‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Sinfull Acts of Hatred

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Brittney’s POV

“Where’s Lilith?” I demanded, getting in the face a man we had tied to a chair with a Devil’s Trap made of chains hovering above him.

He was sweaty and breathing heavily but he still just wouldn’t break as Sam, Ruby and I stood in front of him. Yea, Ruby was very much alive…she was just possessing a different girl. The girl, Kristy, that was in the motel room with Sam right before Dean showed up…yea, her.

“Kiss my ass” the demon spat as his eyes went back.

“I'd watch myself if I were you” Sam warned.

“Why? Huh? Because you're Sam Winchester, Mr. Big Hero? And yet here you are, slutting around with some demon and some slutty ex-girlfriend. Real hero”

“Shut your mouth”

“Tell me about those months without your brother. About all the things you, your demony girlfriend and this demon bitch do in the dark”

Then, I just snapped as I put a hand up and I started to force the demon out of this guy. Sam joined in and in mere seconds, the demon smoke burned through the floor and it was gone. We all exchanged looks as small smiles crept on our faces.

I felt for a pulse on the guy and he had one…we actually did it. “How'd it feel?” Ruby asked. “Good. No more headaches” I said and Sam nodded in agreement as he started to untie the guy.

“None? That's good” Ruby smiled.

I know Ruby and I had our disagreements…and I really did just hate her guts…but things are different now. She really helped Sam and I get by. Sam started to help the man out of the chair and we all started toward the door…but then it flew open and in walked Dean and Mel…and it was more than obvious that they were angry…they were more than just furious…and we were more than just in trouble. Shit.

My POV

I saw what Sam and Brit did…I saw them use their ‘powers’ or whatever to send that demon packing…and I was so angry you wouldn’t believe. “So you guys got anything to say to us?” I snapped, venomously.

“Mel, just hold on okay” Brit said as we walked toward them and Sam set the guy back onto the chair. “Just let us…” Sam started.

“You gonna say, "let me explain"? You're gonna explain this? How about this? Why don't you start with who she is, and what the hell is she doing here?” Dean snapped, gesturing to the girl, standing behind Sam and Brit, watching us.

She smiled calmly. “Melissa…Dean…it's good to see you both again” she spoke and my eyes widened.

“Ruby?” I questioned. “Is that Ruby?” Dean asked.

No one answered though. Ruby’s smile faded and then he shoved her up against the wall and pulled out her knife, ready to just kill the bitch. “Don’t!” Sam yelled as he grabbed Dean’s hand.

But, then Dean spun to throw Sam into the wall and Ruby went to pin Dean up against the wall but I jumped forward and bent Ruby’s arm behind her back and threw her in another direction. Then, she came at me in a swift motion and pinned me up against the wall as she grabbed my neck with her hand to choke me.

“Ruby! Stop it!” Brit ordered.

I saw Dean try to lunge at her but Sam held him back. I kept my eyes on Ruby’s as she glared at me and I glared back. I felt her grip loosen so I hit her arms away and I got off the wall.

“Well, aren't you an obedient little bitch?” Dean commented and she glared at him, clearly wanting to attack again.

“Ruby. He's hurt” Sam said, sternly.

She gave Dean and I one more look before she walked over to the guy, put his arm around her shoulder and headed for a back door. “Where the hell do you think you're going?” Dean snapped.

“The ER.…unless you want to go another round first” she said but no one responded and watched her walk out with the guy. “Dean” Sam started lightly.

But, he didn’t look at Sam, instead he looked at me and I nodded. “Mel?” Brit spoke. I didn’t look at her either. Dean and I just walked out with Sam and Brit calling after us.

~~

It was day now when Dean and I pulled up back at the motel in the Impala. We spent a while on the road, just driving around in complete silence. Neither of us dared to even speak…neither of us wanted to speak. When we got back to the motel we walked into mine and Brit’s room first, knowing she wouldn’t be in there. I packed up my stuff into my suitcase and then we walked into the boys room where Sam and Brit were sitting at a small table. I shut the door and leaned against the it with my arms crossed as Dean started to pack. Sam asked Dean what he was doing as Brit tried to get my attention but we both ignored them.

“You don't need us. You two and Ruby go fight demons” I murmured.

“Hold on. Dean, come on, man” Sam tried but Dean spun to punch him in the face and Sam whirled around by the force.

