Human Meets Angel

The Cover Up

For the next couple of days Ethel and Collin spent each night moving the Angel into eachother's room, taking turns to look after him and hide him under the bed so their parents couldn't find him. Tonight was Ethel's turn. She was still edgy about having someone being hidden under her bed. It made her worry that he'd wake up and attack her. But that was stupid, 'He's an Angel...' she thought to herself as her and Collin carefully slided him under the bed.

"Alright, I got to go. Mum's about to try hover my room and I need to pick up the feathers." Collin said hurriedly and jumped out of the room. Ethel smirked at Collin and she looked back down at the bed. She shook her head and walked toher huge juke box next to her desk and tapped on the glass looking down on the options of her song choice.

Ethel loved her juke box, her and her dad had found it when shopping and she begged her dad to let her get it from a really cheap place in town. It stored all her CDs and let her plug in an MP3 so she could play the songs at random.

"I think I'm in a dancing mood..." She muttered to herself and plugged in her iPod to the jukebox with a special cable and pressed Danger Radio, then Dancing With A Stranger. Ethel smiled happily when the music started and automatically her body was already dancing around.

"Lifeline! Call in the cavalry, tonight you're making it so hard to breathe...!" She sang dancing whichever way the beat was making her. Tapping her foot on the floor with her hands out in front of her feeling the rthym echo through out her.

"Girl you make me feel like I'm walking into danger! But I don't really care, girl I think I'm ready for a slow dance with a stranger, and I want yo-" Ethel abrutely stopped singing and spun around the room. Ethel frowned, 'I could've sworn I heard someone...', she thought and shook her head and looked in the direction of her bed but still saw the Angel's arm and side of the body in the same position she had put them.
Ethel walked towards her door, opening it and poking her head out, "Did someone call me?"

For a while there was silence and she began to wonder if there was anyone in the house and eventually "No!" replied loudly and gruffly (from her father) up the stairs. She frowned again and closed the door and turned around to face the juke box, biting her lip, 'Might be a glitch...' and shrugged it off.

Just as Ethel walked towards the jukebox to play a different song she heard the noise again. The same noise that had stopped her dancing. The muffled groan. Her eyes wide she spun round to once again see no-one in her room. Ethel's mum walked into the room "Hunny, have you seen my necklace?"

Ethel looked at her mother, she blankly replied "Erm..."

"Are you okay, hun?" Ethel's mum became worried and took a step back to look at her daughter.

Ethel blinked and snapped out of her trance "What one?"

"The gold elephant..." She replied still unsure.

"Erm..." Ethel's eyes bulged out of their sockets when something on the floor caught her attention. An arm creeping out from under her bed. Ethel's mother noticed Ethel's face and turned round to see what she was staring out and Ethel jumped infront of her mum kicking the arm back under her bed, which made a low thud, "Nope haven't seen it. I think I saw Collin with it," Ethel loudly spoke over the "Ow..." from under her bed.

"Why would Collin have it?" Ethel's Mother looked curiously at her daughter.

"Oh, you know Collin," Ethel replied as a disraction, 'Don't look under the bed, don't look under the bed...'

"Apparently not..." She wavered still looking at Ethel. "I don't mind if you have it, it's just I want to wear it tonight."

"Ah!" Ethel jumped out of place with a small scream.

"What?! What is it?!" Ethel's mother panicked.

"Y-You're going out! That's great! I'm so happy for you!" Ethel quickly screamed with a false delight and hugged her mother jumping up and down. What her mother didn't know was that the arm had grabbed her foot and she was now jumping up and down trying to get it off... And hopefully stamp on it.

"Ethel, What's wrong with you?" She demanded and pushed Ethel off her.

"I-I-I'm happy you're going out!" Ethel stuttered as the hand was tracing up her leg sending electric shockwaves up her leg and spine.

"You're not on drugs are you?" Ethel's mother asked warily.

Ethel stopped, 'How much simpler would it be to say yes?'. "No mum, I'm just happy for you," After calming down, Ethel realised her lies would be easier to be believable. "I'm sorry I scared you."

"It's okay..." Ethel's mum still looked cautious, "I'm just wondering what brought on the sudden hysteria..."

"Erm..." Ethel bit her lip and shrugged. Even after doing this and all the hints Ethel felt she had careful sent out, there was shuffling coming from under the bed.

"What's that?" Ethel's mum heard the noise and looked down to the bed.

"No, mum! Nothing!" Ethel tried to stop her mother looking under the bed but it didn't make a difference. What her and her brother had been hiding for a week, the thing that had been unconscious and silent moved out from under her bed.

Ethel's mother was in shock and turned to look at her daughter, "Who's this?" she asked sourly.

"I can explain..." Ethel blurted out but then realised she couldn't.

"Actually I can explain m'am," The guy who was now standing looked like a young man. He politely smiled and wrapped his arm around Ethel's waist. Both Ethel and her mum eyed his arm and looked back at him.

"I'm Raphael, Ethel's boyfriend," He held out his hand for Ethel's mum to shake but she was to busy curiously looking at him up and down.

"Ethel... What happend to Brad?"

Ethel nearly choked on her throat and her eyes too close for comfort near reaching falling position, "W-We broke up a while ago."

"Oh, well why didn't you tell me about Raphael?" She questioned. Then looked back over him "And where's you top?"

Looking over "Raphael" Ethel did realise he was topless, 'Darn' Ethel cursed herself, she was going to have to suffer a long talk with her mother tonight.

"Oh, that's my fault." Raphael butted in. "You see, I got beat up and I thought I'd dislocated my shoulder, Ethel was looking at it for me, and because of this we'd rather have you meet me on better terms. I mean, you'd think I was a thug if I had walked through your door all scruffed up. But that's not like me at all, I figured it would be nicer if I wasn't... In pain."

"Why didn't you go to the hospital?" Ethel's mother sounded truely worried and slightly panicked.

"Well, I wouldn't want to bother them if it's just bruised, and it seems that's all it is. A bruised shoulder."

His lies just rolled off his toungue and even Ethel herself was believing them, well nearly. He stood strong and with confidence and it was only at this time his wings had disapeared, 'So they were fake!' Ethel grumbled inside her head and wished she had kicked him harder.

"Oh, well... Are you joining us for dinner? I have enough for an extra person."

"Oh no, my father would be expecting me back, so I'll be leaving soon."

"Okay, well it's nice to meet you... At last," Ethel's mother turned on her feet and walked out closing the door behind her.

The grip on Ethel's waist was released and she turned to face Raphael. She glared at him, "You've got to tell me how you got rid of those wings, because I was sure you'd sown them on,"

Raphael didn't reply, he just made a questioning face and Ethel's question.

Ethel sighed angrily "You're not a real angel, and we've been looking after you when you were clearly just a psychopath!". Ethel got to her knees and looked under the bed searching for the fake wings. "Me and my brother went through alot to make you better and you're not even real! Arg, where are you wings?"

Ethel paused coming out from under the bed looking back up at Raphael who was still in the same position with a questioning look.

"W-Where are your wings?"

Raphael's face relaxed and he smirked. Air whooshed around the room making Ethel close her eyes for a split second and when she opened them, there they were. Wings, outstretched from Raphael's back.

"They morph into my back. They cause alot of suspicion on the Human World. I'm sure you can understand."
♠ ♠ ♠
He's awake! He's awake!