“Ruby’s got them, I’m sure they’re okay”

“Are you guys sure about Ruby?” I asked. “Cause I think it’s just as likely, she used us to find radio girl and her brother and then brought that demon in to kill us”

“No, she took them to keep them safe” Brit said.

I just nodded and Dean scoffed. Then, he walked away to the freezer to put an ice pack on his shoulder. “Well, why hasn’t she called to tell us where she is?”

“Because that demon is probably watching us right now, waiting to follow us right back to Anna and Adam again, that’s why he let us go” Sam said.

Dean laughed without humor. “You call this letting us go?” he questioned as I felt Brit start to clean the cut as I cringed slightly.

“Yeah, I do. Look, killing us would have been no problem to that thing. That’s why for now we just gotta lay low and wait for Ruby to contact us” Sam said.

“Yeah, how’s she gonna do that?”

But, Sam didn’t respond. When Brit was finished, I turned to see what kind of injuries she had that needed to looked at. She tried to stop me and push my hands away lightly but I gave her a hard look and I wouldn’t let her walk away. She sighed and just put up with it.

“Why do you trust her so much? Why do both of you trust her so much?” Dean asked.

“I told you” Sam sighed.

“But, you guys have to do better than that. Dean and I…we aren’t trying to pick a fight with you two. We really want to understand but need to know more” I tried.

“We deserve to know more” Dean added as he tossed the ice pack into the sink and I finished cleaning up Brit’s wounds.

She was the lucky one, she didn’t get hurt that badly…she never did though and I was envious to say the least. I gave her my best sweet sister smile letting her know I was here for her. I saw her and Sam exchange a look that I didn’t quite understand. They both seemed pained and I waited for someone to say something. I could tell this was a ‘sit down’ kind of moment, so I threw on a band T-shirt, got on the bed that was a foot away from the one that Sam was on and I got comfortable. Dean joined me as Brit just continued to stand with her arms crossed.

“She saved our lives” Sam said and we all just stared at him waiting for him to continue.

I glanced at Brit and she stayed silent…I knew she wasn’t going to say much in this conversation…but as long as I found out what went on, I didn’t care who talked.

Third Person

Six Months Earlier


Sam got to his motel he was staying at, stumbling like the drunk fool that he was with red rims around his eyes. Melissa went off somewhere and Brittney promised Sam she would be back after she checked on her. He opened the door to his room and a fist collided with his face. The guy that punched him, shut the door quickly and held him while some woman walked over to him and kneed Sam in the stomach twice. Then, she reached behind him and pulled out Ruby’s knife.

“Thanks for keeping this warm for me, Sam”

“Ruby” Sam grunted.

“It’s nice to be back, where I was, even for hell it was nasty. I guess I really pissed Lilith off. Imagine my relief when she gave me one last chance, a ticket topside. And all I had to do was find you, and kill you”

“Fine, go ahead! Do it!” he shouted at her, getting in her face with the guy still holding him.

She stared at him for a minute and then plunged the knife into the guy holding Sam, killing him. Sam was completely surprised…but he was also angry and annoyed. “Grab your keys we gotta go, now!” she ordered.

So, they hit the road in the Impala. “You know what sounds good? French fries. I’m starving, and I just escaped hell, I deserve a treat” Ruby grinned.

Sam didn’t take his eyes off the road. He just texted Brittney, letting her know he left the motel. It was the least he could do…she wasn’t exactly in any better shape than he was, she just hid it better.

“You know a ‘thank you’ would be nice”

“Who asked for your help?” Sam said, monotonously.

“You have no idea what I’ve been through. When Lilith gets pissed, she gets creative. You wanna hear about the corners of hell I’ve seen Sam?”

Sam snapped his head at her but then back at the road. The last thing he wanted to hear, was about the place where Dean was at the moment. “No, I don’t”

“And the things I had to do to convince her I was sorry, that I could be trusted”

“Well, this will definitely get you a fat Christmas bonus”

“Very funny. I’m a fugitive for you, Sam. I took all of this risk to get back to you, so yeah, I deserve a damn ‘thank you’”

Sam became on the verge of tears. “Who asked you to save me?”

“I’m just tryin’ to help”

“Can you help me save Dean?”

“No, nothing I know of is powerful enough to do that” Then, Sam pulled off to the side of the road and stopped. “Then I have no use for you”

“What?” she asked, incredulous.

“Get out”

“Sam…”

“Who’s body are you riding, Ruby?”

“What do you care? You’ve never asked me that before” she said, taken back by his question.

“I’m asking now”

“Some secretary”

“Let her go”

“Sam…”

“Or I send you right back to Hell” he threatened.

~

Sam found a rundown shack and texted Brittney where it was and she showed up in minutes. “Sam…it’s me” she murmured.

He got to the door and swung it open. They just stared at one another, looking into each others eyes. She didn’t know what to do…she didn’t know what kind of boundaries he was making…what line she was crossing…then he pulled her into his arms to hug her. It was a tight hug that made it seem like he was trying to fill an empty void…and it wasn’t working. She was doing the exact same thing though…she didn’t just lose Dean…she lost Melissa too…and she felt empty…she only had Sam…and she felt like she was losing him as well. She had to be the stronger one here though…she had to try and keep it together…if not for Sam…or for herself…then she had to do it for Dean. They shared a kiss…but before it could get too drunkly heated, there was a knock at the door.

