‹ Prequel: Modern Swinger

Hey Little Razorblade

Drink Yourself To Happiness

The pounding at my door woke me up that day. I didn't even open my eyes. I didn't want to open them. I wanted to shut out the world.

"Go-away!" I groaned.

"Chloe! It's Jon!! Open the fucking door!" He shouted.

I opened my eyes slowly. I had to get them to adjust to the dark before I could even get out of bed.

Jon proceeded to pound on the door.

"I'm fucking coming!" I yelled. They already pissed me off and I haven't even started my day.

I opened the door to meet the face of a fuming Jon. He stormed into the room and turned around to face me. I closed the door and walked over to the bed. He looked around and his harsh look on his face softened.

"Chloe, what have you been doing?" He asked worriedly.

I shrugged. "Nothing, why?"

He looked around again and frowned. "Nothing? Nothing? Are you fucking kidding me? Look at you! You're a mess, and obviously been drinking non stop. This little binge of yours needs to stop."

I looked over at the overfilled trash can. Liquor bottles were coming out of it, and I began to feel ashamed. I couldn't say anything, because I knew he had already caught me. There was no point in denying it anymore.

"Look, matt told me what happened. Did you really leave him?" he asked sitting next to me.

Tears began to fill my eyes, but I was trying so hard to not allow them to fall. "Yea." I nodded briefly.

Jon came and sat next to me. "Chloe, it's ok."

I shook my head. "No! It's not ok Jon!" I yelled quietly. I wiped away the few tears that fell off my face with the back of my hand.

"Well this is not ok!" he yelled pointing around my room. I looked around the room and finally saw it through his eyes. I was self-destructing and I didn't even know it.

"I love him so much, but-but-but all he does is hurt me. I can't take it anymore. My heart can't take it." I sobbed placing a hand over my heart. "I need to move on. I need to find someone who isn't going to hurt me so much. He needs to go and do the same."

"In that case, he's a jerk." Jon stated sitting down next to him and wrapping his arms around my shoulders pulling me near.

I rolled my eyes, and wiped the fallen tears. "I told you." I sighed pulling away from the hug. I wasn't in the mood for any kind of physical contact.

"I know, but I've never realized it until now." He shrugged unfazed. "He's not even fighting for you. Here you are hurting so much, and he doesn't even come over to save you from hurting yourself."

"Whatever, I just want him to stay away from me. I'm tired of it, and I don't want anything to do with him."

"Are you sure?" He eyed me. I nodded confidently in response. "So it wouldn't matter if I told you that he got a new girlfriend?"

My head snapped up to look at him. Shock washed over my face from the comment. Then I smirked and rolled my eyes. It figures he would get a new girl.

"If he has a new girl in his life, then I wish him all the luck." I stood up and made my way towards the restroom.

"Where are you going?" Jon asked confused.

"To take a shower, then you and I are going out to eat." I answered shutting the door.

I quickly turned the shower on, getting it ready for me. Not only that, I was using it as a distraction for Jon to think I was showering. I bent down to open the cabinet where the sink was. I stuck my arm inside feeling around for my happiness.

I pulled out my 2 litter bottle of Jack Daniels and smiled happily.

All I needed to do was drink my memories of Matt Friction away and I would feel so much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
"So go fill up a glass with tonic rocks and gin
and drink yourself to happiness."

I seriously love that album....message/comment