Brit jumped slightly but I didn’t move. I just kept my eyes down and waited. “You satisfied?” But, Dean punched him again. I looked up to see his lip was bleeding. “I guess not”

“Would you like to punch me? Would help you?” Brit asked. “I’ll get my turn later” I said.

“Do you even know how far off the reservation you've gone? How far from normal? From human?…the both of you” Dean stressed as I got off the wall and walked over to them so we were all facing each other.

“We’re just exorcising demons” Brit said. “With your mind!” I yelled at her.

“What else can you do?” Dean asked, more calmly.

“We can send them back to Hell. It only works with demons and that's it” Sam answered.

But, Dean grabbed a hold of Sam. “What else can you do?!”

“I told you!” Sam yelled back, pushing Dean off him as I was just staring Brit down. “And we have every reason in the world to believe that” I commented as Dean backed off Sam a little.

“We should’ve said something. I'm sorry, Mel. Really. But try to see the other side here” Brit tried. “The other side?” I inquired.

“We’re pulling demons out of innocent people”

“Use the knife!” Dean yelled.

“The knife kills the victim! What we do, most of them survive! Look, we've saved more people in the last five months than we all save in a year”

“And Mel, if you decided to do the same thing, it would be so much more…between the three of us…” Brit started.

“Is that what your friend, Ruby, told you?” I sneered, incredulous about how she would even think that I would do this.

“Kind of like the way she tricked you into using your powers?…slippery slope, brother. Just wait and see. Because it's gonna get darker and darker and God knows where it ends” Dean said.

“I'm not gonna let it go too far” Sam said, sternly.

But, then I just cracked slightly and I punched the wall and made a dent. “Damn it, Sam! It’s already gone too far. If I didn't know you I would wanna hunt you” I stressed and I saw the hurt show in Sam’s eyes.

Any other time, I would’ve given in and felt bad just by looking at his eyes but not this time. “Melissa” Brittney scolded quietly but I shot her a look.

“And so would other hunters” Dean added.

“You were gone…Melissa was gone…”

“And she didn’t turn to this stuff…and she’s more likely to achieve at this stuff than you guys are” I felt a ping but I ignored it. I didn’t want to be compared to this…demon stuff…but I focused on right in front of me.

“…I was here…Brittney was here. I had to keep on fighting without you. And what I'm doing...it works” Sam continued.

“Well, tell me. If it's so terrific...then why'd you lie about it to me?” Dean asked but Sam kept his head down.

“And why did an angel tell us to stop you two?" I voiced and they both looked at me in surprise.

“Cas said that if we don't stop you, he will. See what that means, Sam? That means that God doesn't want either of you doing this. So, are you just gonna stand there and tell me everything is all good?” Dean questioned and I saw how we were all getting a little choked up as tears started to form in all of our eyes.

Then, Sam’s cell started to ring and both, Dean and I flinched at the sound breaking the silence. While Sam was on the phone, I kept my eyes on Brit and she was avoiding my look at first but then she finally stared back at me. Sam got off the phone and just stared at all of us and it was silent again as we all stared at each other.

~~

We hit the road. Apparently there was a case. I didn’t ask much about it though, I just agreed to follow the guys. While Brit and I were in the truck, I explained to her what Dean and I went through while they were off doing….you know.

“Wow, so Dean didn’t know Mary was a hunter?”

“No but that woman kicked ass…”

“And your dad and her were really close?”

“More than just really close…it was really nice seeing them happy and being close friends…”

“Did you run into my parents?” she asked, quietly.

“No…I didn’t. I think they were together though…I still wish you saw it though Brit…John, dad and Mary were all just so happy and hopeful…”

She sighed. “I wish I saw it…” she nodded.

“I just don’t get it…between all of our families…they were all murdered for what? Just so Yellow Eyes could bleed in yours and Sam’s mouths? Just so I would have demon blood in my blood stream?”

She stayed silent. “Ya know…Sam never told Dean about how he knows about the demon blood” she said and I glanced over at her and sighed in frustration.

“It’s been about a year since we found out…and he didn’t tell him” I shook my head, keeping my eyes on the road.

“Are you going to start hiding things from me now? Just let me know so I don’t just expect you to tell me things I should know” I said with some attitude. She stayed silent and kept her eyes on the road as I was glancing at her.

“Fine. Don’t tell me. You don’t have to. Whatever”

“Melissa…” she sighed but I ignored her and kept my eyes on the road. “Whatever” she muttered.

