‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Seperation Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
“I love you” I murmured as I was laying beside Dean and I had my arms wrapped around his waist as he had his arms wrapped around me.

“I love you too” he said and then kissed me.

But, then in a split second…he was gone. “Dean?”

There was silence…then I heard a murderous scream. I snapped my head to the side to see Dean on the floor being mutilated by an invisible force…a hellhound. “Dean!” I screamed out.

He cried out in pain as his flesh was being torn off and blood was spurring everywhere. “Dean!” I cried.


I shot up in my spot, breathing hard. I was damp from my sweat and my heart wouldn’t slow down for even two seconds. “Mel, what’s wrong?” Dean asked as he came flying out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

I couldn’t even speak though. I was just taking deep breaths. “You were screaming in your sleep again…who was it this time?” he asked as he came over to me and sat down on the side of the bed, facing me.

“You…and the hellhound…and going to Hell…” was all I managed to breath out.

“I’m still here…” he said and put my head in his hands as I reached up to put my hands on his.

I shut my eyes tight as tears flew down and I took in his scent and his touch. “Don’t leave like that ever again” I whispered.

“I wont…I promise” he said and I nodded. “I want the dreams to stop” I continued to whisper.

“I know you do...me too” He put his forehead against my own and then kissed me. "Come on, you could use a shower" he said and I pulled away to narrow my eyes at him.