Sam answered it and was confused because of the girl standing there. She was a petite brunette “Proof. This body is 100% socially conscious. I recycle. Al Gore would be proud” she said, showing Sam a piece of paper.

“Sam?” Brit questioned. “Oh hey there, Brittney. Good to see you again” the girl said sarcastically.

Then she started to have a stare off with Brittney and that gave it away instantly. “Ruby” she assumed and she felt her blood boil. Sam shut the door.

“You didn’t want me to take a body with someone in it, and I made sure that the spirit was gone. Apartment was empty, you happy?”

“Why are you here, Ruby?” Brit demanded.

“Where’s Melissa?”

“None of your business”

“So she left…interesting”

“Why are you here, Ruby” she repeated with more venom in her voice.

“Look, I can’t bring Dean back, but I can get you something else that you want”

“Huh, and uh, what’s that?”

“Lilith”

“You want us to use my psychic whatever” Sam stated.

“Look, I know that it spooks you both”

“Skip the speech, I’m ready, let’s go” Sam said, quickly and Brit stared at him with wide eyes. “Slow down there cowboy”

“Just tell me what I have to do”

“Look, Lilith is one scary bitch. When I was in the pit, there was talk. She’s cooking up something big, Apocalyptic big”

Brit contemplated for a moment, staring at Sam, wondering what she should do. Then, she decided. “So, let’s kill her” she spoke and Sam threw her a slightly shocked glance but then kept his eyes on Ruby.

Ruby was even shocked. “You wanna go in there and half ass it like before? We have time to get it right, let’s get it right”

“So, what do you want from us?” Sam asked.

“Well, a little patience, and sobriety…” she directed at Sam and then looked at Brittney. “And I need to know you’re not going to try and rip my head off with your bare hands. If I stick around, I don’t want to put up with arguing…both of you promise me that, and I will teach you everything I know”


Present Time

“So, what’d she teach you?” Dean asked, looking from Sam to Brit.

“Well, the first thing we learned?” Sam started and then chuckled to himself. “We’re crappy students” Sam and Brit both said.

Six Months Earlier

Brittney and Sam started lessons with Ruby and they had a demon tied to a chair in the middle of a Devils Trap. Ruby nodded at them and then as they put their hands up, palms facing the demon, they focused on exercising the demon. Sam and Brit are both sweaty and tired and they struggle to just get the demon to cough up some puffs of black smoke. Brit’s nose started to bleed first and then so did Sam’s. They couldn’t do it though. They had to stop. The demon started to laugh but then Ruby stepped forward and shoved her knife into the demon’s throat.

“Not funny” she said and pulled the knife out, killing the demon.

~

Brittney told Ruby she would try to convince Melissa to join them at the shack and let Ruby teach her as well because between the three of them, they would kick ass…so that’s where Brittney headed while Ruby and Sam went back to the rundown ramshackle. Sam right for the aspirin.

“Just give it time, Sam, it’ll get better” Ruby told him. He whipped around to face her.

“What? I need more practice?”

“I’m not talking about pulling demons…I know losing Dean is the…” Ruby started as Sam sat down on the edge of the bed.

“Hey! I don’t wanna talk about it!” he snapped at her. “You know what? Where do you get off slapping me with that greeting card, time-heals crap, what the hell do you know?”

“I used to be human…and I still remember what it feels like to lose someone” she said and got closer to him, tears welling up in her own eyes.

She reached out to put a hand on the side of his face. “I’m sorry” But, then Sam shoved her hand away. “Uh-uh don’t” he said.

“Sam, you’re not alone”

Then, she closed the space between them and she kissed him. He pushed her off immediately and stood up to walk over to the couch. “What are you doing?”

“Sam, it’s okay!”

“No, that is anything but okay!”

“What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?! Where do I start?”

“Is it because of the body?” she questioned and took off her jacket. She knelt in front of Sam, in between his legs. “Because I told you, it’s all me inside of here” she continued and took Sam’s hand to put it under her shirt to feel her skin.

“There’s no one else in here, and it’s nice inside this body, Sam…soft, and warm”

“What are you doing?” he inhaled sharply, trying to contain himself.

“Isn’t it cause you’re really scared to go there with a demon? Because it’s wrong and it’s bad and we shouldn’t?”

That broke him though. He grabbed her face and pulled her into a fiery kiss. He lifted her up and they started to undress each other as they kissed. It wasn’t exactly out of love and passionate feeling…it was more angry and rough….


Present Day

My POV


Dean and I just stared at him in shock. “Sam?” Dean spoke

“Yeah?”

“Too much information”

“Hey, I told you I was coming clean”

“Yeah, but now I feel dirty. Okay, well, uh- brain-stabbing imagery aside, so far all you’ve told me about is a manipulative bitch who uh- screwed you, played mind games with you and did everything in the book to get you to go bad”

“Yeah, well there’s more to the story”

“Just…skip the nudity, please”

“Hold on” I stood up. I looked at Brit and she knew exactly what I wanted to get at. “Tell your story right now. What happened while that…stuff was going on” I demanded as I felt completely dirty and grossed out at the thought.

I saw Sam shifted slightly, uncomfortably and Brit just had a blank look on her face. “I…walked in on them” she finally said.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333