‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Endings Are Hard...But Nothing Ever Really Ends, Does It? Part 2

In between jobs, Sam, Dean, Brittney and Melissa would sometimes get a day…sometimes a week, if they were lucky. They'd pass the time lining their pockets. Sam used to insist on honest work, but now he hustles pool, like his brother. Melissa and Brittney were always into the hustling but now they’re even better teamed up with the boys. They could go anywhere and do anything. They drove 1,000 miles for an Ozzy show, two days for a Jayhawks game…the girls were more excited than the boys were for that game, even though they weren’t fans…they just wanted to set a good mood for their men. And when it was clear, they park her in the middle of nowhere…Sam and Brittney sat close on the hood while Dean and Melissa sat close on the roof and they would all just watch the stars...for hours...without saying a word. It never occurred to them that, sure, maybe they never really had a roof and four walls, but they were never, in fact, homeless….

~

“Mistress Magda?” Chuck’s ‘seductive’ voice came through my cell.

I had him on speaker as I sat in the passenger seat of the Impala with Dean in the driver’s seat. “Umm no, Chuck” I made a face as I looked at Dean and he shrugged, making a face as well.

“Oh uh, Melissa. Wow. Geez. I didn’t know that you’d call”

“Who’s mistress Magda?” I asked.

“No one. She’s just uh…just a close friend”

“Yea, I’ll bet. Real close” Dean commented.

“Dean”

“Hey Chuck. What happened to Becky?”

“Umm it didn't work out. I had too much respect for her”

“Boy, you really got a whole virgin/hooker thing going on, don't you?”

“Okay, this can't be why you guys called”

“Sam and Brittney said yes” I said, looking down at my lap.

He sighed. “I know. I saw it. I'm just working on the pages”

“Did you see where the title fight goes down?”

“The angels are keeping it top secret. Very hush-hush”

“Aw crap” Dean grunted.

“But I saw it anyway. Perks of being a prophet. It's tomorrow, high noon…place called Stull cemetery.

“Stull ceme…wait. I know that place”

“That's an old bone-yard outside of Lawrence” I stated.

“Why Lawrence?”

“It all has to end where it started”

“That’s what I would say”

“All right, Chuck, look, you know of any way to short-circuit this thing?” Dean asked.

“Besides the rings? No. I'm sorry”

“Well, I get called to the cemetery. Do you know when that will happen?” I asked.

“I don’t know when…but I know it will happen…and you can’t resist, Mel. It will be too painful…”

“I’m going to do whatever I have to, Chuck…

“I was hoping you would…you can’t give in to Lucifer…he wont try as hard to want you like he wanted Sam and Brittney but it doesn’t change that he still wants you, more than ever…”

“I know…do you know anything else?”

“I wish that I did. But I-I just…I honestly don't know yet”

“All right. Thanks, Chuck” Dean said. “Yea, thanks” I said and then hung up.

I felt Dean’s eyes on me and I looked up at him. “Come on. You and I are still in this together. No matter what” I said, grabbing his hand. He nodded and then cupped my cheek with his other hand and kissed me.

We got out and I left my keys in the truck as Dean and I made sure the trunk was all in tact for our very small trip. “You two goin someplace?” Bobby asked as him and Cas approached us.

We both froze and then turned to face them as Dean slammed the trunk shut. “You're goin to do somethin stupid. You both got that look”

“We’re going to go talk to Sam and Brit” I said. “You just don't give up, do you” Bobby shook his head at us.

“It’s Sam and Brittney!” Dean yelled at him.

“If you couldn't reach them here, you're certainly not gonna be able to on the battlefield” Cas spoke.

“Well, if we've already lost, I guess we got nothing to lose, right?”

“I just want you two to understand…the only thing that you're gonna see out there Is Michael killing your brother and sister if you’re lucky. If not, then you’re…” Cas started and then looked at Dean.

“Going to see your girlfriend kill your brother and best friend…will you really be able to look at her the same? Or will you really be able to see all of them die?”

“Well, then I ain't gonna let any of them die alone” Dean replied, ignoring Cas' question.

Then, without another word, Dean looked at me, squeezed my hand once and then got in the Impala. “I left the key in the truck for you” I murmured. Then, I looked up at my beautiful truck once more and then got in the Impala as well.

We hit the road and as just about two hours passed, the sun started to rise. I felt sweat form on my forehead as my body started to shake in my seat and my head was pounding. “Mel?” Dean spoke. “Melissa?!” he said, more forcefully.