He grinned slightly and took my hand to pull me up. I used my other hand to wipe the tears off my face as he led me into the bathroom. I turned the shower on and he went to walk out but I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the shower with me...I'll let you use your imagination for what happened next.

~~~

When he got out, I began to wash my hair. I kept my eyes shut as I tried to forget the dream...and I tried to ignore the ache inside me. The dreams haven’t just been about Dean...I had dreams about Sam and Brit dying too. I've also been having dreams about my family dying all over again. I let a few tears slip before I finished up. I turned off the shower, wrapped the towel around my body and I walked out of the bathroom. I saw clothes were already laid out on the bed for me. It was a respectable skirt and shirt. Dean was nowhere in sight but I saw a note lying on my clothes.

Don’t freak out. Just went to get coffee in the main lobby. I'll be back in 5 minutes.
-D


I rolled my eyes because I could hear the sarcasm in his voice. I changed into my clothes and started to dry my hair. I put it up in a mature, respectable bun with a few strands hanging out on the sides of my face. Then I spun quickly as the door opened and in walked Dean. I crumbled up his note.

“Real cute, Dickhead” I said and chucked the paper ball at him.

He caught the paper ball and chuckled under his breath. I just glared at him as a small smirk played at his lips and a small smile played at mine. I'll admit...things between us were...better, I guess, ever since Sam and Brit left...well actually things were weird. Yea, I miss them to death...and Dean and I just had to get used to it just being the two of us...and we've been trying to keep ourselves occupied because honestly, it gets really boring around us...but I think it's because we secretly just miss Sam and Brittney so much...we're just too stubborn to admit it. We don't have to look out for their asses anymore though...that’s a plus, right?

~~

"Hi, Detective Bill Buckner and Casey Veels" Dean said to the doctor as we showed him our IDs.

"Yes. How can I help you, Detectives?"

"We're here about those patients, the exanimate ones" I said, monotonously. It felt weird being a full fledged 'detective' and not just an intern. Man, did I miss Brittney and Sam...

+

The blood sucker went to take a bite out of me but I swiftly moved my body to the side and swung my leg up and I kicked him in the face. Then, I went to punch him too but he grabbed my fist and pulled me closer. He had a strong grip that I couldn't break out of, but Dean got to me in time to get the vamp down to decapitate the son of a bitch.

"Eat that, Twilight" he grunted as blood splattered onto his face while he continued to throw his knife down onto the vamps neck to make sure he was fully dead.

I didn’t cringe though…I just watched. This was how we took our anger out now...this and sex of course. He looked up at me as he stood. We headed back to the Impala and we opened the trunk to put our weapons back. I handed him a small towel so he could wipe off the blood. I went around to get in the passenger seat. I didn’t move once I shut the door though. I just sat in the silence, staring forward.

Then, Dean came around and got in as well. I felt his eyes on me as he analyzed me just sitting in my spot. I know he knew something was up with me…but he didn’t ask what it was…I don’t even think he knew how to ask…but I was glad for that. Even so, I never know with Dean, he’s freakin full of surprises. I turned my head to look at him. He was giving me a look, waiting for me to say something, waiting for me to start talking about whatever it was he was expecting to hear.

“So…where to next?” is what I asked him.

He didn’t respond at first…he just kept looking at me. “Umm nearest motel? I’m pretty wiped” he said. I nodded. “Me too” I let out a big breath.

He started up the car and started driving. Man, did I miss my truck too…. This is how its been for the passed couple days…don’t we seem like we’re enjoying ourselves?…Can you hear my sarcasm?

Brittney’s POV

“I love you, Sammy” I whispered. “I love you too, Brit…so much” he whispered back as he hovered over me while I was laying on my back, on the bed.

I stared at him…and I felt like crying. He gave me a look. “It’s just…you don’t know what it means to me when you say that” He waited patiently for me to continue. “I know how much you miss Jessica…and I know how you were going to marry her…”

“When I was really supposed to be marrying you in the first place…before our memories got wiped” he reminded, trying to help my self esteem.

“Yes…but just hearing you say that you’re able to love me…” I was at a loss for words after that as I stared into his eyes.

“It isn’t hard” he smiled a smile that melted me. I smiled back and a single tear slid down the side of my face, into my hair as he kissed me and I kissed back right away…


“Brit?” Sam’s voice interrupted my daydream.

I looked up from the table I was washing down. “Huh?”

“You alright?” he asked with a smile playing at his lips. “Never better” I forced a smile.

But, then he gave me a pointed look. I just sighed and looked down as a new daydream took over my thoughts. I was just seeing my family being brutally killed…but most of my thoughts consisted of Mel saving my ass too many times to count…and all the times we fought along side each other…even if it wasn’t involving something supernatural. We were a team when it came to bitches and sluts, teaming up on them when needed…we were a team when it came to boys, being each others wing woman…we were just a team in general. Nothing could separate us…nothing until now. My imagination took over as I let my guard down and thoughts of Sam, Dean and Mel all dying…and I thought I was going to cry just by thinking it.