We got to the Montgomery residence to look in on a Jack Montgomery. “You guys sure this is him?” I asked as I was on speaker phone with Dean and Sam and we were parked on the side of the house and Brit was using the binoculars to spy on our mystery man.

“Only Jack Montgomery in town” Sam answered. “And we're looking for…” Dean questioned.

“Travis said to keep an eye out for anything weird”

“Weird?”

“Yeah”

“Alright, well, yeah, I've seen big weird, little weird, weird with crazy on top. But this guy? I mean, come on, this guy's boring”

“I don't know, Dean. Travis seemed pretty sure”

“And you guys know Travis personally?” I asked. “Yea, he was a friend of our dads” Sam told me.

“Umm guys” Brit said and as I picked up my own pair of binoculars, I made a disgusted sound as I saw this guy eating raw meat right out of the fridge.

“Yes, I’d say that qualifies as weird” she said and all I did was nod in agreement as I couldn’t get the disgusted look off my face.

We got back to the motel and we all walked into the boys room to see a man sitting at the table with a beer in his hand. “Travis” Sam smiled and so did Dean.

“See, Sam. Told you we should have hid the beer” Dean said and I shut the door as Travis stood and walked toward the boys as they walked toward him.

“Smartass. Get over here” the man laughed and him and Dean did a manly hug.

“Ahh, good to see you”

“You too” Then Travis hugged Sam as well.

“Man, you got tall, kid. How long has it been?”

“Ah, gotta be 10 years”

“You still a.. oh, what was it...a mathlete?”

I snickered a little as Brit started to grin and Sam scoffed. “No”

“Yep, sure is” Dean said.

“Umm Travis, this is Brittney and Melissa. We all work together

“Define work together” I muttered but Sam heard me and his smile started to fade as I felt Brit tense a little.

But, Travis didn’t hear me. “Ahh Melissa Stern…it’s pleasure to finally meet you. I’ve heard much about you. I knew your father”

“Didn’t everybody” I commented, flashing a friendly smile. He chuckled.

“Yea, I guess so” he agreed. “And it’s nice to meet you too Brittney” he shook her hand.

“Same here”

“But, it’s been too long kids…grown men…and women” he gestured to us. “John and Will would have been damn proud of you all sticking together like this” he said and even made eye contact with Brittney.

“Yeah. Yeah, we're as thick as thieves” Dean said and I knew he was trying to make a point to Sam and Brit.

I crossed my arms as Sam and Brit’s smiles were completely gone now. “Nothing more important than family” I smirked, smugly and sarcastically.

So, we all walked to the table and Travis thanked us for helping him and made a joke about how he was short handed since he was wearing a cast and we explained to him how we found Montgomery and how he had the munchies he just forgot to cook the burger and Travis confirmed that it was him…and he said we had a Rougaroo on our hands.

“A Rougaroo? That sounds made up” Dean said, looking at us.

“Well they’re not. My dad told me about them. They’re nasty things with rotted teeth, wormy skin and all that. They start out human but go through some kind of metamorphosis, I guess you could say” I said.

“Exactly it. Like a maggot turning into a bull fly. But most of all…they’re hungry”

“Hungry for what?” Brit asked.

“At first…for everything…” I shrugged.

“But then…for long pig” Travis added.

“Long pig?” Dean asked. “He means human flesh” Sam and Brit both said.

“And that is my word of the day”

“Hunger grows until they can't fight it. Till they got to take themselves a big, juicy chomp, and then it happens” Travis said. “What happens?” Brit asked.

“They transform completely and fast” I answered.

“One bite's all it takes. Eyes, teeth, skin; all turns. No going back either. They feed once, they're a monster forever. And our man Jack's headed there on a bullet train” Travis said.

“Well, how'd you find this guy if he's a walking, talking human?” Dean asked.

“Lets just say it runs in his family”

“You mean…” Brit started.

“Killed his daddy back in '78. Son of a bitch mangled 8 bodies before I put him down. Guy used to be a dentist. Cadillac, trophy wife...little did I know, pregnant trophy wife. She put the boy up for adoption. By the time I found out, he was long gone, lost in the system”

“You mean to tell me you couldn't find someone?” Sam asked and Travis sighed.

“I'm not sure I wanted to. The idea of hunting down some poor kid...I don't think I'd have the heart. No. I wanted to wait, make damn sure I had the right man. Apparently, I do”
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333