“Just keep driving” I hissed out, seething, as I gripped onto the door and the arm rest. “Michael is calling me…”

“Alright, we’re almost there”

“Chuck was right, it hurts” I tried to laugh but it just came out as a painful grunt. “Okay, okay, shhh” he tried to comfort as he grabbed my hand quickly and tightly.

Dean started to speed up and soon enough we were at the cemetery and the level of pain went down a bit since I was in the presence of Michael and he still needed me to say yes…but I was starting to think that he was just going to force me to be his right-hand bitch. We saw Adam (Michael), Sam (Lucifer) and Brit (Lucifer’s bitch) in the cemetery and Sam and Adam started to circle each other as Brit stayed close to Sam the whole time. Then, Dean revved the car and put in one of his mix tapes. The beginning of Pretty Fly for a White Guy by The Offspring came on and then drive through the gates and drove slowly over to the brothers.

All right!
I got something to say!
Hey it's better to burn out! Yeah!
Than fade awa-a-a-y all right oh!


He shut it off and we both opened the doors to get out. “Howdy, boys” I smiled. “Are we interrupting something?” Dean questioned.

Then, we slammed the doors and walked around to the front of the car. “Hey. We need to talk” he said to Sam and Brittney.

“Dean. Even for you, This is a whole new mountain of stupid” Lucifer said.

“I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam”

“You're no longer the vessel, Dean. You got no right to be here” Michael said.

“Adam, if you're in there somewhere, I am so sorry”

“Adam isn't home right now”

“Well, then you're next on our list, Sweet Cheeks” I said, smugly and sarcastically. “But right now, we need five minutes with them” Dean said, pointing to Brit and Sam.

“You little maggot. You are no longer a part of this story!” he started to stalk toward Dean but stopped. “But you are” he said, looking at me.

I felt my body start moving my legs toward him. “I may not be able to get you to say yes to give over your body completely but that just means I just have to work harder and it means you’ll feel more pain…I tried being nice…”

We came face to face and I stared into his eyes…Adam was completely gone.

“Hey ass-butt!” a voice called and we all turned to see it was Cas.

Bobby was a few feet behind him with my truck behind them as well. Cas was holding a bottle that seemed to be on fire and he threw it at Michael. I manage to jump back to turn around so no sparks got me in the face as he shot up into flames and yelled out in pain as he fully engulfed into the flames and he vanished. I felt relief as I was able to move my body by myself again.

Ass-butt?” Dean and I both question, looking at Cas.

“He'll be back…and upset. But you got your five minutes”

“Castiel. Did you just Molotov my brother with holy fire?” Lucifer asked, venomously.

Cas took a step back, intimidated. “Uh...no” Cas tried, laughing it off, fakely.

“No one dicks with Michael but me” he spat.

Then, he snapped his fingers and Cas exploded into millions of pieces as his guts flew everywhere and his blood flew onto the side of Bobby’s face while he stared, mortified. I stared and I felt my breathing start to accelerate along with my heart but I controlled it.

“Sammy, can you hear me?” Dean asked, cautiously.

“You know...I tried to be nice too...for Sammy's sake…” He stalked toward Dean and grabbed a hold of his jacket. “But you...are such a pain...in my ass”

He threw Dean back onto the Impala and his head cracked the windshield. I was in so much shock, I couldn’t move my body…my legs felt like jell-o…and my whole body went stiff. Then, shots went off and I saw Bobby had shot Lucifer…he didn’t even flinch. He turned to look at Bobby as we all did as well. He shrugged as if saying, he didn’t know what else to do. Lucifer looked at Brit and without looking back at him, she raised her hand, twisted it and Bobby’s neck snapped like it was nothing. I wanted to shriek out Bobby’s name but I couldn’t even find my voice.

No!” Dean yelled. “Yes” Lucifer replied, pulling Dean off the hood and punching him to the ground.

“Sammy? Are you in there?”

“Oh, he's in here, all right. And he's gonna feel the snap of your bones. Every single one. We're gonna take our time” he hissed as he grabbed Dean’s collar to pull him closer and punched again…and again…and again…and again.

I finally got my legs to move and I raced over to them, I spun Lucifer around and threw my fist at his face so hard, he spun away and almost fell. But, he didn’t. Instead, he pointed to Brittney and she raced to me, tackling me down to the ground. She got me on my back as Lucifer went back to making Dean’s face swell up from his punches. Brit continued to swing at me, making welts appear on my face and making it swell as well. I got us to switch and I was pinning her down as I threw some of my own punches and then held down her arms.

“Come on, B. I know you. You’ve been fighting this whole time to break free. Keep fighting. Don’t let him control you anymore. I’m here. I’m not going to leave you” I said as tears rose in my tears.

I stared into her eyes and I saw how light was flickering in and out of her eyes…she was almost there!