“Brit” Sam said again, shaking me a little. I looked at him again. I saw he was holding lemons. “I got it” I said quickly and took the lemons from him.

I walked to the back of the bar to cut the lemons. If you couldn’t guess…Sam and I are busboys for a bar…well, technically I’m a busgirl, but you get the jist. I looked back over at Sam to see that he was distant in his own thoughts now…and I was wondering what he was thinking about. The passed couple days…this is where we’ve been coming everyday. We needed to make money somehow. We burned all of our fake ID’s and credit cards…what else could we do? I saw Lindsey…another girl who worked with us…start to eye Sam…again. Lindsey and I kind of became somewhat friends I guess…she’s really trying to be my friend for some reason…but I notice her eyeing Sam in a way that I cant appreciate. Sometimes, I wish he would notice it and make a move on her so he could be somewhat happy…cause God knows we’ve both been miserable…but other times, I just want to go over there and kiss him hard…but God knows I cant do that. Psh, now that I think of it, I guess saying God knows is a terrible saying…but it’s just out of habit I guess.

I saw he was coming to the back so I quickly turned around to go back to slicing the lemons. “Hey” he said lightly. “Hey” I replied.

He didn’t say anything else. He just leaned on the counter next to me to give me some company. This was pretty much what it was like now, between us. We said simple words to each other…barely sentences…it feels like there’s so much we want to say to each other, it’s just we don’t know where to start. It’s hard. I love this man…and I think (hope) he loves me too…but for some reason we just cant express it. We’re just as bad as Dean and Mel were when they first met…maybe worse. So, everything is just peachy between us, we’re definitely enjoying ourselves…can you hear my sarcasm?

My POV

I hung out sitting on the cooler, holding a beer in my hands, while I watched Dean wash the Impala. We were in the parking lot of some motel and it was getting dark outside but it was still a little hot. Dean had a few buckets of soapy water around him and the towels were beside me. He was wearing his jeans and a white undershirt. I was in my short shorts and a scanty, black tank that stuck to my skin so it showed my curves and it was above my belly button so my belly button ring was showing. I hung my head, looking down at my beer…and then I felt water splash onto my head. I shot up from my spot and snapped my eyes at Dean. He was trying to keep his chuckling to himself but he was failing miserably as he continued to wash his car. I saw the, now, half empty bucket of water next to him.

“What’s wrong, Mel? Scared of a little water?” he laughed, not even looking back at me.

I shook some of the water off. “Ya know, you really shouldn’t have done that, Dean” I said and picked up one of the other sponges and I soaked it in the water.

“What you gonna do? Bore me to death?” he quipped as he turned to face me and he was grinning.

My jaw dropped. “Not before you bore me to death first!” I claimed (lamely) and whipped my arm in his direction so water flew off the sponge and at him.

He threw his arms up to try and defend himself, but then he quickly picked up his own sponge to throw some water my way. I squealed and ducked when he chucked the sponge, itself, at me. But, when I looked back at him, he dumped a whole bucket of water on me. My jaw dropped even more as I grabbed one of the buckets to throw at him. Our water fight last about ten minutes, using the car as a shield, before we ran out of water. It was okay though, because since we were using the car to hide behind, on each side, the water flew onto the car as well so it washed off the suds. We were both laughing…actually…genuinely…laughing. The laughing lasted three…maybe four…minutes but still…it’s been a while since I heard what laughter even sounded like…what it felt like.

“Go on inside. Get changed. I’ll be in in a minute” he said to me.

I nodded and when I turned around he smacked my ass lightly. I turned my head to glare at him as I kept going. I saw him pick up a towel, smiling to himself and he started to dry the Impala. I smiled to myself and got inside the motel, I got to our room and used the key to get in. I stripped off my wet clothes and threw on a dry bra and a pair of boxer underwear. I threw my wet clothes into a plastic bag so they wouldn’t get my other clothes wet. I walked into the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror as I dried my hair with a towel. I liked my brown hair, the sun gave it some blond highlights which was pretty cool.But, suddenly…I felt the happiness just leave me…and I felt depressed again. I looked down as I put my hands on the sink counter and locked my elbows. My insides ached…so badly….

Then, I started to feel a small tingle in my system…it was a presence…I looked up and jumped when I saw Cas’ reflection in the mirror. “God” I gasped, as I clutched my chest.

I ran a hand threw my hair, pushing it back. “Don’t do that” I breathed out and gripped the sink counter again.

“Hello, Melissa” he greeted.

I sighed and spun to face him. My back was up against the sink as I put my hands on the counter, behind me, so I leaned back slightly but his face was still centimeters from mine. I raised my eyebrows, just eyeing him as he continued to stare into my eyes, as if he was looking for something or just analyzing something.

“A party and I wasn’t invited?” Dean voiced as he walked into the room and came over to us.

“No. No, party” Cas sighed, still in my face but his gaze lightened up.

“Cas, remember that talk the three of us had?”

“Personal space?” I reminded.

“My apologies” he said and took two steps back

I sighed and became less tense in my spot. I walked out of the bathroom, passed Dean and headed over to my suitcase as the boys followed.

“How'd you find us? I thought we were flying below the angel radar” Dean mentioned, referring to the Enochian sigil whatever, Cas carved into our ribs.

I was looking through my clothes but I could feel Dean’s eyes on me and my eyes were twitching over to them both to see Cas eye Dean, then eye me, then back to Dean.

“You are. Bobby told me where you both were” he answered as I slid on a pair of jeans. “Where are Sam and Brittney?” he asked.

I saw he was looking around for some sign of either of them but I didn’t turn to face him. I just got out a shirt. Dean didn’t respond. “The four of us are taking separate vacations for a while” I said, slipping on my shirt.

I finally turned to face him and I put my hands on my hips. “You find God yet? More importantly, can I have my damn necklace back, please?” Dean snapped, slightly.

“No, I haven't found him. That's why I'm here. I need both of your help”

“With what? God hunt? Not interested”

“It's not God. It's someone else”

“Who?” I asked.

“Archangel. The one who killed me"

“'Scuse me?” I narrowed my eyes.

“His name is Raphael”

“You were wasted by a teenage mutant ninja angel?” Dean quipped.

“I've heard whispers that he's walking the earth. This is a rare opportunity”

“For what? Revenge?” I questioned, starting to think Jimmy was knocked in the head too many times and maybe it was affecting Cas.

“Information”

“So, what, you think you can find this dude and he's just gonna spill God's address?" Dean asked.

“Yes, because we are gonna trap him and interrogate him”

I eyed him. “You're serious about this” I assumed.

“So, what, she’s Thelma, I’m Louise, you’re J.D. and in this remake of the movie, you’re going to stick around and the three of us are going to hold hands and sail off this cliff together?” Dean quipped.

Cas, obviously didn’t get the sarcasm though. “Give us one good reason why we should do this”

“Because you're Michael's vessel…” Then, he looked at me. “And you’re his weapon. No angel will dare harm either of you”

“So, we’re your bullet shield” I said, narrowing my eyes again.

I saw, he shifted slightly, uncomfortably. Good. But, then he stood a firm ground as he made eye contact with me. “I need your help because you are the only ones who'll help me. Please” he said.

I lightened up, considering it. I saw Dean did the same. We made eye contact and had a silent conversation. I nodded. He sighed. “All right, fine. Where is he?”

“Maine. Let's go” Cas said and went to touch our fingers.

“Whoa, hold up” I said, quickly, leaning back as Dean did too.

“What?”

“Last time you zapped me someplace I didn't poop for a week” Dean said.

I puckered my lips and made a face as I nodded. “Me either. We're driving” I established.

Brittney’s POV

“Hey, Lacy…what’s the deal with you and Keith?” Lindsey asked me, referring to Sam. It was late and there were only a few people in the bar so we were able to just chill at the counter and talk.

“I mean, you both blow into town last week, neither of you talk to anybody. You’re both obviously highly educated…and the two of you act like you’re married sometimes, just staring at each other, having silent conversations…and the way you both act around each other…” her voice trailed off.

I tensed slightly. “There’s no deal with me and Keith” I lied.

“You sure? So, he’s fair game?”

“Yea…he’s fair game” I assured her, forcing a smile. “Great. I’m moving in then” she grinned. “Go get him tiger” I said lightly and watched as she walked over to Sam who was playing with the darts.

I turned my back so I didn’t have to look. I wont lie…I felt so much pain right now…but I forced myself to push it away. “So...why’d you lie?” a voice asked. I looked up at Jason, another guy who worked with us.

I shrugged. “Long story”

“So you do have a past with the guy though…just so we’re clear”

“Yea, you could say that” I laughed under my breath without humor.

“What happened between you two?” he asked. I just stared at him, hesitant about an answer I should give him. “Right. Long story” he said and I nodded. “Well, whatever the douche did…it’s his loss” he said and I almost frowned as the thought of Sam and Ruby came into my head…but I smirked instead.

“Might be your gain” I shrugged.

Hey, if Sam was able to get some flirt on, then so was I. But, I got distracted as I looked up at the TV hanging from the ceiling. The news was on. “Spring hail, lightning strikes, and now fire…” the anchorman started. I turned to make eye contact with Sam and gave him a look as he gave me the same look. We all kept looking up, watching the news.

“…the town of Tully? tonight, John. Locals say that what started as a torrential hailstorm late this afternoon suddenly turned to massive lightning strikes that triggered the fires now consuming more than twenty acres here along the Route 17 corridor. County officials are advising all Tully residents to prepare for what could become mandatory evacuations…”

Then, the TV was shut off. “Damn. Is it me or does it seem like it's the end of the world?” Bill, the bartender (and owner) said. Sam and I looked away at the exact same time…but then looked up at one another to make eye contact again. If only Bill knew…
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333