But, a hand grabbed my shoulder to spin me around and I looked up at Sam as he threw a punch at me and I flew to the side. “Bitch!” he spat.

Then, he instructed Brit to go over to Dean as he grabbed me by the hair to lift me to my feet. “I could’ve given you everything, Melissa…I still can…”

“Come on, Sammy. I know you’re in there…fight harder!” I encouraged but he just punched me down and continued to do so.

But, then, I dodged his fist and hit him back and kicked me off me. I limped over to Dean and punched Brit out of the way. But, I was hit from behind and fell into the side of the Impala while Dean was right next to me and Lucifer and Brit were holding us down, hitting us a few more times. I was surprised we were still conscious.

“It’s okay, Sam. I’m here…we both are. Short Stuff…we’re not going to leave you two” Dean said, grabbing a hold of my bloody hand with his as he grabbed a hold of Sam’s jacket lightly and I managed to grab Brit’s hand.

She was coming back to us…slowly but surely. I looked over at Sam to see he pulled his arm back to punch Dean again but then he stopped suddenly. I just stared at him…then I looked at Dean as he looked back at me and I felt like everything was now going in slow motion as I looked back at Brit and it seems like I saw my past...my life...our lives flash before my eyes….

Me and Dean stuffing the doll heads into the trunk space…me and Brit getting glitter all over the back seat of the Impala because of a prank we pulled on the guys…me and Sam taking the Impala for a spin when I was helping to teach him how to drive and we were yelling at each other when I put him behind the wheel. The four of us carving our initials into the impala…then it fast forward to when we first met the guys in the bar. How Dean and I fought ever chance we got…Brit and I laughed and flirted with anyone and everyone until Sam and Dean…the road trip we’ve had with the boys…with our disguises, sarcastic cracks…with all of us laughing and joking around with one another…with our tear-jerker conversations.

The moments I’ve had with Dean and the brother-sister moments I’ve had with Sam and the obvious love shown between Brit and Sam. It ended with me and Dean kissing and I hugged him tight...with me hugging Sam with a small smile, feeling safe and Brit and I were laughing together with my arm hooked around hers and then we faced each other and hugged tightly, showing tears that wanted to fall….


Both, Brit and Sam let go of us and stepped back slightly as Dean and I fell to the ground with our backs against the Impala. “It’s okay, guys…I‘ve got him” Sam said.

I stared into his eyes and then into Brit’s. “It’s gonna be alright” she said.

Sam pulled out the rings and tossed them onto the dead patch of grass as they both said some Latin. The black hole appeared in the ground, behind them. “Sam! Brittney! It’s not gonna end this way! Step away!” Adam came back.

“You’re gonna have to make us!” Brit yelled.

She grabbed onto Sam’s hand and held it, letting him know she wasn’t going anywhere that wasn’t with him because we all know all Sam wanted was for Brit to be safe. But, he didn’t object. I noticed how he held her hand even tighter.

“I have to fight my brother, Brittney! Here and now! It's my destiny!” Adam grunted.

None of us said anything else. Sam and Brit just looked back at us and Brit's eyes met mine as Sam’s met Dean’s. Then, Sam’s eyes met mine as Brit’s met Dean’s and they both nodded and gave themselves up to the black vortex’s winds. Adam lunged forward to grab a hold of Sam and tried to pull him back in but Sam just grabbed a hold of Adam as Brit spun to get behind Adam and with her pushing him in and Sam pulling him in…all three of them fell into the black hole…and then it closed up…and Sam and Brit were really gone.

I found whatever strength was left inside me to crawl the short distance to where the black hole was and I just stayed there on my knees, feeling agonizing pain on the inside of my body and on the out. I noticed Dean crawled over to me but I didn’t acknowledge him. We just knelt there in silence…I wanted to cry…yea, I should’ve been crying…but I think Brittney and Sam knocked me around so much that my face swelled to an extent where the tears couldn’t even find their way to my eyes. Then, I felt a presence…and I looked up to see Cas was standing there.

“Cas?” I found my voice, even though it cracked. “You’re alive?” Dean questioned.

“I'm better than that” he said gently and placed two fingers on my forehead and two fingers on Dean’s forehead.

I suddenly felt better…healed…and I saw Dean had his recognizable face back as well. We both stood to our feet, slowly. “Cas, are you god?” Dean asked, seriously.

I was almost thinking the same thing…. He smiled lightly. “That's a nice compliment. But no. Although, I do believe he brought me back…new and improved” he said and walked over to Bobby.

He bent down, placed a hand on him and I heard his neck snap back into place and he stood to his feet. We all just exchanged looks.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333